Vanderjagt has NEVER Kicked in rain

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Kicked in rain - per 1310 the ticket!

Please please please, don't let it come down to a field goal..

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Really???? In a long career like his and ne has NEVER kicked in the rain :bang2:

Not the best day for him to work out of his slump.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Clove said:

Per the Ticket?? yawn...

Seriously, he kicked in the CFL for years before coming to the Colts. I bet he's seen plenty of weather issues.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I just love it when the excuses come built in - but that is SOME 'fact'.

However, Jerry's paying him enough to kick in a tornado.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He said that in an interview, that in his entire career in the NFL, he's never kicked in the rain... That's unbelievable..

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I just love it when the excuses come built in - but that is SOME 'fact'.

However, Jerry's paying him enough to kick in a tornado.

Isn't that the truth....:D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clove said:

He kicked plenty of times in the rain while in WVU. I would also imagine he did the same in Canada.

Oooh...let's all wig out.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that, since he's been in the NFL 9 years.. He's kicked in snow, but not rain...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
just checked the radar.............rain is moving out of the area as i type this.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
lane said:
just checked the radar.............rain is moving out of the area as i type this.

orly_pope.jpg

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/76210?from=36hour_map_large

superpunk

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
He kicked plenty of times in the rain while in WVU. I would also imagine he did the same in Canada.

Oooh...let's all wig out.

let's get nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Clove said:

He kicked in a driving snow storm in Denver one night, I'm sure that is worse than rain.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
On October 6, 2003, Vanderjagt kicked in the rain at Tampa Bay. He went 5-for-5 on PATs and 1-for-1 on FG attempts, making a 29-yarder in overtime to win the game.

He might have kicked in the rain before 2000 or in Canada, but I can't find anything prior to 2000. In the NFL, he has never missed a kick when it's raining or snowing (8-for-8 on field goals, 12-for-12 on PATs).

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vanderjagt's kicking

Mike Vanderjagt and Shaun Suisham are both active, which means Bill Parcells went short at another position. We don't know which one yet because the inactives are not in.

Vanderjagt and Suisham are on the field warming up with Suisham expected to handle the kickoff duties. Vanderjagt just missed a 53-yarder badly, short and right. We've said it before, but the ball just does not jump off his foot.

Posted by Todd Archer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 6:10 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

It's raining, it's pouring ...

The tarp is still covering the Texas Stadium field with players having to do some early stretching and throwing on the sidelines. Not sure when the grounds crew will get a move on to take the thing off.

While it's expected Mike Vanderjagt will kick field goals, we haven't seen him warm up yet to get a feel for how he is doing.

Posted by Todd Archer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 4:55 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
On October 6, 2003, Vanderjagt kicked in the rain at Tampa Bay. He went 5-for-5 on PATs and 1-for-1 on FG attempts, making a 29-yarder in overtime to win the game.

He might have kicked in the rain before 2000 or in Canada, but I can't find anything prior to 2000. In the NFL, he has never missed a kick when it's raining or snowing (8-for-8 on field goals, 12-for-12 on PATs).
Maybe he forgot, or was drunk during that game, that's what he said in an interview.. Thanks for clearing that up..