Video: Romo at practice this afternoon. - 11/05/08

aikemirv

Reaction score
Longboysfan;2404656 said:
I wish the Cowboy mamagement took this more serious where they had some simulated game running through the weekend to get ready for a better practice week.
Or
At the very least have the WR's and RB's in the catch passes this weekend for Romo to get some more reps before next week.

You don't want Romo throwing too many passes anyway. I would not have let him throw this week !

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Adding Romo (and Felix) to this offense is going to change its dynamics 100%. Now we finally get to see Romo with two good options at WR instead of just one.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
theebs;2404462 said:
My worry is this.

The offense is built around the passing game.

This passing game is about getting deep. The intermediate stuff are throws that romo fits into tight spots.

Romo is very aggressive. He is like gas on a fire with this offense. He is always looking down the field and is not afraid to try and squeeze in an incredibly tight throw at any moment from anywhere in the field.

If his hand limits him, he wont be able to get down the field and he wont get those big plays on the inetermediate side. If this happens we lose.

IF he can throw well, we should score a bunch of points.

Romo should be the least of your worries -- it's his pinky, they gave it time to heal, 'NUFF SAID! And when Romo is healthy, he is money. We've seen him long enough to know that's the truth.

It's every other area -- soft defense, Owens not beating press coverage, no running game. These are areas that need to be rectified. If Romo were the only problem, you could put us in the playoffs right now.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2404902 said:
Adding Romo (and Felix) to this offense is going to change its dynamics 100%. Now we finally get to see Romo with two good options at WR instead of just one.

Agreed on that -- but the Romo to Williams connection is going to have to be consistently effective for a couple of games before we really see any effect on Owens' side. Teams are going to have to see proof before they simply let Owens back into single coverage.

Nevertheless, with Romo, it's about spreading the ball around. This passing offense should pick up considerably, with or without Owens getting the ball.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
On the Felix front, I'm not saying that Choice is as good as Jones, but he was no slouch at Georgia Tech. I think we saw on a few runs last week how fast he can hit the hole. If Jojnes is not ready, we have to get Choice more touches. I think he may be a better option than Barber in certain situations.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;2404663 said:
man, I cannot wait.....without Moxie the Cowboys are boring.
The Cowboys are NEVER boring.

In fact they are the least boing team in the league.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Looks like the finger still bothering him. That's to be expected.

I would love to see Romo say " I'm gonna be here every day, even on of days with T.O., Roy Williams, Austin, Crayton, etc. and we are going to get used to throwing and catching agin, so when I come back, I'm BACK "

or someting like that.