Video: Cowboys/Broncos dissed in Power Rankings (Skippy)

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]3kdqnTU3cG8[/youtube]
--------------------------

The combined record of the teams that the Cowboys and Broncos have beat is 3-12. So I can maybe see where the diss comes from, but a win is a win in this league and these two teams should at least be ranked within the top 12 teams in the NFL.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Day 1: "The mediots are haters. Don't pay them any heed."
Day 2: "OMG! Did you see where they ranked us??!!"

And so on.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Skippy is preaching.

I love that we arn't getting respect though. 17 is a slap in the face IMO.

The Panch

Reaction score
Watching Skip defend us so passionately us makes me feel all dirty. :eek::

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
At some times we have looked like the 17th best team in the league.

I am not going to get too crazy over it right now.

It's very early and it's all guesses based on very limited information.

If Dallas plays solid football over the next month they'll reach the top 10 of the rankings and that still will mean absolutely zero if we don't win a playoff game.

The only power ranking I care about is the final one.

Its really a silly concept in the NFL.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
I hate this, if we're ranked 17th right now, there's no way we can hope to get a BCS bid.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
masomenos85;2983510 said:
I hate this, if we're ranked 17th right now, there's no way we can hope to get a BCS bid.

Tell me about it, national title hopes down the drain. But at least we got our loss out of the way early...

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
kidcrook;2983520 said:
Tell me about it, national title hopes down the drain. But at least we got our loss out of the way early...

If Romo had given the Tebow speech after the loss to the Giants, then I'd have some hope.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Why are these talking heads on the different networks saying "Dallas will be a good test for the Broncos" when they have already made it clear the Cowboys are awful? If Oakland & Cleveland couldn't win how is Dallas supposed to be a challenge with no receivers, leaders and Ware not recording sacks yet? Tony can't even win the big game! :cry:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
We're three games into the season. You can't really gauge a strength of schedule after 3 games. Naturally every team you beat is going to be at best 2-1 at this point. The Giants have beat the Skins and Bucs and then us, and we all know we haven't "beat anyone." The Ravens have beat the Chargers, Chiefs and Browns. The Vikings have beat the Browns, Niners and Lions. etc.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
peplaw06;2983546 said:
We're three games into the season. You can't really gauge a strength of schedule after 3 games. Naturally every team you beat is going to be at best 2-1 at this point. The Giants have beat the Skins and Bucs and then us, and we all know we haven't "beat anyone." The Ravens have beat the Chargers, Chiefs and Browns. The Vikings have beat the Browns, Niners and Lions. etc.

That's a really good point and I think it's something that a lot of people overlook.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2983433 said:
Skippy is preaching.

I love that we arn't getting respect though. 17 is a slap in the face IMO.

Slap in the face? It's a meaningless power ranking. This isn't the NCAA guys, we are not going to miss the Superbowl because we didn't beat teams high enough on the ESPN Power Rankings.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Why does the back of Skip's head slope down at a 45-degree angle?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2983417 said:
[youtube]3kdqnTU3cG8[/youtube]
--------------------------

The combined record of the teams that the Cowboys and Broncos have beat is 3-12. So I can maybe see where the diss comes from, but a win is a win in this league and these two teams should at least be ranked within the top 12 teams in the NFL.

Without watching I can guarantee that Pittsburgh is ranked significantly higher than we are. And the record of the one team the Mighty Stealers have beaten is 0-3 and they barely beat them at that.

R8erFan4Ever

Reaction score
THUMPER;2983555 said:
Without watching I can guarantee that Pittsburgh is ranked significantly higher than we are. And the record of the one team the Mighty Stealers have beaten is 0-3 and they barely beat them at that.

They are the defending champs and not the 13 year defending chokes...

Who really cares where they rank you guys anyway? This isn't the NCAA. Does it really matter if they have you ranked in the top 10 or not if at the end of the season Cowboys are a playoff team? How much did it help when Cowboys were ranked higher in power rankings? Just please beat the broncos this weekend..thanks

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Michael Smith is the best guy espn has.

Skip knows their's now some hope because he knew their was no hope for the Cowboys winning anything with T-Old on the team.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
THUMPER;2983555 said:

Actually no.

They are 16, we ar 17.