VIDEO REQUEST: Miles Austin

PoetTree

Reaction score
Does anyone have a highlight reel of Austin from the just-played pre-season game? I'd love to take a closer look at what he does. I've watched the Felix Jones highlights over & over & over again (and then some), and have come away more & more impressed with our new back each and every time. He was phenomenal!

Before last season began, I thought about how incredible our offense would be if Julius returned to rookie form. He didn't. But then, Marion Barber proved to be much more than I ever thought he was. Kind of a wash. But I still had daydreams about how much MORE potent our offense would have been had Julius been the explosive "big-play" back that he'd teased he was, alongside Barber's battering ram. Alas. Not to be.

Until now, maybe. Because what I saw from Felix the other night impressed me mightily. The boy can scoot! And shift & move. And see where the lanes are gonna be with ridiculous prognostication.

Watch him on the screen play: He catches the pass and briefly glances to the oncoming defender, but then his head snaps back towards the middle of the field (VISION) and without even glancing back to the closest defender... fully knowing he had him beat... Felix races towards and through an impossible alley of lunging defenders at just the right angles to avoid them all.

I was so hoping to see his top-gear as he cleared from the defenders... because you can see he was just starting to bump it up another notch when he stopped bobbing & weaving... but that last unblocked defender was in the right place at the right time, and only just tangled him up. So, didn't quite get to see all of Felix's gifts. But that will come. That will come.

So, *ahem*, yeah... about that video of Miles Austin??

:cool:

"Chuck Norris wears PoetTree pajamas."

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing it either, so I will give it a bump.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Its encoding now. I will have it up in a few. I didnt want to just make a cut of the plays so I spruced it up a bit and added an intro!! I will make a thread for it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2188966 said:
Its encoding now. I will have it up in a few. I didnt want to just make a cut of the plays so I spruced it up a bit and added an intro!! I will make a thread for it.
uh-oh:eek: :laugh2: