Video: Dec/16/79 Wash @ Dallas

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Best game I've ever attended.

Enjoy.

Link here

Wow! I got misty eyed watching that. I could actually remember the excitedment and nail biting from back then..

Thanks for the little walk down memory lane...

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Thanks for the trip down memory lane Poke. I forgot about Charlie Waters being in the booth for that game. Great stuff.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I grew up watching Troy, but sometimes I wish I could've watched Roger play live. My dad tells me some great stories which helps me visualize what a great player and person he was.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
My favorite game of all time. i was 10 years old and after Riggins scored on his long run I must've got mad because I remember being sent to my room.
After about 15 minutes my mom allowed me to come back out and I was able to see the final minutes and both TD's.
After the first TD which cut the lead to 34-28, my mom even came in and watched the last couple of minutes.

Awesome game. :skins:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. Games like that are what made the Cowboys so much fun to watch. There was never a time when you didn't think the Cowboys would some how find a way to win. It seemed they did it whenever they needed to.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I wish I could have seen Roger play live :(

The best game I ever attended was the 1996 NFC Championship game against GB.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
VA Cowboy said:
My favorite game of all time. i was 10 years old and after Riggins scored on his long run I must've got mad because I remember being sent to my room.
After about 15 minutes my mom allowed me to come back out and I was able to see the final minutes and both TD's.
After the first TD which cut the lead to 34-28, my mom even came in and watched the last couple of minutes.

Awesome game. :skins:

Who chased Riggins on that run? Was it Thurman? I remember yelling for whoever it was to catch him. I was not an athletic kid but soon after that, on the playground I ran down the fastest kid in school from behind by imagining that he was Riggins on that play. The guy I tackled couldn't believe I got him.

Martice

Reaction score
Good Old Captain Comeback aka Roger the Dodger!! It was good to see Coach Landry again.

Thanks Cowpoke.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
OH!!!!! the Good old days...................Thanks for bringing those great memories to life again. :)

1fisher

Reaction score
Got an autograjphed pic of Roger when I was 7 years old.........Cowboy fan ever since...........That was a great video....... :skins:

Kangaroo

Reaction score
The best line was how do you live like this each week ?

The funny thing when you are on the field it is less nerve racking than it is for fans because you have to focus on what needs to be done your job; the fans on the other hand have nothing else but to watch in anguish as they do their job.

Yes I have been in a tight game before in LaCrosse. There was a minute left when I jared loose a ball scopped it up and pushed it down field I took the ball right to the cage in the teeth of the defense; it was wet cold and borderline to having ice forming; we where tired because it was day two of the tournment and like my 3rd game that started at early am. Yet I drove right and pulled two defenders spun back left switching the stick to my left hand and put in the ugliest clutch shot you will ever see :) I tied the game with 30 seconds left. Yes it was ugly shot but out on the field with only a minute left was easy what was a killer was coming off the field for 30seconds and watching the defense melt down and lose the game as time expired.