Video:Demarcus Ware gets flagged for being offsides..but was he?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
was discussed last night and a video link was provided. I say no, he left with the ball. In the end, doesn't matter but he was not offside in my view.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
I agree looks like he left at the same time as the ball and then it even looks like he was a milisecond after the ball was snapped..BAD CALL oh well

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ware is starting to get off the ball much like Dwight Freeney does. He is getting much better at reading the cadence. Very quick first step.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
This was in another thread.

http://i87.***BLOCKED***/albums/k158/smarta5150/wareoffsidespackers07tr2.gif

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
No, Ware was not offside.

picture.GIF

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40;1803637 said:
If Ware was offsides I'm a spring chicken....:rolleyes:

That settles it then....clearly........ ;)

Aikbach

Reaction score
So basically Ware was penalized for his burst and Green Bay got 3 points out of it.

The Packers first 10 points were Cowboy/ ref gifts, if they play a mistake free game it would've been very very ugly for the Packers.

Dallas should kill Green Bay in a playoff rematch to make up for all the points they left on the field this time.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...POST #6 with the looped replay I don't think Ware was offside.

He was definitely moving early, but he did not enter the neutral zone prior to the snap getting away. He was exploding out of his stance early though.

Ware has been getting some amazing jumps on the snap this year. It's almost as if he has begun to really focus on that part of his game and is spending time doing film study on his opposing centers.

What I see is the GB center begins to drive down on his left knee and drops his butt when his starting his snap.

Ware is really seeing the fine details of his position and we Cowboys fans are getting to enjoy his body of work this year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
smarta5150;1803621 said:
This was in another thread.

http://i87.***BLOCKED***/albums/k158/smarta5150/wareoffsidespackers07tr2.gif
What's fun about this clip is that you can see just how quick Ware is. And I'm not talking about him timing his jump.

Watch him, and focus solely only him, 4 or 5 times in a row to get a sense of how fast he is. Then watch another player, like one of the DTs. It's like they're moving in mud. Yes, it's in slow-motion, but they're especially slow compared to Ware.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1804210 said:
What's fun about this clip is that you can see just how quick Ware is. And I'm not talking about him timing his jump.

Watch him, and focus solely only him, 4 or 5 times in a row to get a sense of how fast he is. Then watch another player, like one of the DTs. It's like they're moving in mud. Yes, it's in slow-motion, but they're especially slow compared to Ware.

Forget Kearse... Ware is the real freak.

Pabst

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1804248 said:
Ware time the play perfectly, the refs had a bad game last night...

The refs seem to have bad nights alot when the Cowboys are playing...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
he wasn't offsides. it was a gift to the pack cause we got one when harris stripped owens

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;1804275 said:
he wasn't offsides. it was a gift to the pack cause we got one when harris stripped owens
Uh...this was on the first drive of the game.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Rampage;1804275 said:

I would have called it too .

In real time it was unreal how quick the jump was.

Ware moved before anyone else did (minus the very little head movement by the center).

Still would have been a bad call by me.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1804277 said:
Uh...this was on the first drive of the game.
ok than they screwed up and that's why we got a gift on the harris-owens strip

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
smarta5150;1804278 said:
I would have called it too .

In real time it was unreal how quick the jump was.

Ware moved before anyone else did (minus the very little head movement by the center).

Still would have been a bad call by me.
yeah in real game speed i thought he was offsides too. but we got a break on our drive so it evened out