VIDEO: Drew Henson Week 6 nflel passing plays

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Rack said:
Thanks, Theebs.

If I were Jerry Jones I'd make a call to the Rhein Head Coach and tell him to sit Henson down the rest of the year. I've seen enough.

I've seen enough to not want to draft a QB this year, and I don't want Henson to get hurt playing behind that AWEFUL offensive line.

I like Samp too. I believe he's property of Carolina, not sure. I remember one game the announcers said John Fox liked him, but he ended up hurt or something or other.

But the OL and the rest of the WRs were SO BAD. Sometimes getting banged around earliy in their career can help QBs and sometimes it can physically hurt them. Still, Henson NEEDS playing time and repitition, no way they should sit him down. He still has stuff to work on in game situations.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Rack said:
Thanks, Theebs.

If I were Jerry Jones I'd make a call to the Rhein Head Coach and tell him to sit Henson down the rest of the year. I've seen enough.

I've seen enough to not want to draft a QB this year, and I don't want Henson to get hurt playing behind that AWEFUL offensive line.

Henson kept getting HAMMERED yet kept getting back up and standing tall in the "pocket". He showed very good pocket presence and decent mobility. But that offensive line... OMG. OMFG.

Not to mention Drew was getting NO HELP from his recievers, outside of Samp (sp?). I actually like him. Nothing special, but a reliable possession reciever. If he can play special teams I wouldn't mind if the Cowboys picked him up if he doesn't make it with whichever team allocated him.

Henson also showed he's not just some "Robot" back there. He did a solid job of improvising when he had to.

Seriously though, If I were teh Fire HC, I'd fine every one of those offensive linemen for that performance.

I kind of agree, I really felt sorry for Henson in fourth quarter especially. But luckily they wont have to play Admirals again, unless they make it to World Bowl. Till then, they don't have to play any other team that is so explosive on Offensive.

So hopefully Henson doesn't have to put everything on himself and have similar type of circumstances. It sure seems like Fire's OL as good they are in Run BLocking, they are that bad in Pass Blocking, which is really puzzling to me. I would think they can be at least Decent in Pass Blocking. But their RT, Dahl I think is his name, is the worst Tackle I think I have seen so far.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:
Thanks, Theebs.

Henson kept getting HAMMERED yet kept getting back up and standing tall in the "pocket". He showed very good pocket presence and decent mobility. But that offensive line... OMG. OMFG.

Not to mention Drew was getting NO HELP from his recievers, outside of Samp (sp?). I actually like him. Nothing special, but a reliable possession reciever. If he can play special teams I wouldn't mind if the Cowboys picked him up if he doesn't make it with whichever team allocated him.

Henson also showed he's not just some "Robot" back there. He did a solid job of improvising when he had to.

Seriously though, If I were teh Fire HC, I'd fine every one of those offensive linemen for that performance.

He does a decent job from the shotgun, when given time. He appears to be going through his progressions and getting to checkdowns quickly. Given the poor execution from his line today, it's probably a decent simulation of how quickly he'll need to make decisions at the next level.

He's better out of the pocket than he is in it, which surprises me (I never watched him much at Mich. For those of you who have, was this always the case?). In particular, when he throws as he's running to the line of scrimmage, he's very accurate. That bodes well for his future in the NFL.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Idgit said:
He does a decent job from the shotgun, when given time. He appears to be going through his progressions and getting to checkdowns quickly. Given the poor execution from his line today, it's probably a decent simulation of how quickly he'll need to make decisions at the next level.

He's better out of the pocket than he is in it, which surprises me (I never watched him much at Mich. For those of you who have, was this always the case?). In particular, when he throws as he's running to the line of scrimmage, he's very accurate. That bodes well for his future in the NFL.

I don't remember that aspect, although I almost watched every game he played in College, but what I remember is that he was very accurate on almost all types of throws, especially the deep ones, which he seems to have gained again now, which I thought was severely lacking past two years in Pre-season games.

Oh yeah, on running around thing, thats what he was mostly in for, when Tom Brady played. Although Tom Brady was good when he was in there, Henson was put in there to mostly gimmick plays or running around, his freshman year. His sophomore, it was more passing than just gimmick with Tom Brady there, but you could see the maturation in Passing. Either way it exciting and some kind of anticipation whenever Henson took charge, either due to the hype or the way he created plays when things broke down.

I have to say, I don't remember seeing at least 2 TDs he has thrown in NFLE, made when he was in College. Those were some amazing throws he made in previous games.