Very Sad - An Empty Texas Stadium

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
This place should be getting ready to host a playoff game this weekend. Instead it's empty and closing up for the winter. This photo was taken at 3:24 PM CST this afternoon:

2007-01-11.JPG

Turn out the lights.....the party's over....:cry2:

silver

Reaction score
you can almost visualize miles austin returning the starting KO all the way.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
silver;1308216 said:
you can almost visualize miles austin returning the starting KO all the way.

Eh, I was visualizing the 4th quarter defensive collapse.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1308214 said:
I have two words for you Jeff

You suck

;)

It sucks. I just sat there reflecting on the season, wondering what could have been.....Remembering exactly where the "9 tony romo" sign was placed in the ring of honor, where Williams intercepted Peyton Manning on the goal line stand, etc. I started getting depressed, so I had to leave. It's just a very sad place to be right now.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
My 1 visit there was last year for the Turkey Day game against the Broncos, sorry not trying to bring up more bad memories.

But the biggest kick in the face was the very next day went I went there expecting to tour it and the High School state playoff games were taking place.

I didnt even get to be a tourist... just a sad fan attending a lost on Thanksgiving.

Hopefully I can get back there before it becomes a parking lot.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
smarta5150;1308224 said:
My 1 visit there was last year for the Turkey Day game against the Broncos, sorry not trying to bring up more bad memories.

But the biggest kick in the face was the very next day went I went there expecting to tour it and the High School state playoff games were taking place.

I didnt even get to be a tourist... just a sad fan attending a lost on Thanksgiving.

Hopefully I can get back there before it becomes a parking lot.

I went to see the South Lake Carroll game there the next day. Nate Newton's son and Mike Renfro's son played on that team. Hopefully you stayed to see the HS version of a pro team.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1308227 said:
I went to see the South Lake Carroll game there the next day. Nate Newton's son and Mike Renfro's son played on that team. Hopefully you stayed to see the HS version of a pro team.

Nah... my friends and I were to bummed so we ended up getting drunk around noon that day.

:bang2:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1308211 said:
This place should be getting ready to host a playoff game this weekend. Instead it's empty and closing up for the winter. This photo was taken at 3:24 PM CST this afternoon:

2007-01-11.JPG

Jeff where the heck is Frisco????

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1308211 said:

2007-01-11.JPG

I see Cheerleaders...:p:

"Turn out the lights...the party's starting..."

:busty:

rathalarge

Reaction score
My gosh..That Grinch even stole the last can of "Who hash"!!!
and the Red Kettle's too!

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Funny, I was sitting in the stadium towards the end of the Detroit game, wondering what it would be looking like soon with a home playoff game having vanished with the wind.

Thanks (I guess...) for the visual.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
You know, I am very excited about the new stadium, but I will dearly miss the Mecca that is Texas Stadium...

Some of the greatest teams and players to ever play the game have been a part of football history in that building...

It will also close the era of Landry, Schramm and Murchison... the architects of our passion...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Jeff I feel your pain.. Walking out of the stadium on xmas day and new years eve, I had a pain in my stomach I still cant get rid of.

I thought this was finally the year, division title, home playoff game in the division round.

I miss it so much already. It really is sad.

The smell of stale beer, pretzels, dogs, nachos, the same pregame music......Babe laufenbergs emergency exit warning......etc..

It really is horrible that we are not playing this weekend.
We shouldnt have even played a playoff game yet, let alone lose one.

This is going to be a tough weekend to watch football.

I thought I was going to be sitting right above that rayfield wright plaque like always yelling and screaming......

Now I have to watch the eagles.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
I can visualize romo breaking his own record and giving the game away onthe last play by showing moxie and "triple fumbling" on a kneel down.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey, I have an idea...

While we're at it, let's talk about presents we never got for Christmas when we were kids that just broke our hearts.

And maybe relationships we've had later in life that didn't work out.

Yeah.

:(