News: Vaughn a protege of Sproles?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Here's an angle I have heard much about. Sproles and Vaughn are both from Kansas State.
Vaughn has *already* been walking in Sproles' footsteps for years.

Looking at articles, Sproles may have been in communication with him for some time, maybe years, giving him advice.
Giggity.

Also, nice to hear that Vaughn has been diligently working on fielding punts.

I don't like marginal players who leave money on the table by not doing minimal cross-training in the offseason. Gs should *all* learn how to snap the ball. Olinemen should all work on the jugs machine and learn basic 3 yard TE routes so they can function as a short-yardage TE - so much bang for the buck by training just a little.

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/kansas-...e-vaughn-advice-on-how-to-make-it-in-the-nfl/

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And here's the story:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...oles-brain-edge-tony-pollard-rookie-how-small
  • "I got to meet Darren my sophomore year at Kansas State, and he's been someone that's been in my corner ever since," Vaughn said. "Any time I can be in the same sentence as a guy like Darren Sproles, a guy that played 15 years in this league, top five in all-purpose yards in this league at my size, that's something I take seriously every single day. I've been trying to pick his brain going into this rookie camp and going into OTAs about what I can do to give myself an edge."

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He certainly has all the physical tools.
Next, hes gotta be able to run to daylight. There's a lot less daylight in the pros than there was in college. However, I have faith .
We may have hit on RB and QB

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Here's an angle I have heard much about. Sproles and Vaughn are both from Kansas State.
Vaughn has *already* been walking in Sproles' footsteps for years.

Looking at articles, Sproles may have been in communication with him for some time, maybe years, giving him advice.
Giggity.

Also, nice to hear that Vaughn has been diligently working on fielding punts.

I don't like marginal players who leave money on the table by not doing minimal cross-training in the offseason. Gs should *all* learn how to snap the ball. Olinemen should all work on the jugs machine and learn basic 3 yard TE routes so they can function as a short-yardage TE - so much bang for the buck by training just a little.

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/kansas-...e-vaughn-advice-on-how-to-make-it-in-the-nfl/
I don't know his best comp, Ive even said Dave Meggett.
All I know is that wee man has some extreme skills, and he brings a solid discipline to his game.
When you practice what you do best and understand how to apply your skills and talent, is when you start defining who you are, and others begin making comparisons to you.
DV is going to surprise a few.

Xelda

Reaction score
All I know is that wee man has some extreme skills, and he brings a solid discipline to his game.
When you practice what you do best and understand how to apply your skills and talent, is when you start defining who you are, and others begin making comparisons to you.
Hopefully he surprises all the opposing teams defenses all game long.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
No one should look up to Meggett

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I bet that, "In my corner," ended the second he was drafted by the Cowboys.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Oh, he is going to be way taken care of by his team...he's the baby boy of the bunch.

But, piss him off and he is out the door sideways running to a goal.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Me every time Deuce gets tackled:

survive-funny.gif

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
For whatever reason, KM never focused on getting the RBs involved much in the passing game.

Both Pollard and DV are matchup nightmares for defenses in the passing game. I hope MM gets crazy with the short passing game as I think that is where we can really stress teams on the perimeter with speed in the flats.

T-RO

Reaction score
For whatever reason, KM never focused on getting the RBs involved much in the passing game.
Ignorant drivel. As a backup with limited snaps Pollard had the 12th most receiving yards of any running back the league in 2023. On a per-snap basis Pollard was top five.

Good gawd...the brain-dead nonsense never stops around here.

Oh, but some of you expected Moore to feature our former Ewok in the passing game?
:facepalm:

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Ignorant drivel. As a backup with limited snaps Pollard had the 12th most receiving yards of any running back the league in 2023. On a per-snap basis Pollard was top five.

Good gawd...the brain-dead nonsense never stops around here.

Oh, but some of you expected Moore to feature our former Ewok in the passing game?
:facepalm:
Total RB targets 2022:

LAC 178
TB 147
Cinci 133
NYJ 126
Hou 124
Ind 123
NEP 123
Den 122
Wash 121
GB 116
Det 115
Mia 113
Ari 112
Buf 112
KC 112
LV 112
SF 110
NYG 109
NO 107
Pitt 95
Cle 88
Min 88
Car 85
Dal 85

(stopped posting stats at Dallas but you can take a look yourself here for the rest of the numbers:
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rep.../rb.php?year=2022&start=1&end=18&show=average

Only 7 teams had fewer RB targets than Dallas. RB targets in Dallas made up 15.6% of the targets. So yah. KM did not feature the RBs much considering the targets to Dallas WRs and TEs was 330 and 130 respectively.