Video: Ratliff, Ware and Butler doing work!

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Fletch;2982183 said:
Not big enough. Maybe more like a James Harrison starter kit.

You know Dwight Freeney is only 6'1", 260 right?

Victor Butler is 6'2, 246.

Plumfool

Reaction score
If he gets better putting him and ware on one side would be awesome. And Spencer is getting close as well

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Yes, the way he got off the edge and whipped around the RT is something. But the closing speed on the QB and knowing how to locate the QB in the pocket is what really strikes me on Butlers ability in both of those plays.

Remember, we knew they had to throw because of the time and score of the game. So he knew he could just tee off. It's a lot different when the possibility of your opponent running at you is part of the equation. That's where Butler is not prepared enough yet at the OLB position. But he gets off the edge no doubt and certainly can close in and locate the QB in the pocket. That's the DE in him.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2982172 said:
Well, I had a couple of discussion on this in the off season. I honestly believe that Spencer might find himself at ILB. I think he would fit and I think that it might suit him better. Lord knows, 54 isn't going to get it done for us.

54 certainly isn't the answer but #51 is starting to turn it on. He looked more than adequate in this game and if he can keep up that level of play for the next 2 years we got a steal.

Regarding Spencer, leave him outside where you can utilize his speed off the snap. His coverage skills are adequate enough on the outside but he'll get abused on the inside during passing downs. I know we usually have a coverage LB inside for the passing downs but that's for 3rd down. Could be a liability on 2nd downs if the opponent passes.

Jason Williams at ILB was a good pick if he can get healthy and pay some dues there.

onetrickpony

Reaction score
On the play where Ware is a tick late and Delhomme throws an incompletion, the Broncos #88 dives at Wares ankles and when he misses, tries to trip Ware. He looks like he actually make contact with Ware's right ankle, but Ware is able to bounce over the trip attempt.

So tell me , what is this difference in this play by #88 and the one where Felix got fined $5k? Is it just that the Broncos cut block so much that the refs don't pay attention to this stuff when they have the ball? Maybe because Flo has been targeted they are watching the rest of the Cowboys closer?

Either way, it looks to me like if what Felix did was worthy of a fine, so was this play by #88.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That video is beautiful. That video is proof why I'm not worried about Ware this year either. He's been super close on several occassions this year. He's going to get his numbers, especially if Butler can continue to provide that type of rush on the other side.