Video: Sapp, Dukes and Baldy talk intrigue for NFC East

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Pretty good stuff on the NFC East from Warren Sapp, Jamie Dukes and Brian Baldinger...

[youtube]TYsOZIBQvjs[/youtube]

Dukes will not give up on the idea that Michael Vick is one day going to be back in the NFL as a starting QB who plays at a high level. I still can't remember when Vick was ever anything more than an average NFL QB, lol.

Sapp must be forgetting that with a very good pass rush there is no time to throw over the top of the Safeties. And how is Gerald Sensabaugh inexperienced?

Dukes is never going to give up on the 'Free is not the answer' talk until Free actually proves he can get the job done. And when Free does this I am going to be the first in line to let Dukes know it.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Dukes has been wrong so many times I've lost count and forgot the circumstances. he's a total ***-hat. if Sapp is making more than 5 bucks a show........he's ripping them off.

I've had the network since it's inception and while it's improving every season I must say the addition of those two thrashed the credibility aspect IMO. They're supposed to be football savvy all the while consistently making predictions off nothing more than love/hate perceptions. Joke.

HanD

Reaction score
the only person i dislike more is faulk and his inability to admit he is wrong about the cowboys. he sets a standard, dallas and romo meet it, he moves the bar to avoid being wrong and having to change his tune.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Did Jerry Sleep with Sapp's woman or something?

And why is Duke's permanently blinded when it comes to Doug Free? Is Flozell his brother-in-law or something?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Seven;3446628 said:
I've had the network since it's inception and while it's improving every season I must say the addition of those two thrashed the credibility aspect IMO. They're supposed to be football savvy all the while consistently making predictions off nothing more than love/hate perceptions. Joke.
I'm with you. I went back to DirecTv a few years ago largely for this channel, and I almost never watch it anymore. The replays of old games are great, but their commentary is worthless.

It continues to amaze me that in the internet age when we have more and easier access to information than ever, the media for the most part have become more and more superficial.

It's like as long as you're on TV and talking, it doesn't even matter what you say.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How does Sapp have that job? He's such a jerk. His arrogance fades into ignorance so many times. The four lineman for the Bucs made those two average safeties look pretty good themselves (Dexter Jackson and John Lynch).

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
HanD;3446642 said:
the only person i dislike more is faulk and his inability to admit he is wrong about the cowboys. he sets a standard, dallas and romo meet it, he moves the bar to avoid being wrong and having to change his tune.
Thank you :clap:

Thats exactly what that funny looking hater does....

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d818e17c0/Is-this-the-year-for-Dallas

Comments by ChoppinBroccoli

They say our Safeties will cost us the Super Bowl this year (when was the last time you heard anyone say, "If they'd had better Safety play, they'd have been in the Super Bowl"? I'm sorry, but Safety's not an important enough position to doom an entire season for an otherwise loaded team.) Oh yeah, and Sapp doesn't think we can win on the road on the playoffs (why, I have no idea, but he said it).

T-RO

Reaction score
Does Jamie Dukes have a hypocritical agenda and a racially motivated agenda? Sure sounds like it from where I sit?

Listen to this blatant prejudice and contradiction:

Speaking of McNabb
"To be a quarterback...you need to do more than just run an offense. Don't you need to be special in an offense when you consider what they just had with McNabb?"

Then two minutes later when talking about Romo...
"Tony Romo has made positive strides. He is at a comfort level where he has learned he doesn't have to create or do anything special. With Flozell gone...I think Tony Romo might resort to his old tricks."

If you listen to Dukes he is consistent:
White quarterbacks are bus drivers (or should be). Black quarterbacks are special.

Jamie Dukes needs to get fired. If he wants to fan the race wars...he shouldn't be surprised if he sees it coming back. I know the NFL network wants to appease the black audience and the players, but this has swung the other way and is out of hand. None of us need racism on the airwaves.

I'm done with him, and I'm not joking.

I do agree with Sapp about the importance of strength up the middle, and the risk in riding with unproven safeties.

T-RO

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3446755 said:
Yeah, that was a stretch if I ever saw one.

Just the truth. Read Duke's comments above about McNabb and Romo and try to devise an alternative hypothesis. I'll be waiting.

In recent seasons Dukes repeatedly sided with Owens and against Romo, Witten and the white players. Dukes has taken the Philly franchise and fanbase to task over McNabb and constantly belittles Kolb.

Just piece it together along with his dour, bitter, angry spirit. I'm all ears. What other hypothesis makes sense?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
T-RO;3446887 said:
Just the truth. Read Duke's his comments above about McNabb and Romo and try to devise an alternative hypothesis. I'll be waiting.

In recent seasons Dukes repeatedly sided with Owens and against Romo, Witten and the white players. Dukes has taken the Philly franchise and fanbase to task over McNabb and constantly belittles Kolb.

Just piece it together along with his dour, bitter, angry spirit. I'm all ears. What other hypothesis makes sense?
He's not too bright?

T-RO

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3446891 said:
He's not too bright?

LOL. I'll give you points for creativity...but no, Dukes is a very intelligent man.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AsthmaField;3446653 said:
And why is Duke's permanently blinded when it comes to Doug Free?
Duke has criticized Free at every turn this off season. It's to the point that I don't watch if Duke is on and I know they are going to talk about the Cowboys. Perhaps if Free goes to the Pro Bowl he will finally admit he was wrong.

T-RO

Reaction score
The good ones on that network?
Faulk, Mooch, Woodson, LaCanfora, Davis, Sharpe, Baldy, Mayock, Wyche, Lombardi, Irvin

Those that suck mightily:
Waddle, Sanders, Sapp, Dukes

The hosts: Eisen, etc are just that. Faces.

The best combo? Sharpe and Baldinger

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3446903 said:
Duke has criticized Free at every turn this off season. It's to the point that I don't watch if Duke is on and I know they are going to talk about the Cowboys. Perhaps if Free goes to the Pro Bowl he will finally admit he was wrong.
What else can he do? We are bringing back 22 starters from last years playoff team. There are not many things he can criticize. I find it amusing that the only fault he can find with Free is the MN game. And he has to just totally ignore the facts to make his point on that one.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
67CowboysFan;3446912 said:
What else can he do?
Admit he doesn't know what the Cowboys know about Free. To instantly critize just rubs me wrong.

The worst was after the Barron trade. I had to turn the channel.

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3446918 said:
Admit he doesn't know what the Cowboys know about Free. To instantly critize just rubs me wrong.

The worst was after the Barron trade. I had to turn the channel.
As much as we would all like to see that, it's just not going to happen. Since I do enjoy watching a lot of the shows on NFLN I've learned to adapt. Anytime I see Dukes, I consider that the part of the show where he is going to show us how little he actually knows about the game.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3446903 said:

Literally, the first thing out of his mouth every, single, time he talks about the Cowboys is that Free isn't going to be able to handle the LT position and that it will sabatoge the Cowboys season.

He always says, "Go back and watch the Minn. playoff game."

For the love of pete, I wish that MoFo would go back and watch it. He would find out what we all know: The problem wasn't Free. Even in those terrible circumstances... the problem wasn't Free.

Good God almighty! It drives me insane!

After we got Barron, he said he felt some better about LT, because Barron would start there.

I wish he'd bet his job on that.