Video: Dukes calls out Woodson about hate for Boys - 12/5/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]ilXQT6nz2hs[/youtube]
----------------------------

Dukes gets on Woodson about his hate for the Cowboys.

Plus Merriman and Eddie George pick Romo over Big Ben.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're not Cincy. We're not Cleveland. And in the immortal words of one Jimmy Johnson, "Damn Houston. We're not Houston." Pittsburgh hasn't played a team the caliber of the Cowboys. I'm sure that has some bearing on how great their defense "looks." They deserve props for having the #1 defense, but if they think they're going just knock the Cowboys all over the field, then they've got another think coming.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Man, they way that guy looked at Woodson, at about 4:00 of the Vid, he looked like he wanted to spit... :laugh2:

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2463482 said:
Pittsburgh hasn't played a team the caliber of the Cowboys. .

yes they have ............... Colts ,Giants and Eagles to some extent and they lost to all of them..............

I am so ready for this game

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In all seriousness I have no problem with what Woodson said. I don't mind him being biased. Picking the Steelers to win this game isn't far fetched at all. At Heinz Field they should be favored. I still feel that the Cowboys are on a roll right now to get into the post season. They're still not in it yet. I feel they understand that. If they lose than so be it. But I just hope its not because of a lack of effort. No reason for you to not get up for this game. St. Louis okay. Its unnacceptable but I understand. The Steelers? The best defense in the league that no one has tore up yet? Stuff like that would motivate me.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
The game can't get here soon enough. Its going to be a fight in the bad weather, and I like it.

kramskoi

Reaction score
one thing to watch for is the delay off tackle/guard...NE was VERY effective with that play and ran up about 80 yds rushing in one half of football and the only reason why they did'nt do more damage on the ground was because of their self-destructive second-half...the Steeler defense is so aggressive that it can overpursue at times, creating nice running lanes.

As far as running the ball, i think that Dallas presents a more lethal receiving threat than Cassel to Welker/Watson/Moss...Polamalu may be forced out of the running game with Witten and the "seam" route or "jerk" route shown in the video...this could make Pittsburgh lighter inside with Foote and Farrior versus the run game. Dallas could spread 'em and run 'em like they did against Seattle inside the five yard line.

This game will be won or lost on the play of both Adams and Columbo...Harrison and Woodley are the real deal, as is Polamalu.

Watching NE and NYG i came away with Harrison, Woodley and Polamalu as the three most important cogs in that defense [Keisel at DE is still injured]

NE did fairly well in the first half handling Harrison. It was'nt until the second half that he started to wear down Matt Light. He drops back in coverage a fair number of times. He did'nt do too much pass rushing against Eli and the Giants. New York had problems converting in the red zone [with Ward and Jacobs no less]

Another thing i noted is that the Steeler secondary seems a little on the short side so Dallas may have a height advantage in the passing game.

That said, it would behoove Dallas to come in planning to establish some type of running game, even if out of 3WR sets. Romo will have to display the same sort of patience that both Mannings used to beat them. Slow, methodical and workmanlike. The worse thing he could do is force the issue. Witten versus Polamalu could decide the outcome of this game.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
rocyaice;2463598 said:
In all seriousness I have no problem with what Woodson said. I don't mind him being biased. Picking the Steelers to win this game isn't far fetched at all. At Heinz Field they should be favored. I still feel that the Cowboys are on a roll right now to get into the post season. They're still not in it yet. I feel they understand that. If they lose than so be it. But I just hope its not because of a lack of effort. No reason for you to not get up for this game. St. Louis okay. Its unnacceptable but I understand. The Steelers? The best defense in the league that no one has tore up yet? Stuff like that would motivate me.

It's not about just this video. Woodson's bias against the Cowboys is on a world class level and Dukes will call him on it every now and then.

It's funny because he never fights back to the point you think it's not true.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2463605 said:
Something tells me Choice has a brake out game...

Nope, I hope he gets a lot of yardage and doesn't stop.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I just saw it, that was good. I love dukes he's probably the most objective guy on the network. The points he made about dallas running out the clock against the packers and deadskins were dead on. You can see the hate for the cowboys in Woodson's eyes. Also I loved when they tried to make a big deal of the chargers beating the raiders. Dukes said let's move on and stop wasting time.lol....I've said it before the steelers have already lost 2 home games and the chargers were close a few weeks ago. We can win this game.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Great Job Dukes....It's about time someone told Woodson how the Cow eats the cabbage.

dstew60105

Reaction score
dadymat;2463521 said:
yes they have ............... Colts ,Giants and Eagles to some extent and they lost to all of them..............

I am so ready for this game

Let's also not forget that they could have lost to the Chargers.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Sorry, I have no respect for Rod Woodson after Michael Irvin dragged him 10 yards while he was draped on Irvin's back in a 1991 game, as Irvin was in the process of scoring a TD.

There are a lot of o-linemen in the league who are "softer" than ours. Pittsburgh's unit is filled with a bunch of soft guys.