Very disappointed in schedule

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I am very fortunate. We go to about 3-4 a year now. I live in Ca, so the Rams game is a go. We do the home opener every year... and then we are looking at a 3rg game, but not sure where now. Maybe Jacksonville. Florida in Dec wont be too bad.
Jacksonville is a dump. Go somewhere else.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I remember getting screwed like this back when I was able to attend more games so I know how you feel.

If anything was near Xmas no one was going to want to go.

Mondays kinda blew up weekend trips as well because it meant two days off of work.

Anyway, I think it's at least an 80% of shot Dallas at Tennessee next year so you won't have to wait eight years for another shot at Nashville.
Why 80% they play again next year?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The absolute best thing about a professional, $12+ billion dollar industry, are some of its roofless sports venues. Spend hundreds (if not thousands) to watch a game with your family. Risk getting hypothermia with the kids. Just like taking in a football game at the local junior high school with heavy snow flurries! "REAL FOOTBALL WEATHER!!! YEEHAW!!!"

/mini-rant

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I watched the Cowboys beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh on opening day in 1997.
Turns out that was the highlight of that year. Switzer was gone the next year.

I was there, too. 37-7 felt like reason for optimism but it sure went downhill in a hurry. Cowboys finished 6-10 while the Steelers hosted the AFC title game.

I've lost track of exactly how many Cowboys games I've attended over the years (about 25) as some are more memorable than others. My first was a Monday Night game in Cleveland in 1979 (it didn't go well) - only time I saw Staubach play in person. My last one was in 2013. Flew to Dallas to see the Cowboys blow a 26-3 halftime lead and lose 37-36 to Matt Flynn's Packers. That was a loooooooong flight home.

Haven't ponied up the time and money to go back since that debacle and have no plans to do it this season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The absolute best thing about a professional, $12+ billion dollar industry, are some of its roofless sports venues. Spend hundreds (if not thousands) to watch a game with your family. Risk getting hypothermia with the kids. Just like taking in a football game at the local junior high school with heavy snow flurries! "REAL FOOTBALL WEATHER!!! YEEHAW!!!"

/mini-rant

I hate domes and artificial turf. I long for the days of open air stadiums and real grass everywhere.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN! :muttley:

ESisback

Reaction score
On a completely personal level, Im very disappointed in what came out yesterday. There was 1 game I was really looking forward to out of all of them, and it was the Titans game. We have been to Nashville a few times and really have a great time there. Never been to a game there and it was the 1 on the schedule that I was locked into.

Thursday night game.... ok, no biggie. Done that it seems every time we play the Saints.... BUT, DEC 29????? really?

Gonna be freezing (my wife and the cold dont get along well at all) but New Years in Nashville? Anyone know what that is like? IM thinking not good.

Now, the game we've been waiting for is totally up in the air if we will even go. Screw you schedule makers. Always pimping the Cowboys for ratings.
Isn’t Tennessee in the 40’s that time of year? What’s the big deal? Pack a sweater.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Why 80% they play again next year?
Next year our 17th game will be against the AFC South on the road.

If we both finish first (or second, third or fourth for that matter), which they are each currently favored to do, it'll be that matchup.

Whereas in the past any interconference road game would be only once every eight years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate domes and artificial turf. I long for the days of open air stadiums and real grass everywhere.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN! :muttley:
:laugh:

The funny thing is that I do not make the same argument for stadiums at the college level down because universal domes would not be practical. That is not the case at the pro level, where building domes is a choice made by billionaires, who usually hand off the construction bill to the surrounding community.

starman22

Reaction score
I was there, too. 37-7 felt like reason for optimism but it sure went downhill in a hurry. Cowboys finished 6-10 while the Steelers hosted the AFC title game.

I've lost track of exactly how many Cowboys games I've attended over the years (about 25) as some are more memorable than others. My first was a Monday Night game in Cleveland in 1979 (it didn't go well) - only time I saw Staubach play in person. My last one was in 2013. Flew to Dallas to see the Cowboys blow a 26-3 halftime lead and lose 37-36 to Matt Flynn's Packers. That was a loooooooong flight home.

Haven't ponied up the time and money to go back since that debacle and have no plans to do it this season.

We went with a group of about 5-6 of us.
It was a great time, the Steeler fans were so down on them during the game. I loved it!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I am very fortunate. We go to about 3-4 a year now. I live in Ca, so the Rams game is a go. We do the home opener every year... and then we are looking at a 3rg game, but not sure where now. Maybe Jacksonville. Florida in Dec wont be too bad.
From Jax, It's a nice city and weather in Dec not bad.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Same here JVB, I watched the Cowboys beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh on opening day in 1997.
Turns out that was the highlight of that year. Switzer was gone the next year.

I started watching the boys in 74-75
Me too !
My first game was the Hail Mary in the 75 playoffs, I was hooked!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Tennessee at the end of December is a crap shoot, I believe. Could be 50°, could be minus 3°, with an ice storm.

fivetwos

Reaction score
@Zekeats

@Reid1boys

I'm wrong on that. My bad. Looks like 2023 extra game will be from the AFC West, not the South.

South is 2024, but a home game.

Next Dallas at Tennessee possibility is 2028, and definite for 2030.

Sorry for bad info. I figured they would rotate it alphabetically, but nope.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

/mini-rant

yep....... absolutely foolish