News: Vernon Adams, Quarterback, Oregon

CCBoy

Reaction score
Vernon Adams, Quarterback, Oregon
The true MVP of the Shrine Bowl, Adams made a ton of money, finishing the day six of nine for 191 yards and three touchdowns. Despite a limited sample size, Adams was extremely impressive, going through his reads, displaying excellent pocket awareness, and putting passes on the money. Because of his quality day, many people will look at Adams and start falling in love, but the reality is that the Cowboys have already had their eye on Adams:

@JeffRisdon you see any #Cowboys personnel there? — Ryan Ratty (@RyanRattyNFL) January 19, 2016

@RyanRattyNFL they were more visible yesterday but at least two scouts still around. One met with Vernon Adams

— Jeff Risdon (@JeffRisdon) January 19, 2016

If the Cowboys end up looking at the top quarterbacks prospects and not falling in love with them, the Cowboys will have to look later in the draft to address the position and because of their interest leading up to the game, there has to be a sense the Cowboys' brass may be more in favor of taking Adams in the later rounds. Here are a few thoughts on Adams:

.@MikeMayock on @WinTheDay's Vernon Adams: I've been doing @Shrine_Game for many years. This is by far the sharpest I've seen a QB look.

— CollegeFootball 24/7 (@NFL_CFB) January 23, 2016
Vernon Adams is undoubtedly a QB. I think his game is better suited for the CFL, but I'd definitely bring him in to take a look in NFL.

— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) January 23, 2016

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...s-draft-2016-5-shrine-bowl-prospects-that-fit