Video: Barron and Hamlin on DFW Sportsbeat

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]-EMasOLbNIM[/youtube]

Barron isn't just going to lay down and let Free have the job.

Competition. Love it.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3424698 said:
[youtube]-EMasOLbNIM[/youtube]

Barron isn't just going to lay down and let Free have the job.

Competition. Love it.

hey dc did gurode and davis look way overweight to you?

artofvela

Reaction score
Speaking of overweight...did I see that right; Atogwe is 5'11" and 250 pounds? Remember when Roy Williams was a biscuit short of playing linebacker at about 230 ish?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
artofvela;3424807 said:
Speaking of overweight...did I see that right; Atogwe is 5'11" and 250 pounds? Remember when Roy Williams was a biscuit short of playing linebacker at about 230 ish?

It was those crazy eyes of his.

They added like 50lbs to his frame.

:lmao:

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
First of all, don't blame Newman for Sensabaugh not looking for the football. That is an interception if he just turns his head around. The SS had him covered like a blanket but never even looked for the ball. It was one play, but it was a real bad one.

Second of all, it wasn't Jared Allen who had his way after Adams left the game. It was the almighty Ray Edwards who destroyed Marc Colombo.

Again, Colombo is going to have to show me that he can still move and block guys like Julius Peppers before I declare him "healthy". He may "look healthy" now, but they are not even in pads. Let's see how he holds up when DEs start leaning on him with their weight and really come after him.

Anthony Spencer, in training camp, should be a big test, too.

It will not take long to find out.

Peppers and Mario Williams will be on the docket early. If Colombo is the player he was before the injury, he should be able to hold his own with these players.

I would like to see Alex Barron play LT and Doug Free play RT.

We will see.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
41gy#;3424978 said:
First of all, don't blame Newman for Sensabaugh not looking for the football. That is an interception if he just turns his head around. The SS had him covered like a blanket but never even looked for the ball. It was one play, but it was a real bad one.

Second of all, it wasn't Jared Allen who had his way after Adams left the game. It was the almighty Ray Edwards who destroyed Marc Colombo.

Again, Colombo is going to have to show me that he can still move and block guys like Julius Peppers before I declare him "healthy". He may "look healthy" now, but they are not even in pads. Let's see how he holds up when DEs start leaning on him with their weight and really come after him.

Anthony Spencer, in training camp, should be a big test, too.

It will not take long to find out.

Peppers and Mario Williams will be on the docket early. If Colombo is the player he was before the injury, he should be able to hold his own with these players.

I would like to see Alex Barron play LT and Doug Free play RT.

We will see.

hey buddy, some of that i agree with what you said and some not

if newman had just chucked vikings wr just a light jam, pass wouldnt have been there, newman did the same thing in a san diego game, go back and look at the film, also go back and look at campo and wade on the sideline in that play, wade looked livid to me on what newman did just standing there and letting the wr go by him in viking game

i do agree with you totally about columbo, if the cowboys had stuck to their new saying now, the best players will play regardless, they should have pulled columbo in 1st mid quarter and maybe with doug free playing, flozell wouldnt have pulled his hamstring or whatever and would have been a different game, we will see this year if the cowboys keep their promise, no matter what, best players will play on the field, we will see right?

id rather have doug free play LT, can u imagine him on sweeps and pulls, like when he nailed randall gay on a pull or when he was downfield 40 yards in the eagles game on a key block,

i think barron could hold up at ROT if need be, but columbo will be fine

ones i worry about is Gurode and Leonard Bigg Davis in video from dfwsportsbeat, gurode and davis looked way overweight in OTAs did you see that too? DC put the video up if you want to take a look, look at their belly, looks way bigger to me than last year,and its OTAs right now

dasander

Reaction score
I didn't like what he said about Doug Free not being good in practice. Seems everything we've heard from Hudson Houck and Tony Romo is that Doug Free is a hard worker... at least in the weight room.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dasander;3425217 said:
I didn't like what he said about Doug Free not being good in practice. Seems everything we've heard from Hudson Houck and Tony Romo is that Doug Free is a hard worker... at least in the weight room.

