Vela on Reeves

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'm curious about the run defense on the weakside. When NYG ran left, they usually had great success. When they ran right, they usually struggled. Pretty surprising given that the left side if Canty's side and Spears is on the right side.

I think Reeves in Dallas depends on what he goes for. Overall he was serviceable this year. The problem is that Henry and Newman turn 30 and 31 yards old next season, so their likelihood of them getting injured is higher. If Reeves asks for a reasonable amount, I'd still keep him and then make sure to draft a CB. Not to mention that it's hardly a guarantee that a late first round cornerback will step right in and play very well.

YAKUZA

es22

Reaction score
major reason why we lost the game. We gave the Giants an extra 4 points when they would have settled for a FG

Randy White

Reaction score
Teague31;1900743 said:
How did the Giants go 71 yards in 40 seconds? Let’s see:

22 yard completion on Reeves;
11 yard completion on Reeves with a 15 yard facemask penalty tacked on;
19 yard pass to Kevin Boss on Reeves to convert a 3rd and 10;
That’s 67 yards in three plays. New York scored on a short pass to Amani Toomer right after the Boss completion.

Gee, you'd think the defensive coaching staff would have picked up on that before they scored, right ?

:mad:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1900757 said:
That Reeves guy is garbage.

He should be working at Wal-Mart after tonight.

He is absolutely the worst CB in the freaking league, watching him just let the receiver catch the ball over and over and over again makes me want to puke.

Hey Reeves, do you realize that your job is to knock the ball down, not tackle the guy after the catch, you freaking ******.:banghead:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
eduncan should be along any minute to tell us that none of it was actually reeves' fault. :rolleyes:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
You know you're in trouble when opposing coaches, qb's and WR's don't hesitate at all to say they are going to target a specific guy. Even worse, we were in no position to offer him help.

TheHerd

Reaction score
CallMeCrazy;1901104 said:
For years now, the secondary has been the liability on defense. I watch every game and I like our chances better at 3rd and short than 3rd and long.

Agreed, which is interesting when you consider 3 of our 4 starting DBs are in the Pro Bowl!

I'm starting to hope no Cowboys make it next year, all the Pro Bowl is becoming is a way to increase salaries.