Twitter: Vander Esch is on a mission

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Players don’t control being injured but when they put in extra work to be the best they can be it should be commended

So true......remember Miles Austin's frustration with hamstrings every year. He even focused on offseason workouts that he hopped would minimize the issues but never happen.

John813

Reaction score
Shouldn't he have been doing this since entering the NFL? Why does it take going into the season before his rookie 5th year option is picked up or not for him to now suddenly dedicate himself to improving?

I'm sorry but there just seems to be something about the Dallas Cowboys culture that encourages players to play at a middle of the road baseline and then try and go balls to the wall just before a new contract is due only to see those rewarded with a new contract revert back to that middle of the road baseline or worse.

He said he was going to be in Dallas this year training, early on. Who is to say he didn't train back in Boise the previous two years?

His first two years he never dealt with random injuries. The neck popped up in year two after getting hit in the head.
This past year was year 3 which was when he dealt with the collarbone(which is close to impossible to train to prevent) and ankle injury which isn't a rare injury in sports.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I feel bad for LVE. Injuries are the only thing holding him back from being a great LB. Unfortunately they’re simply not preventable.
They are preventable if you just turn your back on blockers taking your self out of the play and then chasing down the ball carrier after he's run by you or just dog piling after the play is made. Not that I'm thinking of anyone in particular.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Another wasted pick. Hopefully he doesn’t get a 2nd contract...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a pro football player...shouldn't they be doing that all the time anyway? Do YOU get special commendations for showing up for work EVERY DAY?