Video: DFW Sportsbeat w/Spears and Irvin

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]OTmKhmWhQmI[/youtube]
-------------------------------------------

DFW Sportsbeat with Marcus Spears and Michael Irvin.

I am not a big fan of Spears, but he does make a great point at the end of this clip.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for posting that, DC. Good stuff.

The WR route stuff is always interesting. I'm always curious how much our WRs round out on their routes. Frankly, it's not anything I even try to pay attention to in games, but it'd be interesting to see some of their routes isolated on tape. Route-running is supposed to be a strength of Crayton's though, and he's not exactly benefiting from that yet this year.

Out of curiosity, what's not to like about Marcus Spears? Is pretty stout against the run, and he strikes me as the Bradie James kind of player who could add a lot to the team in terms of his personality if he can just get over the hump in terms of credibility in the locker room. I think he's been a really good player for us this year.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;2505738 said:
Thanks for posting that, DC. Good stuff.

The WR route stuff is always interesting. I'm always curious how much our WRs round out on their routes. Frankly, it's not anything I even try to pay attention to in games, but it'd be interesting to see some of their routes isolated on tape. Route-running is supposed to be a strength of Crayton's though, and he's not exactly benefiting from that yet this year.

Out of curiosity, what's not to like about Marcus Spears? Is pretty stout against the run, and he strikes me as the Bradie James kind of player who could add a lot to the team in terms of his personality if he can just get over the hump in terms of credibility in the locker room. I think he's been a really good player for us this year.

I just can't get over him talking junk once Parcells left about how he was going to light it up now in Wade's defense.

I am not a fan of talkers in general.

And I know the position he plays on this defense isn't about making dynamic plays, but at times he's 'just a guy' and IMO he talks way too much for a JAG.

When he was drafted I was behind him for an entire year. I rooted for him to become a good, didn't even have to be great, player but the more he talked the more he made his way up my you know what list.

silver

Reaction score
Idgit;2505738 said:

Great run defender. You can see it as he takes pride in holding the Giants to 70 something yards. Pleople expect a Bruce Smith type of defensive end and that's not what he is. He's more of a Leonard Marshall 3-4 stout run defender type player IMHO.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2505749 said:
I just can't get over him talking junk once Parcells left about how he was going to light it up now in Wade's defense.

I am not a fan of talkers in general.

And I know the position he plays on this defense isn't about making dynamic plays, but at times he's 'just a guy' and IMO he talks way too much for a JAG.

When he was drafted I was behind him for an entire year. I rooted for him to become a good, didn't even have to be great, player but the more he talked the more he made his way up my you know what list.

Spears is playing GREAT football. For a talker such as yourself I really don't get why you don't like players who talk. There is more then enough words to go around approximately 500K in the English language at the last count.:)

Plumfool

Reaction score
adbutcher;2505788 said:
Spears is playing GREAT football. For a talker such as yourself I really don't get why you don't like players who talk. There is more then enough words to go around approximately 500K in the English language at the last count.:)

:laugh2:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
adbutcher;2505788 said:

Not only do I talk the talk..

But I walk the walk too!

:lmao2: