[Video] Giants Drama: RB Rashad Jennings pens apology to Eli Manning & Tom Coughlin

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Finger pointing, apologies, confusion, disappointment... I almost sort of feel bad for the Giants. Ugh, I can't believe I just said that.

Video & article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ings-pens-apology-to-eli-manning-tom-coughlin

Giants RB Rashad Jennings pens apology to Eli Manning, Tom Coughlin
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

September 16, 2015 9:16 am ET

Both coach Tom Coughlin and quarterback Eli Manning assumed the blame on that final, fateful Giants' drive on Sunday night in which a series of blunders led to the Cowboys' march to victory some 90 seconds later. Things got weirder when Giants running backRashad Jennings said that he was told not to score, a fact Manning later confirmed.

On Wednesday, Jennings took to the pages of the New York Post to apologize to Coughlin and Manning.

"I see now how what I said could easily be misunderstood as an expression of resentment,"Jennings wrote. "I make no claims to be a perfect communicator. But I also assure that I had no ill will at all in stating what I did. Yet I admit in retrospect that I should not have shared that information with the world. I chose to do so, and for that choice, I am truly sorry ...

"I hope that those who have come to know me over the years will readily see that this is something that is uncharacteristic of me. I take full ownership of the fact that I didn't handle things as I should have. And for that, again, I truly apologize to my quarterback, to my coach, to my team, and to our fans."

Good for Jennings. Still, that doesn't change the fact that Coughlin, who has been coaching football since 1969, and Manning, who has been in the NFL since 2004, blew the third-down play that opened the door for the Cowboys' comeback.

The good news -- for Jennings and the Giants -- is that all be forgotten if New York beatsAtlanta on Sunday. Winning fixes everything, you know.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
He was being honest. Eli is a moron. Why should he have to apologize for that?