Video: Dukes and Rod Woodson talk Falcons vs Cowboys

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]lemFb2PL800[/youtube]
--------------------------

Guess who Woodson picked to win the game? lol.

Shadowy329

Reaction score
I was actually a little surprised when dukes picked dallas when I saw this earlier

No surprise at all with woodson's pick

fannypack

Sweet Squirrel
Reaction score
I'd like to know if Woodson has EVER picked us to win a matchup that wasn't against a scrub team.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
fannypack;3030594 said:
I'd like to know if Woodson has EVER picked us to win a matchup that wasn't against a scrub team.

Can you argue with that philosophy though? If I were being paid to analyze, I wouldn't pick the Cowboys in anything that could be construed as a big game situation.

Dukes is right on I think. The Falcons are tiny up front. If Jason Garrett puts that Princeton education to good use, he'll just pound them into the dust. Even if running doesn't work initially, at some point our big guys will overwhelm them (assuming our defense doesn't make running the ball impossible).

Ren

Reaction score
Shadowy329;3030591 said:
I was actually a little surprised when dukes picked dallas when I saw this earlier

No surprise at all with woodson's pick

We could be playing Baylor this week and Woodson would still pick against us :laugh2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Monster Heel;3030607 said:
Can you argue with that philosophy though? If I were being paid to analyze, I wouldn't pick the Cowboys in anything that could be construed as a big game situation.

Dukes is right on I think. The Falcons are tiny up front. If Jason Garrett puts that Princeton education to good use, he'll just pound them into the dust. Even if running doesn't work initially, at some point our big guys will overwhelm them (assuming our defense doesn't make running the ball impossible).

Absolutely. That is unless you stick your head in the sand and only consider games that are lost to be big games. You're saying this is a big game tomorrow right? I like to know in advance, since I know if Dallas blows out Atlanta tomorrow and Atlanta stumbles the rest of the season and finishes at 8-8 or something and they miss the playoffs people who whine about big games would say it was just another game that meant nothing.

Ren

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3030689 said:
If the Cowboys win, will it still be a big game?

of course not, Romo can't win big games remember :laugh2:

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
If we win the Pundits will completly forget about it down the line especially guys like Woodson.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I wonder was Woodson on the '95 Steeler team that we beat in the SB?, maybe that's why he hates us so much.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;3030680 said:
Absolutely. That is unless you stick your head in the sand and only consider games that are lost to be big games. You're saying this is a big game tomorrow right? I like to know in advance, since I know if Dallas blows out Atlanta tomorrow and Atlanta stumbles the rest of the season and finishes at 8-8 or something and they miss the playoffs people who whine about big games would say it was just another game that meant nothing.
Should Dallas win tomorrow, a large percentage of the small number of people, who have previously said that Cowboys/Falcons was a big game, will either claim that it wasn't or remain silent afterwards. Or, at least long enough to begin the Seattle or Philadelphia hype for the next two weeks. It's the circle of life.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmishCowboy;3030716 said:
I wonder was Woodson on the '95 Steeler team that we beat in the SB?, maybe that's why he hates us so much.
That's a big 10-4.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Without a doubt the game tomorrow is huge.

Our season may not technically be over but it would be extremely tough for us to make the post season and lose tomorrow.

Especially with a team like Atlanta who will be in the Wildcard hunt. We'll most definetely need this game for tie breakers down the road.

links18

Reaction score
Joe Theismann is picking Atlanta also. Says Miles Austin's big day was "(...) about 200 yards of missed tackles" and the Dallas secondary and Linebackers can't tackle. :(

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;3030716 said:

yes, he rushed back from a severe injury to play in that SB.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
btw, why does everyone get so butt hurt by what the media thinks? honestly, what does it matter. the media is all about ratings and propaganda. i could care less if they are for or against Dallas.

besides, based on what i have seen, 90% of the media seems to be progressive, liberal, head up their own butt fools......so I have no faith or give no precedence to what they have to say....be it sports, politics, religion, economics, food, etc.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Let's put it like this. If the Falcons lose to the Cowboys, we can probably cross them off the contenders list and this will in turn not be a big game.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;3030728 said:
Without a doubt the game tomorrow is huge.

Our season may not technically be over but it would be extremely tough for us to make the post season and lose tomorrow.

Especially with a team like Atlanta who will be in the Wildcard hunt. We'll most definetely need this game for tie breakers down the road.

I agree, this could be pivotal down the road.