Video: NFL Live/Werder talk Cowboys - 10/22/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]-y1HZh2oRpE[/youtube]
--------------------------
Werder and the boys from NFL Live talking Cowboys.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
i wish that the entire state of Texas would take T.O's approach and never answer Werder's questions.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
DCowboy, maybe we can get the players to do that now thats a super ideal

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
BTW has it been confirmed that Jerry instructed Wade to take over play calling?

Mash

Reaction score
viman96;2366852 said:
BTW has it been confirmed that Jerry instructed Wade to take over play calling?

Who knows if it was Jerry or the players or Wade doing it his way on defense and if he is goin to get fired....at least he is being accoutable.

The funny thing is....Wade has mentioned this before.....all the defensive plays go thru him before they are called.....he always had the chance to change it if he felt it wasnt the right call.

That being said....maybe Wade is putting more time in gameplanning and the film room.

Its like when Bill was here.....was it Payton or Sparano running the offense? Or was it Bill? Did Big Bill take heat when he took over the offense?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
a friend of mine said yes, jerry jones demanded that if he wanted to still be head coach stewart stripped of def coordinator and wade calls the plays, teaches it etc.

some of this is all on wade if some of the stuff that i have been reading the last few days is true.

some of it is on players

but wade did say in meetings he thought the defense was playing ok and they played great in man to man coverage in the ram game, now that to me is a joke

i think more and more wade hasnt been doing his full time duties as head coach but turning it over to jason and stewart, then saying everything is ok,

wade even said that his defense last few weeks looked good and he tought they were playing well,

i dont know where that came from, but if true, thats what is wrong, seems like wade has been sitting on his laurels from last year and expecting the cowboys to wake up and turn it around.

i just dont know, anymore, just like a friend of mine told me and jjt said, the cowboys are going around in sessions etc and it seems like no one really is in charge etc, but the players do realize this is it,and their mind is on the game now,

so we will see

again, if some of this is true about wade, i dont want him here, if he has been lackdaysiual and laid back, and to me the team has been taking on his personality of being laid back and everything is ok, but now with jerry jones breathing down wades neck, the other coaches and the players, it seems they have woken up

that also spells disater to me to in a way, because if this is all true, the players have been playing with arrogant attitude, waiting for romo to bell them out, etc,

thats not the mark of a true champion to me,

again, i just dont know anymore and its sad if the players and coaches have had this attitude

just like when one player says, after the washington game, he was glad they lost because now the pressure of the fans and media expecting the cowboys to win 16 games in a row if off of them, right there that says, then to me your heart really wasnt into wanting to win it all and you paying the price to be the best,

some attitude adjustment on this team needs to take place big time

now sure who would do that and make them accountable, but its a shame, thats the way some players have felt and played

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Does your friend have first hand knowledge? If not then I'm still thinking it is BS.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
my friend says he saw it on tv about wade being told either strip stewart and you handle def coordinator or you wont be he head coach

as far as wade saying defense to him played well etc, its on the dallas morning news blog

then some guy said on this board that ware didnt practice or study film monday or tuesday but given day off due to how hard the cowboys played against the cardinals,

in other words wade was way to easy with the team, too soft, etc

on the one player saying that he was glad the team lost to the Commanders because now the media and fans cant expect the players to win 16 games straight etc, that was on national air on a tv show

thats why i said i dont know anymore; all i can remember now like one fan said, enjoy wade your first year, because each year it will get worse and worse, and that sometimes wade says he will go to lunch with his wife and wouldnt come back on fridays, leaving everything in the hands of the coordinators

just this season has been real frustrating to me, but maybe the cowboy players and coaches have woken up now and know their jobs is on the line

but where is the heart, desire, the want to, just like keith davis said on special teams, the players have to want to play on special teams and play well, right there is another bad attitude to me,

i just hope this gets turned around, i have been waiting since 1995 for another championship and i am getting tired of promises that we will win, we will do better or like crayton says after giant loss in playoffs, it leave a bad taste in your mouth, but you play like nothing against the Commanders, the rams and cardianals, thats the sickening part,

im just frustrated right now, and i know im rambling from what i have heard on cowboys roundup, dfw sports beat, ktbb, espn, nfl network,

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2367172 said:
my friend says he saw it on tv about wade being told either strip stewart and you handle def coordinator or you wont be he head coach

as far as wade saying defense to him played well etc, its on the dallas morning news blog

then some guy said on this board that ware didnt practice or study film monday or tuesday but given day off due to how hard the cowboys played against the cardinals,

in other words wade was way to easy with the team, too soft, etc

on the one player saying that he was glad the team lost to the Commanders because now the media and fans cant expect the players to win 16 games straight etc, that was on national air on a tv show

thats why i said i dont know anymore; all i can remember now like one fan said, enjoy wade your first year, because each year it will get worse and worse, and that sometimes wade says he will go to lunch with his wife and wouldnt come back on fridays, leaving everything in the hands of the coordinators

just this season has been real frustrating to me, but maybe the cowboy players and coaches have woken up now and know their jobs is on the line

but where is the heart, desire, the want to, just like keith davis said on special teams, the players have to want to play on special teams and play well, right there is another bad attitude to me,

i just hope this gets turned around, i have been waiting since 1995 for another championship and i am getting tired of promises that we will win, we will do better or like crayton says after giant loss in playoffs, it leave a bad taste in your mouth, but you play like nothing against the Commanders, the rams and cardianals, thats the sickening part,

im just frustrated right now, and i know im rambling from what i have heard on cowboys roundup, dfw sports beat, ktbb, espn, nfl network,

Next time, make it more clear that your friend saw this on BSPN, NLFN(or whatever sports show on tv)...you made it sound like that he had friends in the *organization* that *confirmed* it.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Exactly! There has been a lot of BS reported as fact on ESPN.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2367189 said:
Next time, make it more clear that your friend saw this on BSPN, NLFN(or whatever sports show on tv)...you made it sound like that he had friends in the *organization* that *confirmed* it.

What are you his father talking to him like that?

Boysboy

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2367269 said:
What are you his father talking to him like that?

No-his earlier post sounded rather misleading-it sounded like he has friends in the DC organization that told him these things(i.e. Ellis and Tank complaining to Jerry), then he said in his next post how his friend saw it on tv.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2367276 said:
No-his earlier post sounded rather misleading-it sounded like he has friends in the DC organization that told him these things(i.e. Ellis and Tank complaining to Jerry), then he said in his next post how his friend saw it on tv.
You're right in that the original suggested one thing until he clarified it in another post. A "Please" wouldn't have hurt, tho. :)