Recommended Video: A few football highlights from the joint practices with the Rams

wconn1979

Reaction score
This Video has me feeling better about our D-Line. If we can get our Starting line back healthy we will be in good shape.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Beastly looks like Prime Welker out there. He might supplant Witt as #2 option by mid-season if he keeps this up.

I think he had supplanted Witten as #2 option before last season ended. Add to that the progress Williams has been showing and this WR core is really something special. I put it right up there with the oline.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I think he had supplanted Witten as #2 option before last season ended. Add to that the progress Williams has been showing and this WR core is really something special. I put it right up there with the oline.

I thought the FO might have overpaid Beasley but it may turn out the other way.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I don't see how they let either Coleman or Bishop go, judging by their work so far in camp. Bishop was getting priority in terms of snaps v. SD, but for my money, Coleman's been making more impact plays. He's really got a chance to be a good player if he keeps it up.

I'd love it if they both made it. I was so happy to see us get Bishop in the 7th last year. The man's truly built like a tank. 6'1", 310 lbs. And he's quicker than Hayden. I'd love to see him beat out Hayden. Not sure if I see that happening though. And Coleman has pass rush ability. He could play both DT positions. But it looks like they favor Hayden as the 1-tech and J. Crawford as the backup 3-tech.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Just to be fair, they didn't show the times the defense got gashed on some running plays. Both days with the Rams. It's an area of concern.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Nice... Thanks for the video.
Way back when you were not allowed to video practice. But now everyone does.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
given The fact that both Dez and Beasley will require more attention from the D, I could see us passing more this year with even more success. I expect Williams and Witten/Escobar to get a lot of opportunities as the season progresses. I also expect our passing game to set up our running attack this year giving Randall and McFadden a lot of space to work with, i.e. teams won't be crowding the box. I haven't been this excited about season in a long, long time.

I could see passing game become more explosive but Cowboys need to still be run centric to keep Romo healthy during regular season and keeping opposing offenses off the field. OL is still better run blocking than pass protecting. Defense is so much better on the edges but middle is still a concern, from 1 tech to Mike to the FS. Running corps is still a work in progress, do not think this is the final product. Another RB or two are likely adds.

Romo's successor is not on this team, so if Romo misses any time, this team will suffer. Cowboys should pick a Terrell Pryor type QB and go read option. Neither Weeden or Vaughn can run this offense like Romo and it makes more sense to play to our offensive strength, run blocking, should Romo miss a game or three.