Video: Deion is annoying, but... - 6/1/09

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]nljycYt0S30[/youtube]
-------------------------

As a talking head he is annoying the crap out of me right now, but the man was one of the best athletes to ever lace them up.

DallasKnight

Reaction score
Yes, he as a phenominal athlete, but had no loyalty. A hired gun. As for the person who is/was Meion... I have no respect for the man behind the athleticism.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I will always be a fan of Deion because of one thing. Back in the Christmas game of 1995 against the Cardinals where Emmitt Smith broke the single season TD record, I was behind the Cowboys bench.

Down below me right near the field level was a handicap section for wheelchairs. Deion Sanders was going around on the sidelines at the end of that game and getting star players to sign footballs and he was giving them to the handicapped kids in that section.

I will always respect the man for that.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He will go down arguably as the best CB to lace them up. The knock on hi is he couldn't tackle but that one game against the Commanders where S. Davis bounced it outside and Prime Time took him down for a loss made me change my thoughts on that. He also electrified the crowd and the other players he was Jordanesque with a football in his hand, every time he got the ball you knew there was a pretty darn good chance it will lead to points.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hostile;2795485 said:
I will always be a fan of Deion because of one thing. Back in the Christmas game of 1995 against the Cardinals where Emmitt Smith broke the single season TD record, I was behind the Cowboys bench.

Down below me right near the field level was a handicap section for wheelchairs. Deion Sanders was going around on the sidelines at the end of that game and getting star players to sign footballs and he was giving them to the handicapped kids in that section.

That does not surprise me Deion has always come off as a genuine nice guy. I just think he was lazy when it came to training. Was he gifted and a great athlete ? Yes

He always came of as affable to me. I just thought his lack of work effort was part of the erosion under Barry and forward

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jrumann59;2795490 said:
He will go down arguably as the best CB to lace them up. The knock on hi is he couldn't tackle but that one game against the Commanders where S. Davis bounced it outside and Prime Time took him down for a loss made me change my thoughts on that. He also electrified the crowd and the other players he was Jordanesque with a football in his hand, every time he got the ball you knew there was a pretty darn good chance it will lead to points.
He's the best I ever saw by a wide margin.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
14 year career with 5 different teams.

Self promoting hired gun.

Great athlete.

Worst tackling defensive player I've ever seen bar none.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
Hostile;2795485 said:

I remember watching a video that was shot when Deion was at practice or something and all these people were pushing each other behind the fence to talk to him and there was a little kid in the crowd getting shoved and he was crying and Deion started yelling at them for it and picked the kid up and brought him over to a bench or something near him and talked to him for a while. Seems like he was a genuinely nice and caring guy even though he has a big mouth.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Like many here already said, as Pure CB, probably one of the best ever. As a team mate, he was severly lacking. Plus guy always has some undercurrent racist tones to some of his views, from what I noticed.

I hated him as a Cowboys player, but just like TO, as long as he played for Cowboys cheered for him just like any other cowboys player.

Mainly he is big time self promoter. Any good deed he does, I don't think he let it go unoticed. Unlike say Irvin for example. More you listen to Irvin on radio, you realize, for all his personal shortcomings, what a great person he is, especially as a teammate. No wonder Aikkman, says he always tears up and says I Love you to Irvin when he talks to him.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jrumann59;2795490 said:

He could tackle but 9 times out of 10 he wouldn't. As Jimmy would say he just played huggie bear with him.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2795505 said:
14 year career with 5 different teams.

Self promoting hired gun.

Great athlete.

Worst tackling defensive player I've ever seen bar none.

I close my eyes too when I see Pat Watkins about to try and tackle someone...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Jeez. That highlight looks like it includes an intercepted pass from the Cowboys backup last year.

:thumbdo:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He could tackle if he wanted to. He just didn't always want to. And I can think of no one else in his league as a CB. I don't see where he was a bad teammate either. And a good guy. Just annoying and he made all the right decisions about making money and still does.

He's entertaining.

Did I mention he was annoying at times.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
juckie;2795565 said:
He was def the best cb to put shoes on.

dick "night train" lane is the best cb ever.

darrell green a close second..

Reaction score
DallasKnight;2795479 said:
Yes, he as a phenominal athlete, but had no loyalty. A hired gun. As for the person who is/was Meion... I have no respect for the man behind the athleticism.

Dont you have to know somebody to respect them?:rolleyes:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2795579 said:
Dont you have to know somebody to respect them?:rolleyes:

Hey Look!

That Owens fan is back on a Cowboys board.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a flapping wet *** with cleats and a dew-rag.