Video: Dukes and Lombardi on Cowboys WR issues

Plumfool

Reaction score
I like the idea of rotating receivers. I say keep Crayton to rotate with the top three.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
dfense;3419934 said:
So release Crayton, who's under contract for a couple more years. Then, Austin blows his knee out in training camp. So you're left with an expensive underachiever, a rookie, a second year player who has all of like 8 catches, and Sam "I dropped my last two important catches" Hurd.

If Crayton wants to pout, let him sit on the bench. The Cowboys are due to make an example of someone to send a message to the rest of the team anyways.

The Cowboys could keep him as an insurance policy, but I'm just saying this:

Don't expect Patrick Crayton to not be a distraction. The media will love trying to keep something stirred up. It gives them ammunition to create distractions. Furthermore, Crayton's already basically stated that he's "just as good" as Roy Williams. He's already talked about Williams not getting "opportunites" to live up to expectations. Hmm. Wonder where he remembered that play. It came straight out of the Terrell Owens playbook, and it was part of the reason iOwens was booted. Crayton clearly wants out of Dallas.

We will see what the Cowboys do, but I think the damage has been done. Yes, the Cowboys could keep a player who doesn't want to be here as a fourth WR and not play him, but the consequences would probably be an unhappy, talking to the media "about it", Patrick Crayton.

That microphone is going to be in Patrick Crayton's face throughout training camp. Do you think he's just going to be quiet about his situation?

What if the top three WRs stay healthy, then you have an unhappy Patrick Crayton on your hands. Is a likely distraction worth it? Can't wait for the Dallas press to ask Roy Williams if he thinks Crayton is getting the shaft, after outplaying him last year.

Look, I'd cut Roy Williams or bench him and keep Crayton this year, but I'm not the GM.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Caryton wants out I hope he gets what he wants. I don't think this team needs to deal with a pouting player creating a disruption.