VIDEO: Deon Anderson... maybe he has gone off the deep end

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Idgit;1739432 said:
I must be the only one who thought Deion was annoyingly dumb.

I thought the reference to Stanback being the other live wire on the team was interesting. I wouldn't have put Anderson and Stanback together if I hadn't heard that.

Also, where'd the nickname 'Cricket' originate? Was in on this board, by any chance?

during tc in the locker room one of the players pointed to a small cricket and said something like

~ill get rid of all your debt if you eat the cricket~

and Deon went on to say he didn't want to look like a wuss cuz they were testing his man hood and he had alot of debt at the time so he went to pick up the small cricket but one of the guys stopped him as a bigger one came hopping by and Deon picked it up and described it as

~like eating ham, cept you felt the little guy kicking around...it twas really juice. and full of protein i heard!~

~ mean going off my memory

the kid 05

Reaction score
Pokes12;1739659 said:
What is up with his right eye????

its a contact, i thought it was cool all thought you can't see out of it

Reaction score
the kid 05;1739720 said:
its a contact, i thought it was cool all thought you can't see out of it

In talking with Deon you can see out of the contacts but the problem is that he wears contacts and the white one is not persription.

if you had 20/20 eyesight and put in those contacts you could see out of them just fine.

He offered up the other one for me to put in my eye also but I am not to keen about putting things in my eyes that were in others.

the kid 05

Reaction score
InsideTheHuddle;1739734 said:
In talking with Deon you can see out of the contacts but the problem is that he wears contacts and the white one is not persription.

if you had 20/20 eyesight and put in those contacts you could see out of them just fine.

He offered up the other one for me to put in my eye also but I am not to keen about putting things in my eyes that were in others.

ahh, sweet then :). Do you know if he wears his contacts during the game and/or if hes looking into that lasik stuff?

Reaction score
the kid 05;1739744 said:
ahh, sweet then :). Do you know if he wears his contacts during the game and/or if hes looking into that lasik stuff?

Since he is a rookie he has probably not been approched yet but there is an official LASIK provider of the team and others that have done player procedures in trade for endorsements so it will probably be a while before he gets it done if that is the case.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
InsideTheHuddle;1739747 said:
Since he is a rookie he has probably not been approched yet but there is an official LASIK provider of the team and others that have done player procedures in trade for endorsements so it will probably be a while before he gets it done if that is the case.
That is cool information to know. Thanks.

the kid 05

Reaction score
InsideTheHuddle;1739747 said:

Ah thanks ith. Was it your teams choice to use Hurd and Romo or did you have other players in mind? well i can see Romo and i like Hurd alot but was there player X you wanted but he politely declinded?

Reaction score
the kid 05;1739764 said:
Ah thanks ith. Was it your teams choice to use Hurd and Romo or did you have other players in mind? well i can see Romo and i like Hurd alot but was there player X you wanted but he politely declinded?

No, It was Romo and Hurd from day 1.... actually from the last of last season...

we have been doing these shows for 15 years and have always looked for two things.

1. who do we think is an up and coming player and
2. who has aspirations of being in broadcasting after their career is over

we have had Romo on our show as a guest several times over the years before we signed him to do last seasons shows. We knew he was about to break out and wanted to get him before that time.

I think the Sam will be said for Sam Hurd. Things (in my opinion) are not looking good for Terry Glenn and if he does not return and for some reason Crayton was to be traded, Hurd would be the #2 receiver and in the spotlight just like what happened with Tony.

I know a lot of you dont think Hurd is a legit #2 guy but I am with him 3-4 days a week and I will go out on the limb and say "you aint seen nothin yet"

Honestly after the show last week with Chris Canty, I am seriously considering him for hosting some shows next season as he was very outspoken and eloquent.

