News: Valley Ranch Trash or Treasure: Darren Woodson’s Autographed Locker

CCBoy

Reaction score
Valley Ranch Trash or Treasure: Darren Woodson’s Autographed Locker

http://www.5pointsblue.com/valley-ranch-trash-treasure-darren-woodsons-autographed-locker/

The all-time leading tackler in Cowboys history, Darren Woodson, used a black Sharpie marker to leave a message in his old Valley Ranch locker.

Here’s what Darren wrote after he retired from the NFL following the 2004 season:

Super Bowl Champs 92, 93, 95…History Darren Woodson #28”.

In the upper left corner of the locker, Woodson added “Don’t wipe”.

Darren, who was inducted into the Cowboys Ring of Honor in 2015, hoped the message would inspire all the players who would later occupy the locker which he used from his rookie season in 1992 until his retirement in 2004.

Darren won three Super Bowls during his career, hence the message. He is one of the most respected men to ever walk the halls of Valley Ranch or grace the football field at Texas Stadium. On and off the field, he was the perfect teammate, the perfect role model, the kind of person that we hope our children grow up to be.

Equipment manager Mike McCord gave Darren his blessing in leaving the message in the locker. Trust me…that was a big deal because Mike is not the type of guy who would allow anyone to mess up the team’s workspace...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Well I guess we should pool our money and get this as a gift for Woodysgirl...

You guys go ahead and pool for a locker.................I'm gettin' her Darren. :cool:

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Sadly, you won't be able to buy it. It sounds like the locker will be moving to a new home:

'So what will happen to Darren’s and Charles’ old locker? Surely there’s no way this Valley Ranch treasure could end up on a scrap heap!?!?

I’ve talked with Cowboys team archivist Jonathan Thorn who assures me the locker will be preserved. In fact, the locker has already been the topic of conversation in meetings as Thorn and team executives determine which memorabilia items will be transferred from Valley Ranch to either The Star in Frisco or to AT&T Stadium.'