VIDEO: Drew Henson week 5 nflel passing plays

proline

Reaction score
Can't thank you enough, Theebs. But I'll try!

THANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanksTHANKSthanks

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Thank Theebs.

:)

Henson. This week he looked a bit sloppy. I am very interested to see how he bounces back next week.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Thank Theebs.

Henson. This week he looked a bit sloppy. I am very interested to see how he bounces back next week.

I thought he looked really solid until the end of the game, he had a couple throws get away from him then...otherwise everything else was on the money

David

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Thank Theebs.

At end of the game, yes. But not the whole game. I think its case of probably him running of out options. The way Amsterdam was scoring, I though Rhein wouldn't have a chance at all, but somehow Henson and sometimes the D Kept them in the game.

But was dissappointed in his play at the end little bit, cause I thought he got little bit greedy instead of trying to bit more patient. Should be a good learning experience.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I thought he looked really solid until the end of the game, he had a couple throws get away from him then...otherwise everything else was on the money

David

The fumble was out of character for how he's been playing...He also fumbled a snap (not necessarily his fault)...on a sack he sorta tossed the ball away as he was going down which was a bit dangerous...

He's always been good throwing on the move...and I think he did a great job of that.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
The fumble was out of character for how he's been playing...He also fumbled a snap (not necessarily his fault)...on a sack he sorta tossed the ball away as he was going down which was a bit dangerous...

He's always been good throwing on the move...and I think he did a great job of that.

...seems like he got a little excited and could feel the pressure of a perfect record going into this game.

Either it was the coach's play calling or his reads,b ut it seemed like he was taking too many chances when he could have sliced this defence up for smaller yardage.

Alot of creative moves by him to escape the rush and get the ball to the receiver from odd release points. I definitely saw a few ugly quackers thrown up this game.

The commentators did make one salient point. If his stance is narrowed so his legs aren't spread so far apart his release point will be higher because he will be standing taller.

One can see why now the coaching staff worked on changing his throwing motion. Maybe this guy needs a different approach and if allowed to throw his natural style he will slowly alter to a more traditional one as he gains experience.

I still cringe when I think about that training camp 2005 picture of him throwing.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
davidyee said:
...seems like he got a little excited and could feel the pressure of a perfect record going into this game.

Either it was the coach's play calling or his reads,b ut it seemed like he was taking too many chances when he could have sliced this defence up for smaller yardage.

Alot of creative moves by him to escape the rush and get the ball to the receiver from odd release points. I definitely saw a few ugly quackers thrown up this game.

The commentators did make one salient point. If his stance is narrowed so his legs aren't spread so far apart his release point will be higher because he will be standing taller.

One can see why now the coaching staff worked on changing his throwing motion. Maybe this guy needs a different approach and if allowed to throw his natural style he will slowly alter to a more traditional one as he gains experience.

I still cringe when I think about that training camp 2005 picture of him throwing.

The throwing motion, IMO, is fine.

I haven't seen a single pass batted down in NFLE.

I get a kick out of watching him create on plays...he's actually a better passer when things break down a bit...I think he relies on his instincts and thinks less when he's on the run.

I'd like to see him with good WR's because there were a lot of drops...again.

The only thing that bugged me is that he was a bit sloppy with the ball in this game.

I really think Romo should have come to NFLE also. You can see what being under live fire does for a QB.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
The throwing motion, IMO, is fine.

I haven't seen a single pass batted down in NFLE.

I get a kick out of watching him create on plays...he's actually a better passer when things break down a bit...I think he relies on his instincts and thinks less when he's on the run.

I'd like to see him with good WR's because there were a lot of drops...again.

The only thing that bugged me is that he was a bit sloppy with the ball in this game.

I really think Romo should have come to NFLE also. You can see what being under live fire does for a QB.

...with a taller stance he may really take the next step in his game.

I like the play making ability I saw this past game when the protection broke down. I never minded a guy like Plummer or Montana who threw from different angles and made plays, but I also admired the Fouts, Debergs and Aikmans who stood tall and delivered fastballs without whipping their entire upper body into the throw.

They seemed to display an economy of motion and the ball got there in a hurry.

Drew needs more games like this one where the competition is a little closer or better than his entire team so that he can develop the "leader" inside him and play a role in taking his team over the top.

I really enjoyed watching the last series provided by Theebs :)bow: :bow: ) and if he can continues his development in come behind/pressure type situations there's no reason for Cowboys fans to completely discount Henson's ability to find a spot on our roster.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Fla Cowpoke said:
Now I have seen everything.

Henson completes a pass to a "national" player from Mexico whose last name is Wong.

You can't make this up!

What's wong with Wong:confused:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
At end of the game, yes. But not the whole game. I think its case of probably him running of out options. The way Amsterdam was scoring, I though Rhein wouldn't have a chance at all, but somehow Henson and sometimes the D Kept them in the game.

But was dissappointed in his play at the end little bit, cause I thought he got little bit greedy instead of trying to bit more patient. Should be a good learning experience.
Yeah I agree... He needs to protect the ball better than he did in that last game...His WR corps has really been decimated with injuries...but in the end that might be for the best...because that tight coverage is what you get in the NFL and he will be learning ball placement as in where to throw it and how...

I think this was a very good showing as he had lots stacked against him and had he pulled it out in the end and protected the ball a bit better I would have really began to wonder why he was over in Europe