Veteran DT Deloach among 10 Texans cut

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
:star:

Veteran DT Deloach among 10 Texans cut
Former starters Washington, Ioane, Norris also let go

By JOHN MCCLAIN
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle
Any time a team brings in a new coaching staff, changes are going to be made on the roster, and the Texans proved it Wednesday when they placed 10 veterans on waivers.
Four players who were starters at one time — defensive tackle Jerry Deloach, fullback Moran Norris, center Todd Washington and defensive tackle Junior Ioane — were among those released.

"We didn't have to do it now, but I've said ever since I got this job that if I don't believe we can give a player a legitimate chance to make the team, I'm not going to wait around," coach Gary Kubiak said. "I want the player to have a chance to catch on with another team as soon as possible."
Deloach, an original Texan, is the answer to a trivia question: What player did the team acquire in its first trade? General manager Charley Casserly dealt quarterback Danny Wuerffel to Washington for Deloach in March of 2002.
Other players waived were linebackers Zeke Moreno, Frank Chamberlin and Quinn Dorsey, running back Jason Anderson, kicker Howard Epstein and guard Tupe Peko.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
I'll bet you some $$ that they will interview him and he will express interest in playing for BP, or maybe his cousin's brother's sister from New Jersey knew him, thus he has been a pal of BP's since he was a little kid, snap him up!!