from what ive read and heard, doug free is a real hard worker in weight room, but maybe he is like a player like franco harris, who hardly did anything on practice days, just wasnt into it, but put him on the football field and he turned into a beast

maybe doug free is kinda like that,

i think he will, because as you probably know his nickname at college was the Freak, because he was so fast he sometimes outran wr on passing routes when he went downfield to block

i think he will turn it up a notch anyway, because its his turn to shine now, and he showed us he can and did with time he played for columbo, and next year he is a unrestricted free agent, so he will be playing for money this year too and he kinda knows his contract is coming up too; i would think

speedkilz88

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3425140 said:
hey buddy, some of that i agree with what you said and some not

if newman had just chucked vikings wr just a light jam, pass wouldnt have been there, newman did the same thing in a san diego game, go back and look at the film, also go back and look at campo and wade on the sideline in that play, wade looked livid to me on what newman did just standing there and letting the wr go by him in viking game

i do agree with you totally about columbo, if the cowboys had stuck to their new saying now, the best players will play regardless, they should have pulled columbo in 1st mid quarter and maybe with doug free playing, flozell wouldnt have pulled his hamstring or whatever and would have been a different game, we will see this year if the cowboys keep their promise, no matter what, best players will play on the field, we will see right?

id rather have doug free play LT, can u imagine him on sweeps and pulls, like when he nailed randall gay on a pull or when he was downfield 40 yards in the eagles game on a key block,

i think barron could hold up at ROT if need be, but columbo will be fine

ones i worry about is Gurode and Leonard Bigg Davis in video from dfwsportsbeat, gurode and davis looked way overweight in OTAs did you see that too? DC put the video up if you want to take a look, look at their belly, looks way bigger to me than last year,and its OTAs right now
Newman was not suppose to chuck the guy. He played it exactly like he was suppose to and Mike Jenkins played it exactly the same way on the other side of the field.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
speedkilz88;3425284 said:
Newman was not suppose to chuck the guy. He played it exactly like he was suppose to and Mike Jenkins played it exactly the same way on the other side of the field.

well shut my mouth, im wrong then, didnt know, i thought newman was suppose to jam the guy the way wade reacted and hollered at campo and campo just shook his head and said something,

i thought they did that on that play, but i could be wrong on that too, dont remember now;

speedkilz88

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3425294 said:
well shut my mouth, im wrong then, didnt know, i thought newman was suppose to jam the guy the way wade reacted and hollered at campo and campo just shook his head and said something,

i thought they did that on that play, but i could be wrong on that too, dont remember now;
Wade couldn't understand how Sensabaugh missed the ball. Campo told him he didn't see it.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
speedkilz88;3425298 said:
Wade couldn't understand how Sensabaugh missed the ball. Campo told him he didn't see it.

well shut my mouth, thanks for the info speed, i was just guessing at what i saw

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Well, Troy was saying that, too... But IMO Troy often jumps on things he's just guessing about. Troy had no idea what the defensive coverage call was on that play.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3425359 said:
Well, Troy was saying that, too... But IMO Troy often jumps on things he's just guessing about. Troy had no idea what the defensive coverage call was on that play.

The thing is that this wasn't the first time Newman was accused of shirking his responsibility of getting his bump on the WR at the LOS.

San Diego.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3425383 said:
The thing is that this wasn't the first time Newman was accused of shirking his responsibility of getting his bump on the WR at the LOS.

San Diego.

I cannot stand Newman.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3424763 said:
hey dc did gurode and davis look way overweight to you?

They looked very fat to me, especially Gurode, who walks with a limp.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Jon88;3425387 said:
They looked very fat to me, especially Gurode, who walks with a limp.

yeah thats what i was thinking too, sure dont like that if they are overweight and wade isnt doing anything about it,

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3425391 said:
yeah thats what i was thinking too, sure dont like that if they are overweight and wade isnt doing anything about it,

Yep. I thought the same.

They'll work it off though.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Jon88;3425394 said:
Yep. I thought the same.

They'll work it off though.

i agree with u buddy, hudson will get them down to their needed weight

or wade will get on them big time;