[youtube]5oPKWYfM58Y[/youtube]

[youtube]WiqLZ-prLqk[/youtube]

[youtube]GMS6qy2EKeY[/youtube]

[youtube]OEwngUwYqsI[/youtube]

The Dallas Cowboys are America's Team.

It's that simple.

mldardy

Reaction score
Our fans, players, owner all showed tonight why we are such a proud, storied and the best franchise.

alohawg

Reaction score
mldardy;3486060 said:
Our fans, players, owner all showed tonight why we are such a proud, storied and the best franchise.

I concur.....now let's get ready for another multiple SB rings decade!

Manster68

Reaction score
I thought it was so great how Emmitt rattled off so many of the offensive linemen who opened holes for him.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
I think Emmitt had a great speech. He spoke from the heart. Love what he did with Troy and Micheal and the moment with Moose was incredible.My favorite part of the speech was when he said the fans was just apart of Americas team as much as the players were, pretty cool.

jchap

Reaction score
I'm disapointed Emmitt's bust doesn't look like him

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jchap;3486211 said:
I'm disapointed Emmitt's bust doesn't look like him
The busts rarely resemble the player, IMO.

I'm so proud of Emmitt. Anyone who makes fun of his speaking now will just sound foolish. It was so heartfelt that it didn't matter that it was long. You wanted him to keep talking forever, didn't you?

Big D

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3486237 said:
The busts rarely resemble the player, IMO.

I'm so proud of Emmitt. Anyone who makes fun of his speaking now will just sound foolish. It was so heartfelt that it didn't matter that it was long. You wanted him to keep talking forever, didn't you?

Emmitt did what he does best, rise to the occasion.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks guys for the vids...

Emmitt did quite well, sounded very rock star-ish.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Emmitt went far longer than the 10 minutes the players were allotted but I guess John Randle let him have the minutes he didn't use. :D

I thought he did a great job and without using notes! People bust on him all the time for his inability to speak well or for using words incorrectly but he certainly proved them wrong last night. I think it is a lot easier to talk about the things you know than trying to say things that you're "supposed" to say, like when you are an analyst.

Floyd Little sounded like a very polished speaker and his son was amazing! I could listen to that guy all day. Great voice & mannerisms, just a real pleasure to hear and very heartfelt. I love the relationship that family has.

I felt sorry for Rickey Jackson as he stumbled through his speech but considering where he came from (his "hometown", as he brought up a dozen times or more) I cut him a lot of slack.

I was a bit disappointed in Rice's speech because he mostly just read it from his notes and it didn't sound like it was written by him at times as he stumbled over the sentence structure.

Randle just read a list of people he wanted to thank and it was surprising since he was such a talker on the field, but I thought he came off very humble and grateful to be there.

Dick LeBeau is the DC of the Stealers and he made that abundantly clear as he talked about the current team more than anyone else. I would have liked to hear more about his former Lions teammates since several of his defensive mates are in the HoF but he didn't spend much time on them compared with his current group of players.

Not a "bad" speech necessarily, just not what I was hoping for. His brother's intro was excellent though.

Russ Grimm was pretty good and I liked that he had Joe Bugel present him, that was classy IMO (rather than Gibbs). I always had a lot of respect for their O-Line back then even though I hated them. I met Joe Jacoby once and told him that I used to hate his guts. I'm a very large guy (6'3" and @ 265 at the time) but he was HUGE! He looked at me strangely for a second until I told him I was a Cowboys fan. He grinned and shook my hand and said, "Now I understand".

I would rank the speeches this way:

1. Floyd Little - Very well done, very touching, concise, and an excellent speaker.

2. Emmitt Smith - Much better than I expected, less emotional throughout but hit some great moments (like when he had Moose stand up. I'm tearing up thinking about it). The only negative is that he went too long but since he's a Dallas Cowboy I don't mind! :starspin

I've got to run so I can't fill in my comments on the rest.

3. Russ Grimm

4. Jerry Rice

5. Dick LeBeau

6. John Randle

7. Rickey Jackson

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
The Cowboy's fans there clearly out numbered anyone elses. Emmitt's ovation and the "Moose" chants made it very apparent. Emmitt acknowledging Johnstons sacrifices was very sincere. I think many people including myself didn't fully appreciate the physical and mental commitment it really took for Moose to play at the level that he did. Consumate team player.

mldardy

Reaction score
THUMPER;3486290 said:
Emmitt went far longer than the 10 minutes the players were allotted but I guess John Randle let him have the minutes he didn't use. :D

I thought he did a great job and without using notes! People bust on him all the time for his inability to speak well or for using words incorrectly but he certainly proved them wrong last night. I think it is a lot easier to talk about the things you know than trying to say things that you're "supposed" to say, like when you are an analyst.

Floyd Little sounded like a very polished speaker and his son was amazing! I could listen to that guy all day. Great voice & mannerisms, just a real pleasure to hear and very heartfelt. I love the relationship that family has.

I felt sorry for Rickey Jackson as he stumbled through his speech but considering where he came from (his "hometown", as he brought up a dozen times or more) I cut him a lot of slack.

I was a bit disappointed in Rice's speech because he mostly just read it from his notes and it didn't sound like it was written by him at times as he stumbled over the sentence structure.

Randle just read a list of people he wanted to thank and it was surprising since he was such a talker on the field, but I thought he came off very humble and grateful to be there.

Dick LeBeau is the DC of the Stealers and he made that abundantly clear as he talked about the current team more than anyone else. I would have liked to hear more about his former Lions teammates since several of his defensive mates are in the HoF but he didn't spend much time on them compared with his current group of players.

Not a "bad" speech necessarily, just not what I was hoping for. His brother's intro was excellent though.

Russ Grimm was pretty good and I liked that he had Joe Bugel present him, that was classy IMO (rather than Gibbs). I always had a lot of respect for their O-Line back then even though I hated them. I met Joe Jacoby once and told him that I used to hate his guts. I'm a very large guy (6'3" and @ 265 at the time) but he was HUGE! He looked at me strangely for a second until I told him I was a Cowboys fan. He grinned and shook my hand and said, "Now I understand".

I would rank the speeches this way:

1. Floyd Little - Very well done, very touching, concise, and an excellent speaker.

2. Emmitt Smith - Much better than I expected, less emotional throughout but hit some great moments (like when he had Moose stand up. I'm tearing up thinking about it). The only negative is that he went too long but since he's a Dallas Cowboy I don't mind! :starspin

I've got to run so I can't fill in my comments on the rest.

3. Russ Grimm

4. Jerry Rice

5. Dick LeBeau

6. John Randle

7. Rickey Jackson
I gotta say Emmitt's was better than Floyd Little's because of who he is and the expectations and he knocked it out and also the substance of the speech. Emmitt talked about his career, his teammates, coaches, being drafted, his family. Little touched on his career a little bit but most of it was about his family. Nothing wrong with it but Emmitt had that and more. My rankings.

1. Emmitt - emotional, energetic, got the fans, teammates, family involved, great story about his father and when he got drafted.
2. Little - emotional, energetic, great message, great intro
3. Grimm - very good, good stories, nothing spectacular
4. LeBeau - long, sometimes boring, and a little corny but he didn't appear to read his speech
5. Randle - read his speech but it was short and to the point
6. Jackson - very unprofessional, wearing a hat, looked sloppy, slouched over the podium, praising that idiot owner Benson who didn't deserve.
7. Rice - started out good but ended disastrously, read his speech word for word and sounded like a robot, she Jackson comments about praising owner.