Vick Has MRI

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
[font=arial,helvetica,geneva,sans-serif][size=+1]PRO FOOTBALL[/size][/font]
[font=geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=-2]Steve Wyche - Staff[/size][/font]
[font=geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=-2]Wednesday, June 29, 2005[/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,geneva,sans-serif][size=-1]Vick's MRI shows no harm [/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,geneva,sans-serif][size=-1] Falcons quarterback Michael Vick had an MRI on his throwing shoulder on Wednesday so the team's new medical staff could get an update on the recovery of an injury suffered in a game last season against Carolina, coach Jim Mora said. [/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,geneva,sans-serif][size=-1] No damage was found, and Vick, less than a month from the start of training camp, was pronounced to be in good health. Vick is featured in a cover story in Sports Illustrated this week, and in the article it is reported the MRI exam was administered because of soreness in his shoulder but that the results showed no problems. [/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,geneva,sans-serif][size=-1] Mora said Vick had not expressed to him any discomfort during minicamp or recently completed offseason workouts, known as organized team activities. Vick threw the ball at full strength at the workouts. Vick told reporters his health is fine at his youth football camp last week. [/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,geneva,sans-serif][size=-1] --- Steve Wyche [/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,geneva,sans-serif][size=-1]Briefly . . . [/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,geneva,sans-serif][size=-1] The New England Patriots signed free agent kick returner Chad Morton. He injured his right knee last year and appeared in only six games for the Washington Commanders. Morton has three career touchdowns on kick returns, including two in the same game in 2002. . . . A Honolulu businessman, charged with defrauding the NFL of more than $500,000, has been placed on five years probation. Sports and business promoter Manuel Sanchez also was fined $25,000 and ordered to perform 250 hours of community service. [/size][/font]

jay cee

Reaction score
Hostile said:
A Honolulu businessman, charged with defrauding the NFL of more than $500,000, has been placed on five years probation. Sports and business promoter Manuel Sanchez also was fined $25,000 and ordered to perform 250 hours of community service. [/color][/size][/font]
you defraud a business of $500,000, and receive a fine of $25,000 and no jail time? Am I missing something? It looks like crime did pay in this instance.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Vick needed a reason to get his valtrex script renewed :D
:lmao:

Is anyone else as tired of this overrated player as I am? And he makes the front cover of SI this week?!?!?! I mean, really, who are they trying to kid--themselves or him?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Kittymama said:

Is anyone else as tired of this overrated player as I am? And he makes the front cover of SI this week?!?!?! I mean, really, who are they trying to kid--themselves or him?

I AM!!!

A QB who runs for as many yards as he passess...I can't wait until he flops

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
ANd what happends when he doesnt and comes out and performs at a high level

which means he throws for over 3000 yards 30+TD's and less than 15 INT

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Kittymama said:

Its actually a "Wanted" poster incognito with an 800 number in the back for the other ladies with whom he spent time with.

ravidubey

Reaction score
jay cee said:
you defraud a business of $500,000, and receive a fine of $25,000 and no jail time? Am I missing something? It looks like crime did pay in this instance.

You also have to return the $500000.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Kittymama said:

yep...Ron Mexico's the most overhyped player in the history of sports, hands down...basically he is worthless as a passer...there'll be at least 10 or 12 new excuses this yr for his 10/24, 110yd passing games

David

ravidubey

Reaction score
Kittymama said:

He is nowhere near as good as all the hype, but then again the Falcons have made the playoffs twice with major contributions from him. It could be in spite of him, but I think their utter disregard for the WR position has been a bigger factor in the Falcons not going further.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
He is nowhere near as good as all the hype, but then again the Falcons have made the playoffs twice with major contributions from him. It could be in spite of him, but I think their utter disregard for the WR position has been a bigger factor in the Falcons not going further.

