Video: Deion is annoying, but... - 6/1/09

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2795579 said:
Dont you have to know somebody to respect them?:rolleyes:
No.

I never met Mother Teresa or Mahatma Ghandi, but I respect them.

I never met Adolf Hitler or Eva Braun, but I don't respect them.

Pretty much anyone capable of rational thought can make up their minds fairly easily about what they like and don't like, or respect and don't respect.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Without sounding gay. Deion was one of the prettiest athletes ever. Just watching him run was a work of art. Forgot alot of those plays, thanks!

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2795602 said:
Without sounding gay. Deion was one of the prettiest athletes ever. Just watching him run was a work of art. Forgot alot of those plays, thanks!

Ya dude, I'm sorry, but that's pretty gay.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
lane;2795577 said:
dick "night train" lane is the best cb ever.

darrell green a close second..

I was just thinking about him. Lane couldn't have played in the later part of the century. He wouldn't last a game with those clothesline tackles and hits to the head.

But he was quite a CB in his day. He just didn't have the talent Deion had. IMO.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'll never understand why some people can't separate the athlete from the analyst.

Who cares if Deion annoys you as an analyst? As a football player he was outstanding, and he helped our 'Boys win their 5th title. Does Emmitt's crappy TV work make you dislike him as a player?

I'll never forget how he started the '96 season starting on both sides of the ball. He wasn't a great WR, but you had to respect his speed opposite Irvin. Unbelievable athlete.

"A hired gun". Sort of like all NFL players in the free agency era. If Jerry lowballs D-Ware and he hits free agency, don't think for a second he wouldn't consider signing elsewhere if a team were to offer stupid money for the guy.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
jobberone;2795609 said:
I was just thinking about him. Lane couldn't have played in the later part of the century. He wouldn't last a game with those clothesline tackles and hits to the head.

But he was quite a CB in his day. He just didn't have the talent Deion had. IMO.

he was rescued from a dumpster as a newborn..

his father was a pimp

his mother was a prostitute who threw him in that dumpster.

thanks to a widow named ella lane who found him and welcomed him into her family....a legend was made.

he is the best cb to ever play this game.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2795469 said:
As a talking head he is annoying the crap out of me right now, but the man was one of the best athletes to ever lace them up.

damn damn damn... Thanks for the incredible video footage. That guy was something special (hired gun or not)... & that team of the early 90s... Gawd. Such great memories... I really miss the good ol days of Jimmy Johnson and that ridiculously well oiled machine he tended to.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2795657 said:
Oh...lord give me strength...

Take it like a man bro! Don't be like your boy Lebron. :D Just direct everyone to the NBA thread.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2795663 said:
Take it like a man bro! Don't be like your boy Lebron. :D Just direct everyone to the NBA thread.

Well should I just make a thread in the Fan Zone to look at the sports zone:rolleyes:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
lane;2795652 said:
he was rescued from a dumpster as a newborn..

his father was a pimp

his mother was a prostitute who threw him in that dumpster.

thanks to a widow named ella lane who found him and welcomed him into her family....a legend was made.

he is the best cb to ever play this game.

I'm old enough to have seen him play. Comparing athletes across eras is impossible. We only have our subjective opinions and must try to imagine an athlete playing in a different game.

As I think about it, Deion would never have been able to play CB for teams of that era. He just wasn't tough enough. The run was too prevalent. CBs had to play physically just to cover. And they were rough as hell on WRs.

Nobody has had the talent Deion had. Just his speed is elite. Perhaps it is better to say each was the best of his era.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Deion would never have made it in the OLD NFL where you had to tackle and be tough and hit. BUT on the other Hand Lane did not have the speed to play today and taking away his tough play left you with not a whole lot.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
One of my favorite cowboys games of the 90s was the 92 monday nighter against atlanta.

Emmit, Irvin and harper made the supposed "best Ever" look like roy williams trying to cover and tackle.

His dropped pass in the end zone in the game in 91 on the last play won the game for us.

and go ask tim McCarver what a good guy he is or a majority of the guys that played baseball with him.

He to me, is the guy that turned athletes into the D-Bags they are today as a majority. He just got labeled the best ever because he was so flamboyant and such a self promoter. He was the first of the nfl athlete to act like he was in the me first NBA and showboated all the time and only cared about himself. Unfortunately that has seeped into most of the league because they all grew up with this guy as a hero....what a shame.

I dont see in any way how he is better than Darrell Green.