Twitter: Vander Esch ruled out Sunday

bodi

Reaction score
NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports teams have injury concerns with Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch.

Vander Esch's neck injury has removed him from some draft boards. He also had a pinched C-spine nerve and LCL sprain at Boise State. This has been out there, but it confirms teams have flagged Vander Esch's medicals. Vander Esch was given a passing grade for his neck issue at the Combine.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing to see here.
If there was a problem they'd level with us.
Like when Romo had his first back operation.
"It's just a cyst "

glimmerman

Reaction score
Doubtful it's his neck. I'd wager it's something else. Could be viral. That's what they told me when I had vertigo about 3 years ago. It sucks, and I didn't immediately recover. The physical symptoms went away after sleeping for the better part of 2 or 3 days, but balance was a bit off for a number weeks.
Sorry that happened to you. I guess if it is viral it would be better than a permanent neck problem. I would think if it was they would say that but they are really not saying much of anything.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If they think he's going to need surgery, make the determination and do it now to get him reader faster for next year. The longer he waits, the longer it will take him to get back into football shape and ready to play....

So get it over with.
I agree. I hope it’s not like Tyron where it’s a chronic problem although it usually is. I don’t think Tyron has had his surgery yet.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
If it’s a bulge of a disc then they will wait for the inflammation to go down. If it’s herniated he may need surgery. He could still play next year. Just depends.

Not correct. A herniated disc is the same as a bulging disc.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Have a little faith my man...He was knocking on the door of rookie of the year before Richard moved him from the middle. He was an absolute stud here in Boise playing MLB. Why on earth they moved him to begin with???? God only knows...Just look @ our history of making our top picks ...play out of position. Hopefully...they will get it figured out for the Eagles game. Personally...I think they have been saving him....trying to get him ready for the showdown...as to not aggravate that stinger any further.
Agree with everything you said till the end, spinal stenosis in not a stinger.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Bulging is poking out and mostly don’t need surgery. A herniated disc has popped and is the same as a ruptured disc. But I understand what your saying the both are outside the space.

A herniated disc (also called bulged, slipped or ruptured) is a fragment of the disc nucleus that is pushed out of the annulus, into the spinal canal through a tear or rupture in the annulus. Discs that become herniated usually are in an early stage of degeneration.

As a veteran of four failed cervical surgeries I know a little bit about the subject. Different terms all mean the same thing.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Nothing to see here.
If there was a problem they'd level with us.
Like when Romo had his first back operation.
"It's just a cyst "
There was also nothing to worry about Fred beard last year. Fans should be conditioned to be very concerned when the Cowboys aren’t.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Bulging is poking out and mostly don’t need surgery. A herniated disc has popped and is the same as a ruptured disc. But I understand what your saying the both are outside the space.
I don't want to come off life some kind of know it all, especially to you.

I think you're one of the finest posters on this board so I hope you don't take offense.

glimmerman

Reaction score
A herniated disc (also called bulged, slipped or ruptured) is a fragment of the disc nucleus that is pushed out of the annulus, into the spinal canal through a tear or rupture in the annulus. Discs that become herniated usually are in an early stage of degeneration.

As a veteran of four failed cervical surgeries I know a little bit about the subject. Different terms all mean the same thing.
I also have chronic issues and it sucks and hurts. The way it’s explained to me is that a bulge is contained and no leakage of the disc fluid. A rupture or herniated has torn or cracked and leaked the fluid and is not contained. Either way it is no kind of fun..

Not sure about LVE problem. Not really sure what a stinger is but I don’t think that’s his issue.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't want to come off life some kind of know it all, especially to you.

