Video: Dukes and Rod Woodson talk Falcons vs Cowboys

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
DallasEast;3030726 said:
Should Dallas win tomorrow, a large percentage of the small number of people, who have previously said that Cowboys/Falcons was a big game, will either claim that it wasn't or remain silent afterwards. Or, at least long enough to begin the Seattle or Philadelphia hype for the next two weeks. It's the circle of life.
Or those that picked us to lose or claimed we're only an 8-8 team at best will complain when we don't win by enough.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Monster Heel;3030869 said:
Let's put it like this. If the Falcons lose to the Cowboys, we can probably cross them off the contenders list and this will in turn not be a big game.
Nice how you can have it both ways.

I'm sorry if you think that's an intellectually defensible stance.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Big Games Defined for the Simpletons:

Super Bowl
Championship
Play Offs
Games that decide playoff berth
Division Rivals
Good Teams (Only because it's used as a measuring stick)

Then way at the bottom, other games. Even though all games are important, they aren't all deemed "Big Games." Beating a scrub team like the Chiefs isn't really a big game, it's just taking care of business. Somehow beating this team was big in the minds of our players which is fine, but for Joe fan it's not. Joe fan expects his team to pummel weak teams and beat good teams but Joe fan doesn't play pro football, consider the source...

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
windward;3030873 said:
Nice how you can have it both ways.

I'm sorry if you think that's an intellectually defensible stance.

Well Dallas isn't any good. If they beat you, until proven otherwise you're probably not very good. If Dallas beats them and they go onto make the playoffs, then it'll be a quality win.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;3030726 said:
Should Dallas win tomorrow, a large percentage of the small number of people, who have previously said that Cowboys/Falcons was a big game, will either claim that it wasn't or remain silent afterwards. Or, at least long enough to begin the Seattle or Philadelphia hype for the next two weeks. It's the circle of life.

Okay I'm getting on record saying that it's NOT a big game. It's week 7.

Big games are in December and January. AKA week 17 Eagles.

Although I won't deny that winning this game will be a huge difference down the stretch.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Monster Heel;3030885 said:
Well Dallas isn't any good. If they beat you, until proven otherwise you're probably not very good. If Dallas beats them and they go onto make the playoffs, then it'll be a quality win.

Which will make the win against GreenBay and those 2 wins against the Giants in 07 great wins right?

Oh, don't you dare forget about the win against Philly week of last year or the one against the Giants in December for that matter :cool:

Oh, and don't forget about that great win against the Colts in 06

Honestly though, could there by a more stupid assertion:rolleyes:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Monster Heel;3030885 said:
so you admit any assertion you make is meaningless until the end of the year?

links18

Reaction score
This game is a real big game. Atlanta will probably be in the hunt for a Wildcard spot all season. If we lose this game, we will essentially be behind them by 3 games, basically leaving us fighting for the last Wildcard spot in week 7. Unless, you think we have a shot at winning the division.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3030910 said:
Okay I'm getting on record saying that it's NOT a big game. It's week 7.

Big games are in December and January. AKA week 17 Eagles.

Although I won't deny that winning this game will be a huge difference down the stretch.

How is this not a big game Slate???

Assuming the Giants win the division, we are going to be in the wildcard race with Atlanta. A loss would put us 3 games behind them, so hell yes this is a big game.

I dont understand how "big games" are only played in December and January. What if we are already out of the playoff hunt by then, are they still big games if they dont matter???

The truth is that every dam game in the NFL is a "big game". I dont care who you are playing, a W in this league is huge. Just think about this for a second fellas, if we would have beat the Rams last year we would have made the playoffs. We were 9-7 and ended the year 1/2 game behind the 6 seed. So yes, a game against a team that only won 2 games last year kept us out of the playoffs..........And posters want to tell me that wasnt a big game???

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
links18;3030815 said:
Joe Theismann is picking Atlanta also. Says Miles Austin's big day was "(...) about 200 yards of missed tackles" and the Dallas secondary and Linebackers can't tackle. :(

boy I wish Dukes would break his other leg

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I am never really sure why people are surprised at Duke's comments. he truly impresses me as a guy that says what he believes and doesn't come off with an agenda.

He likes Romo, but like some believes Romo has to prove he can hang onto the ball.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;3031408 said:
I am never really sure why people are surprised at Duke's comments. he truly impresses me as a guy that says what he believes and doesn't come off with an agenda.

He likes Romo, but like some believes Romo has to prove he can hang onto the ball.
I've been very negative regarding Romo but I have this feeling he's gonna play awesome tommorrow. I hope my feeling is right:laugh2:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
You know. Woodson made some good points. He is absolutely correct about his assessment of our defense.

I think some people need to grow some thicker skin.

T-RO

Reaction score
Biggems;3030820 said:
besides, based on what i have seen, 90% of the media seems to be progressive, liberal, head up their own butt fools......so I have no faith or give no precedence to what they have to say....be it sports, politics, religion, economics, food, etc.

Ha, ha..truest words on this board in a long time.

T-RO

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;3031408 said:

That's a generous notion. But wrong.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
newnationcb;3030936 said:
Which will make the win against GreenBay and those 2 wins against the Giants in 07 great wins right?

Oh, don't you dare forget about the win against Philly week of last year or the one against the Giants in December for that matter :cool:

Oh, and don't forget about that great win against the Colts in 06

Honestly though, could there by a more stupid assertion:rolleyes:

Not at all.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I wonder why we all keep handing the division to the Giants in this forum. I'm not saying the Cowboys will win it at all... but why not us? We outplayed that team by more than a slight margin only to have our own repetitious issues cost us the ballgame.

I tend to think that all things- good and bad- come to an end.

If the Cowboys handle their business tomorrow, the Midgets get to play the Cardinals in front of the whole planet at their place. If they lose we're a half game out of 1st with 9 entire weeks left to catch them again at their house and holding one valuable tiebreaker vs. a team that will be in the playoff hunt all year. If the Jints win, then we're still knee deep in the chase for the division title.

If we lose we're looking at a steep uphill climb, and relegates the Cowboys to a scratch and claw fest to a playoff berth that we will be probably three, maybe even only two losses away from being unattainable.

I've been waiting for this team to play its best football for two years and I know the game vs KC was laughably close, but I saw something- especially on defense- that tells me we're closer than fans, pundits, prognosticators think from being a very dangerous football team again.

We're getting healthy and will soon be at full strength and anything can happen.

Anything starts tomorrow. Cowboys 34, Falcons 26. And it will be an easier victory than most expect.