If you look at our past hosts that are now doing either local or national work it is impressive

Emmitt Smith Hosted 1 season - National
Daryl Johnston - Hosted 5 seasons - National
Troy Aikman - Hosted 1 season - National
Tony Casillas - Hosted 1 season - Local
Jason Garret - Hosted 3 seasons - (now Coaching)
Joey Galloway - Hosted 1 season - (still playing)
Dan Campbell - Hosted 1 season - (still playing)
Jason Witten - Hosted 1 season - (still playing)
La'Roi Glover - Hosted 2 seasons - (still playing)
Bradie James - Hosted 1 season - (still playing)
Tony Romo - Hosted 2 seasons - (still playing)
Sam Hurd - Hosted 1 season - (still playing)
Chad Hennings - Hosted 1 season
George Teague - Hoste 1 season

There are some others in there but my old brain forgets everyone over a 15 year span of time

the kid 05

Reaction score
InsideTheHuddle;1739787 said:
No, It was Romo and Hurd from day 1.... actually from the last of last season...

we have been doing these shows for 15 years and have always looked for two things.

1. who do we think is an up and coming player and
2. who has aspirations of being in broadcasting after their career is over

we have had Romo on our show as a guest several times over the years before we signed him to do last seasons shows. We knew he was about to break out and wanted to get him before that time.

I think the Sam will be said for Sam Hurd. Things (in my opinion) are not looking good for Terry Glenn and if he does not return and for some reason Crayton was to be traded, Hurd would be the #2 receiver and in the spotlight just like what happened with Tony.

I know a lot of you dont think Hurd is a legit #2 guy but I am with him 3-4 days a week and I will go out on the limb and say "you aint seen nothin yet"

Honestly after the show last week with Chris Canty, I am seriously considering him for hosting some shows next season as he was very outspoken and eloquent.

If you look at our past hosts that are now doing either local or national work it is impressive

Emmitt Smith Hosted 1 season - National
Daryl Johnston - Hosted 5 seasons - National
Troy Aikman - Hosted 1 season - National
Tony Casillas - Hosted 1 season - Local
Jason Garret - Hosted 3 seasons - (now Coaching)
Joey Galloway - Hosted 1 season - (still playing)
Dan Campbell - Hosted 1 season - (still playing)
Jason Witten - Hosted 1 season - (still playing)
La'Roi Glover - Hosted 2 seasons - (still playing)
Bradie James - Hosted 1 season - (still playing)
Tony Romo - Hosted 2 seasons - (still playing)
Sam Hurd - Hosted 1 season - (still playing)
Chad Hennings - Hosted 1 season
George Teague - Hoste 1 season

There are some others in there but my old brain forgets everyone over a 15 year span of time

wow first i hope you are right about Hurd second that is an amazing reputar (sp? think im using it right) of guests and good to see they used your show as a building block of skill set for their future, do you know if any other team has a show like yours?

Reaction score
the kid 05;1739816 said:
wow first i hope you are right about Hurd second that is an amazing reputar (sp? think im using it right) of guests and good to see they used your show as a building block of skill set for their future, do you know if any other team has a show like yours?

I know there are a lot of player shows around the NFL but I dont think there are any like ours... we pride ourself on being the UNfootball show.

we have to talk a little football but out of the hour show we try and limit last/next game talk to 15-20 minutes max and then for the rest of the show give you the insight on the players personal and off field lives that make the show unique.

that is why we call it "Inside the Huddle" we want you to get the inside stories you cant get on ESPN or local sports.

As for other markets I am looking at taking this show to other markets next season as we have past hosts in other cities like Dan Campbell in Detroit, LaRoi Glover in St. Louis, Joey Galloway in Tampa and Ebenezer Ekuban in Denver....

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Romo listens to Phil Collins to get pumped up? Hahahaha, man this dude is a player.

That part where the drums kick in in "In The Air Tonight"...I could so get pumped up to that stuff.

I swear everything I read about this guy, you cant help but like him even more.

Wood

Reaction score
well after listening to Anderson...he is definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed....I now can understand why he has difficulty recognizing who to block. That being said...he seems like that happy go lucky guy who keeps the atmosphere light.

the kid 05

Reaction score
thanks silverblue i was perplexed about that word but due to your elaboration im now set :) ;)

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
InsideTheHuddle;1739787 said:

I think the Cardinal game last year gave us a glimps of his talent. I am surprised Romo doesn’t throw to him more often. I did see him open on a 3rd down play against the Vikings. But this kindof insight gets me excited. Thanks!