Very frustrating off-season

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I can’t wait for football. Yes even preseason football. I’m not sure if people realize how important it is to these rookies, the Evaluation. I usually try to look for the positive. But again it’s been a difficult off season. I’m sure for many fans.

How exactly has this off-season been difficult? No arrests, no suspensions, no injuries knock on wood. Awesome draft on paper. OTAs looked good.

I am more worried about the veterans than the rookies. Can Dak lead the team to big game wins? Can Elliott break 1000 yards? Can Tyron and Collins even play? Can Jaylon play solid, tough LB football and make a tackle at the LOS? Can Lawrence beat single blocking? Can Dak and Elliott quit turning the ball over? Can Dak and the offense come out strong to start games? Or, are we back to snatching victory from the jaws of defeat in the 4th quarter against some opponent who shouldn't even be in the game let alone winning?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
:mad: the offseason is just too damn long
Not sure why every post you make, even positive ones, seem to contain a dig at other fans but I can only conclude it's something you need to do for yourself.

For the record, you haven't demonstrated a damn thing to suggest you're more "knowledgeable" than anyone else here. :rolleyes:
Damn Jake! Why don't you just go ahead and drop that microphone why don't you :bow: :laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not sure why every post you make, even positive ones, seem to contain a dig at other fans but I can only conclude it's something you need to do for yourself.

For the record, you haven't demonstrated a damn thing to suggest you're more "knowledgeable" than anyone else here. :rolleyes:
It’s because the majority of CZ members are just Madden fans. There are some great posters here but sadly they’re in the minority.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I can’t wait for football. Yes even preseason football. I’m not sure if people realize how important it is to these rookies, the Evaluation. I usually try to look for the positive. But again it’s been a difficult off season. I’m sure for many fans . They would be nothing better than to come out of the gate and beat Tampa Bay. At least when it comes down to the fourth quarter. And we have an opportunity to win. Get ready my cowboy brothers , And sisters. it’s Almost time. Go cowboys
Meh seems to describe most off seasons lately

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Actually the off-season has been decent for the Cowboys. Covid sucks and the wokeness of the NFL is a drag but the Cowboys have had a good off season. Got Dak done. Decent draft. I think Urban and Neal make a difference on D. New DC which is a huge plus. Smith supposedly is healthy again. Gregory behaved. Zeke stayed out of trouble. The off season has been good in Dallas.
All great points!

Hardline

Reaction score

He has a Napoleon complex but with football instead.
Or quite possibly Dunning-Kruger

plasticman

Reaction score
Not so fast, we aren't out of the woods yet.

The Red Sox and Yankees had to cancel their game.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Zeke is fit? That is the understatement of the year. Saw a pic of him on Instagram today and he is freakin' shredded. That dude is motivated.
Are you talking about his "standing crunch" pic,, I did the same thing in the mirror the other day and and actually got one of six pack to at least be visible.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hoping for a good season.

the coordinators are strong coaches this year.

We have a ton of younger players.

Zeke is fit,

the OL is a big question tough.

I think the Oline is the best its been for a few years now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I can’t wait for football. Yes even preseason football. I’m not sure if people realize how important it is to these rookies, the Evaluation. I usually try to look for the positive. But again it’s been a difficult off season. I’m sure for many fans . They would be nothing better than to come out of the gate and beat Tampa Bay. At least when it comes down to the fourth quarter. And we have an opportunity to win. Get ready my cowboy brothers , And sisters. it’s Almost time. Go cowboys

Really not looking forward to another injury plagued year like last year. TC is where injuries start mounting up and happening. Personally I will be happy when TC is over and were injury free. Preseason I enjoy with all the young kids. Sadly though we dont have quality backup QB's so it will be tough to watch the offense.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey Whirl, definitely ready for football!
Your post did not reflect your title.
Tell us what was so frustrating about the offseason?
  • Bad draft?
  • Injuries?
  • Bad coaching hires?
  • Lack of star FA additions?

Fill us in
:popcorn:
For me, it was just not knowing where the season was headed. I canceled DIRECT TV, how am I going to watch football games. I guess more personal then franchise. But thanks for asking. I’m sure it was frustrating for a lot of people and a lot of different ways

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For me, it was just not knowing where the season was headed. I canceled DIRECT TV, how am I going to watch football games. I guess more personal then franchise. But thanks for asking. I’m sure it was frustrating for a lot of people and a lot of different ways

Never thought I would cancel Directv but I did. Probably 2/3 of Cowboys games will be on national TV.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was actually thinking today.....

Is it just me or does it seem like the time we spend not playing games or in camp outnumbers the time otherwise by at least 5 to 1?

It's not anywhere near that way, but the season just flies by and the offseason is forever.

Some more lengthy Januarys may help, but still....
Well, the time spent playing games in a year is less than 80 hours total, so yeah, the time not playing them is vastly greater.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Never thought I would cancel Directv but I did. Probably 2/3 of Cowboys games will be on national TV.
I’m thinking NFL live. $100 for the season. Watch every game 10 minutes after it’s over and it’s entirety

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I agree with the less knowledgeable. But I thought for a moment what he was trying to say. And I think it was they don’t realize how important preseason is to some of these players. When in actuality they just don’t watch it because it’s not important to them. I give up on what people try to think LOL he does give digs constantly.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How exactly has this off-season been difficult? No arrests, no suspensions, no injuries knock on wood. Awesome draft on paper. OTAs looked good.

I am more worried about the veterans than the rookies. Can Dak lead the team to big game wins? Can Elliott break 1000 yards? Can Tyron and Collins even play? Can Jaylon play solid, tough LB football and make a tackle at the LOS? Can Lawrence beat single blocking? Can Dak and Elliott quit turning the ball over? Can Dak and the offense come out strong to start games? Or, are we back to snatching victory from the jaws of defeat in the 4th quarter against some opponent who shouldn't even be in the game let alone winning?
Just frustrating to me. Not necessarily having anything to do with the franchise. I guess I just use the wrong terminology

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score

...... offseason is forever.....

Me during the offseason:

giphy.gif

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
A “boring” off-season is a VERY good thing, especially for this team. No arrests, no drug issues, no big injuries, etc. And, by all reports, the actual football part has gone well. I’d say it’s been very positive.