Video: Ratliff, Ware and Butler doing work!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]v0K02ZMJN2Y[/youtube]
---------------------------

Happy to see Ratliff continuing to be a beast, Ware getting closer and Butler stepping up his game in crunch time!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Man, that Butler kid is quick off the edge. Could we have a Dwight Freeney starter kit? :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those two plays from Butler almost look like the same play. He was so fast around the edge it looks like the OT only got finger tips, not a hand, on him.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2981849 said:
[youtube]v0K02ZMJN2Y[/youtube]
---------------------------

Happy to see Ratliff continuing to be a beast, Ware getting closer and Butler stepping up his game in crunch time!

thanks buddy, nice video

reddyuta

Reaction score
very underwhelming play by otah.he was just watching butler go by on both instances.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2981892 said:
Those two plays from Butler almost look like the same play. He was so fast around the edge it looks like the OT only got finger tips, not a hand, on him.

Yeah the guy was explosive. I wonder how much had to do with fresh legs and lack of scouting vs pure ability. He didn't really have much in the way of resistance, just used his speed.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;2981971 said:
Yeah the guy was explosive. I wonder how much had to do with fresh legs and lack of scouting vs pure ability. He didn't really have much in the way of resistance, just used his speed.

I wondered about the scouting part as well. Maybe Otah just did not realize he was that fast so just half stepped it or something.

Either way he still moved around pretty fast.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2981975 said:
I wondered about the scouting part as well. Maybe Otah just did not realize he was that fast so just half stepped it or something.

Either way he still moved around pretty fast.

Yeah in that situation Otah should've put his left hand right into Butlers Right hip and drove him upfield.

It looked like he was gassed at that point though.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That vid gives me happy pants.

I forgot that Butler almost caused a fumble on the first sack, too.

I've been pretty reserved on him, but who knows? What if we really hit on him? Shaun Phillips was a 4th round pick. Heck, Charles Haley was a 4th round pick.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2982041 said:
That vid gives me happy pants.

I forgot that Butler almost caused a fumble on the first sack, too.

I've been pretty reserved on him, but who knows? What if we really hit on him? Shaun Phillips was a 4th round pick. Heck, Charles Haley was a 4th round pick.

Don't tease...

Bluefin

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2981892 said:

It looked like a starter playing against a scrub in the pre-season.

Jeff Otah looked flat footed and helpless against a fresh Victor Butler.

Most sacks won't be that easy, but Butler should be getting more nickel snaps moving forward.

davidb257

Benched
Reaction score
I was wondering this during the game aswell, but is that Elisha Cuthbert cheering for the Cowboys?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
We are going to be scary with the amount of waves we will be able to throw at the offense especially when we gt JWill back.

Great Drop!

poost

Reaction score
Now if Spencer can get in on the action, we will be set!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I had a couple of discussion on this in the off season. I honestly believe that Spencer might find himself at ILB. I think he would fit and I think that it might suit him better. Lord knows, 54 isn't going to get it done for us.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
At 2:11 DeMarcus almost gets to the quarterback, but he slips when Delhomme scrambles away.... and he stays on the ground. That's the kind of stuff that makes me think he's probably injured, or tired, or something.

The usual DeMarcus would get right back up and chase down Delhomme, like he relentlessly pursued McNabb at the end of the Monday Night game last year.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
nyc;2981873 said:
Man, that Butler kid is quick off the edge. Could we have a Dwight Freeney starter kit? :laugh2:

Not big enough. Maybe more like a James Harrison starter kit.