VIDEO: Drew Henson week 4 passing plays

Roger78

rmahler
Reaction score
Funxva said:
Thanks for the Video!

Anyone else getting slow download times? I'm on a t1 here. :) and it's going 2.8 kbps :(

I'm on a cable modem and it downloaded and saved in about 4 or 5 minutes.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
rmahler said:
I'm on a cable modem and it downloaded and saved in about 4 or 5 minutes.

Weird. Very weird. Oh well. Only 4 hours left. :bang2:

hogwild

Reaction score
can someone tell me how to download it.
i clicked on it and went to megaupload , then what?

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
hogwild said:
can someone tell me how to download it.
i clicked on it and went to megaupload , then what?

Wait until after the countdown, then click the little orange X in the ad that pops up. It covers up the download link.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Here's my meaningless thoughts on the video.

POSITIVES

- Threw the deep to intermediate passes well with a lot of accuracy. That second deep pass that was incomplete to Zuriel would have had a better chance of being caught for a TD if he had an NFL caliber WR.

- Throws well against his body.

- Hit a good stretch of right before the half to the end of the game where he was pretty hot.

- Great throw on the quick slant on the last pass of the game and generally showed he can make all of the throws out on the field.

- Did a pretty good job of looking off his receivers.

- Generally did a solid job of decision making.

NEGATIVES

- Footwork is okay at best. Doesn't use his left leg like a corkscrew to get out of the pocket. Not something that will kill his effectiveness, but it does cause him to get out into the pocket a bit slower than what you optimally want.

- Still has a funky motion with his throws. Seems like he whips the ball around his helmet and then slings in out there instead of using the standard textbook, overhand motion. Not that there's a problem with that, but on some of his passes, especially on 7 routes, he'll loose a bit of zip on his passes.

- Struggled early on.

- Struggled with leading his receivers into defenders early on.

Rich...........

Pretty good assesment, except, I didn't notice or know much about correct footwork, so I guess I will leave it.

Actually he had couple of plays where he seems to have lead RB right into defenders. That was the only bad part in my opinion.

superpunk

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Pretty good assesment, except, I didn't notice or know much about correct footwork, so I guess I will leave it.

Actually he had couple of plays where he seems to have lead RB right into defenders. That was the only bad part in my opinion.

He was making his decision too late. Nothing was there, so he checked down, but it took a little too long. That being said, his decision making, IMO, was flawless, or as close to flawless as it gets. Just needs to happen a little faster.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You can't tell me the Europe league isn't helping him get better.

I wish Dallas would've sent Romo happy *** there too. He hasn't played in a game in forever either.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Awesome job on the video. You've supplemented my football fix.

Watching that video does nothing but excite me. The thing I loved most what Henson was doing out there was how he was moving around. Every time he was flushed out of the pocket something big happened. Also, on the touchdown where he rolled to the right, Zuriel Smith was originally covered, but Henson had the presence of mind to continue to the right to pull the DB off of Smith leaving him open in the endzone. Thats the kind of stuff I like to see. Some may complain that at his heighth and with his throwing motion, he'll have some passes batted down. When he is out of the pocket, none of that matters ;)

The thing that bothered me the most was mentioned by someone else in that he sometimes will make the decision a little too late and lead the reciever into a defender. If he can get past that, and his penchant for staring down a reciever. I think we might just have something.

Finally, I've noticed his deep ball has steadily been improving from game to game. I think it was more of a matter of getting some reps with throwing it and then becoming comfortable with it.

All in all I'm excited that we can once again talk about his potential. And as much as it pains me to say this, I wouldn't mind unbanning Nors for a few days to see what he has to say about Henson's play :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
Awesome job on the video. You've supplemented my football fix.

Watching that video does nothing but excite me. The thing I loved most what Henson was doing out there was how he was moving around. Every time he was flushed out of the pocket something big happened. Also, on the touchdown where he rolled to the right, Zuriel Smith was originally covered, but Henson had the presence of mind to continue to the right to pull the DB off of Smith leaving him open in the endzone. Thats the kind of stuff I like to see. Some may complain that at his heighth and with his throwing motion, he'll have some passes batted down. When he is out of the pocket, none of that matters ;)

The thing that bothered me the most was mentioned by someone else in that he sometimes will make the decision a little too late and lead the reciever into a defender. If he can get past that, and his penchant for staring down a reciever. I think we might just have something.

Finally, I've noticed his deep ball has steadily been improving from game to game. I think it was more of a matter of getting some reps with throwing it and then becoming comfortable with it.

All in all I'm excited that we can once again talk about his potential. And as much as it pains me to say this, I wouldn't mind unbanning Nors for a few days to see what he has to say about Henson's play :D

Henson is 6'04" nothing wrong with his height. In my opinion the only problem Henson has is the fact he was away from the game and now he is trying to play catch up. NFLE is allowing him to work on his game

Gaede

Reaction score
Theebs, great job on the video!

Very impressed with Henson. He just looks like a QB. Very strong arm, decisive, pocket presence, smart AND his deep ball looks much better.

He certainly looks like he belongs.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Theebs, as always, MUCH appreciated (even though I have seen all of his NFLE games live)

As far as Henson's performance. Progress is the word.

He looks more and more comfortable with each game.

And he's managing the games VERY well.

Good stuff.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Wow. Now thats some improvement. The best part was seeing the smile on Henson's face. He's getting into a groove and enjoying himself. Maybe there is a future in this guy. Maybe.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I agree - seeing Henson smile and get into it is a great sign. So much of athletics is confidence. He desperately needs to regain his confidence.

Did anyone else notice that the throw to the tailback down the sideline looked like a classic Drew Bledsoe throw? Just like Bledsoe does so well, he hit the tailback on the back shoulder, where only he could catch it.

People keep saying the Cowboys sent Drew to Europe. Didn't I read somewhere that Drew asked to go to Europe to work on his game? If so, then you gotta respect his decision and admire his willingness to take the risk. Looks like it is paying off for him.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Awakened said:
I agree - seeing Henson smile and get into it is a great sign. So much of athletics is confidence. He desperately needs to regain his confidence.

Did anyone else notice that the throw to the tailback down the sideline looked like a classic Drew Bledsoe throw? Just like Bledsoe does so well, he hit the tailback on the back shoulder, where only he could catch it.

People keep saying the Cowboys sent Drew to Europe. Didn't I read somewhere that Drew asked to go to Europe to work on his game? If so, then you gotta respect his decision and admire his willingness to take the risk. Looks like it is paying off for him.

Yes he said so and was reported as such several times. Actually Drew said he approached the coaching staff ( Payton etc.) about NFL Europe last year, but apparently they weren't kneen on sending him there, probably since they first wanted him to work on his machanics here.

This year I guess they were up to that, since there is nothing of that sort ( Machanics) anymore, but he needed to play, Period. It seems like his gamble to go there and play is paying off for him and maybe ultimately/hopefully for cowboys and us fans too.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
YoMick said:
WOW! Took me an hour to download and then only had audio w/ WMP...

any suggestions?

Since its avi file shouldn't you be playing it in Realplayer? Also you should have DIVX to play this.