Verizon iPhone to be announced next week

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
kmp77;3789518 said:
Am I the only one on the planet that hasn't had an issue with AT&T??

I get great phone service from them, and have even had positive customer service.

Temo

Reaction score
casmith07;3790900 said:
I'll stick with AT&T until it goes 4G. It's going to be s-l-o-w on Verizon's CDMA network.

We'll have to see, because my friends with Android phones on CDMA get faster data on their phones than friends with iPhones on ATT's network.

Of course, I live near NY (crowded metropolis that had to deal with ATT network irritations forever) and Verizon hasn't had to deal with iPhone-level traffic before, so we'll have to see how they deal with it. They've always claimed they're better equipped for the iPhone than ATT, but now they get to prove it.

Jenky

Reaction score
There's no way it'll be 4g. The iphone 4 doesn't have the hardware to support it lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Even though I've been eagerly anticipating the iphone coming to Verizon for almost 3 years I'm going to wait for the user reviews to start coming in to see if there's any issues before getting one. I may even wait until the 4G version is available.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Reading about Verizon's 4G plans, it's a bit silly. They're still going to be using their CDMA network for voice services and then their new 4G LTE network just for data. So, you actually need two different antennas. From what I've been reading, the iPhone, at this point, doesn't have the board space for both antennas.

So, I'm guessing the next iPhone will be designed with that in mind.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Got my "invitation" from Verizon to order the iPhone when it becomes available, or more to the point, you get signed up for the release to order the phone. Kinda neat that they're basing priority ordering on how long you've been a customer. My sister has had her family plan with them for around 4 years, and she hasn't gotten the invitation yet.

kapolani

Reaction score
I've had the ability to hotspot since the 3G.

Unlimited plan. No extra fees.

I jailbroke long ago and never looked back.