I think Vick inability to stay in the pocket does not give the WR many oppertunities. They come out of their break looking for the ball and Vick is on the run. Guy is a great athlete and does make the falcons a better team but his WR are not that bad but if your not allowing them to run the patterns because you looking to run then that is the fault of the QB not the WR

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I think Vick inability to stay in the pocket does not give the WR many oppertunities. They come out of their break looking for the ball and Vick is on the run. Guy is a great athlete and does make the falcons a better team but his WR are not that bad but if your not allowing them to run the patterns because you looking to run then that is the fault of the QB not the WR

WEll when you ahve defenders in your face running at you, it makes it kind of hard ot stay in the pocket, not everybody is like Drew Bledsoe:eek:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
WEll when you ahve defenders in your face running at you, it makes it kind of hard ot stay in the pocket, not everybody is like Drew Bledsoe:eek:

Peerless Price had 94 catches and 1252 yards rec. with Bledsoe throwing him the ball, Price has talent but needs a QB who can actually throw the ball. Vick takes off at the drop of the hat, he knows it and his coaches know it and they continue to work on it. One day Vick may actually be able to stand in their and make the throws but right now he takes off way too quick never allowing his WR to come out of their routs

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Peerless Price had 94 catches and 1252 yards rec. with Bledsoe throwing him the ball, Price has talent but needs a QB who can actually throw the ball. Vick takes off at the drop of the hat, he knows it and his coaches know it and they continue to work on it. One day Vick may actually be able to stand in their and make the throws but right now he takes off way too quick never allowing his WR to come out of their routs

Price also had a number 1 WR next to him, who was as big of threat.

And two Price always quits on his routes Vick looks at him first if he's not open then price quits the route, how many times do you see him or any Falcon WR (besides Jenkins he's gonna be good this year) actually try to get open when vick gets flushed.

Every time vick starts to move out of the pocket he isnt running, (i watched his games) he looks for somebody to throw.. thats why he was sacked so much he would run around in the backfiled looking for people to throw to and when he finally decided to run, there was no where for him to go.

Dont blame Vick's passing game for their inablty to produce numbers, i've seen him play, this guy can throw and has decent accuracy he just needs WR thats gonna fight for the ball, and he only had Crumpler and Up and coming jenkins for that, and Jenkins wasnt on the field as much

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Price also had a number 1 WR next to him, who was as big of threat. And two Price always quits on his routes Vick looks at him first if he's not open then price quits the route, how many times do you see him or any Falcon WR (besides Jenkins he's gonna be good this year) actually try to get open when vick gets flushed. Every time vick starts to move out of the pocket he isnt running, (i watched his games) he looks for somebody to throw.. thats why he was sacked so much he would run around in the backfiled looking for people to throw to and when he finally decided to run, there was no where for him to go. Dont blame Vick's passing game for their inablty to produce numbers, i've seen him play, this guy can throw and has amazing accuracy he just needs WR thats gonna fight for the ball, and he only had Crumpler and Up and coming jenkins for that, and Jenkins wasnt on the field as much

We just disagree then. Even the coach in Atlanta last year talked about Vick taking off to quickly and not allowing the play to develop. Vick one day may learn to do this but he doesn't right now. I do think the guy is a great athlete and he does make the Falcons a better team but until he can show some presence in the pocket it will not matter who they bring in at WR.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
We just disagree then. Even the coach in Atlanta last year talked about Vick taking off to quickly and not allowing the play to develop. Vick one day may learn to do this but he doesn't right now. I do think the guy is a great athlete and he does make the Falcons a better team but until he can show some presence in the pocket it will not matter who they bring in at WR.

I think you both are right. Price is a true #2 and Vick takes off running too early. Steve Young had this problem once he won the starting job in SF even seven years after college. Big differences between Vick and Young seem to be health (does Vick seem smallish and brittle to anyone else?) and accuracy. Vick has a cannon, but given his size I think it's harder for him to find a lane to pass from.

Young eventually learned to pass first so maybe Vicka can too, but IMO Price will always be a #2 guy.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
I think you both are right. Price is a true #2 and Vick takes off running too early. Steve Young had this problem once he won the starting job in SF even seven years after college. Big differences between Vick and Young seem to be health (does Vick seem smallish and brittle to anyone else?) and accuracy. Vick has a cannon, but given his size I think it's harder for him to find a lane to pass from.

Young eventually learned to pass first so maybe Vicka can too, but IMO Price will always be a #2 guy.

the WCO that Vick is in now also helped

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:

When is this miracle supposed to happen? I really want to know.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:

Personally, I'd love to see it. I kind of doubt he can put up those numbers though.

Viva Ron Mexico.