I think you're one of the finest posters on this board so I hope you don't take offense.
Not offended at all. I also enjoy your posts. People like us that have to live with it every day understand the pain and limitations it puts on you. My wife has also had 3 or 4 failed surgeries in her neck. They fused one and the next one collapsed so they fused that and it’s caused a domino effect in her spine. It’s life changing for sure. But I respect your explanation and understanding of it. You have been there and done that and got the T-Shirt. Lol

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
LVE's career is probably over. That would be our luck, and another typically poorly scouted draft choice with health issues.

glimmerman

Reaction score
LVE's career is probably over. That would be our luck, and another typically poorly scouted draft choice with health issues.
If he had or has problems with his neck then I think his agent and medical staff and college hid it well to save his draft stock. He was able to play last year no problem. He took a shot tackling someone with Heath and took a brunt of it. I bet the person being tackled thanked his lucky stars he didn’t take the shot. I think if he was hurt bad enough they would have shut him down for the year.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Not offended at all. I also enjoy your posts. People like us that have to live with it every day understand the pain and limitations it puts on you. My wife has also had 3 or 4 failed surgeries in her neck. They fused one and the next one collapsed so they fused that and it’s caused a domino effect in her spine. It’s life changing for sure. But I respect your explanation and understanding of it. You have been there and done that and got the T-Shirt. Lol
Feel bad for you and your wife. It seems once you start the surgeries they are never ending. I am fused from C2-C5 and have artificial discs for C2-C7 but unfortunately the root nerve was damaged before surgeries. Trying the conservative methods is definitely the wise choice before surgeries but in my case was a bad idea.

I have chronic shoulder pain and migraines as a result. No neck pain which I find funny. But I have a healthy family and can still lead a decent life. So I am generally happy.

I'm sure you and your wife know what chronic pain is like. Most people do not understand. It's always nice to meet someone who goes through the same as I do. Although I am sorry you both have to deal with it.

Sorry for the novel, but my morning meds always seem to make me a bit chatty. lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
Feel bad for you and your wife. It seems once you start the surgeries they are never ending. I am fused from C2-C5 and have artificial discs for C2-C7 but unfortunately the root nerve was damaged before surgeries. Trying the conservative methods is definitely the wise choice before surgeries but in my case was a bad idea.

I have chronic shoulder pain and migraines as a result. No neck pain which I find funny. But I have a healthy family and can still lead a decent life. So I am generally happy.

I'm sure you and your wife know what chronic pain is like. Most people do not understand. It's always nice to meet someone who goes through the same as I do. Although I am sorry you both have to deal with it.

Sorry for the novel, but my morning meds always seem to make me a bit chatty. lol
Wow. Sorry about the surgeries. You have been through it for sure. How are the artificial discs working for you. I am holding out as long as I can and hoping for advancements for the artificial discs before I do it. Living with it is not fun but it’s amazing how you just learn to deal with it and stay happy. My wife is the same way, you just get by and keep a happy outlook. I am glad you have found a way to stay positive. Having good genetics like you do helps a lot.

My lower back and neck have several herniated discs and after watching what my wife went through in her neck I am not looking forward to what happens to me eventually. That’s why I am hoping for the advancements in artificial discs.

I completely understand the morning meds making you chatty. My wife and I talk non stop for about 2 hours every morning. Lol

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Wow. Sorry about the surgeries. You have been through it for sure. How are the artificial discs working for you. I am holding out as long as I can and hoping for advancements for the artificial discs before I do it. Living with it is not fun but it’s amazing how you just learn to deal with it and stay happy. My wife is the same way, you just get by and keep a happy outlook. I am glad you have found a way to stay positive. Having good genetics like you do helps a lot.

My lower back and neck have several herniated discs and after watching what my wife went through in her neck I am not looking forward to what happens to me eventually. That’s why I am hoping for the advancements in artificial discs.

I completely understand the morning meds making you chatty. My wife and I talk non stop for about 2 hours every morning. Lol

Ha! I'm glad I am not the only one the meds do that to!

So far, the discs have held up very well. I worry more about all the screws and rods breaking. But I don't think about it or it would drive me insane.

Glad to hear you both have a positive outlook, it's easy for chronic pain to put you in less than a good mood. I have a great wife too and I think that makes a huge difference. My daughters both moved to Texas while I'm still stuck in Virginia but I visit them quite a bit. And Facetime is a wonderful thing, they always brighten my day. I'll eventually get back home when my wife retires.

Was great to heat y'alls stories although I wish it didn't have to be about this subject. Hope y'all have a great weekend.