***ushima heroes: Not afraid to die

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
***ushima heroes: Not afraid to die
If the ***ushima nuclear plant's crisis is not calmed soon, Japan will need more brave volunteers to battle it
By Jim Axelrod

Since the disaster struck in Japan, about 800 workers have been evacuated from the damaged nuclear complex in ***ushima. The radiation danger is that great.

However, CBS News correspondent Jim Axelrod reports that a handful have stayed on the job, risking their lives, to try to save the lives of countless people they don't even know. The exact number of workers is unclear and has been reported to be anywhere from 50 to 180.

Although communication with the workers inside the nuclear plant is nearly impossible, a CBS News consultant spoke to a Japanese official who made contact with one of the workers inside the control center.

The official said that his friend told him that he was not afraid to die, that that was his job.

Continue to full story...

joseephuss

Reaction score
I thought there was no danger whatsoever. ;)

Maybe it should be called the Screwushima plant.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I've seen documentaries on Chernobyl detailing how many of the early responders went in knowing they were getting lethal doses and would likely die a terrible death. They are now national heroes.

I think many people would do the same if convinced it was absolutely necessary to prevent many thousands from being poisoned or killed.

arglebargle

Reaction score
I remember seeing some interviews with some of those guys, from their hospital beds. They deserved to be national heroes.