Video: So does Ken Hamlin get a fine for this and did the refs miss one?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1838055 said:
Norm Hitzges feels the refs missed a helmet to helmet call and he states that Hamlin should expect a hefty fine from the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7-_E5hNuz0

Norm is a freaking idot, the replay showed Hamlin used his shoulder and not his helmet.

Hamlin may get a fine for shoulder-to-helmet, but it was not a helmet-to-helmet hit.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
He leads with his shoulder but gets some secondary contact with his helmet (which is fine). The first view on the TV is misleading from the angle.

Big time hit.

StylisticS

Reaction score
He lead with the shoulder, not his helmet ,eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, brain, neck or anything else above his shoulders. It was a clean hit.

canters

Reaction score
I agree, clean hit. But heck, this was not our week. He'll probably get fined big time.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It was as clean a hit as Gaffney's catch was clean against the Ravens. <ducking> ;)

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
no fine. jerry should toss ken a few bucks for a nice hit from our best safety

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
It was def a no-call and he will get a huge fine. I like Hamlin but he def got away with one there.

VICTOR710

Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;1838423 said:
It was def a no-call and he will get a huge fine. I like Hamlin but he def got away with one there.

Yeah I agree, he is getting fined next week for sure.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I expect him to be fined, only because the NFL has a habit of fining people for things that, by letter of the rule, should not be a penalty.

Hamlin CLEARLY turned his head to the side and led with the shouler. The only reason there was any contact between the side of Hamlin's helmet and Schobel's helmet is because Hamlin's head is attached to his neck, which is next to his shoulder. If you hit someone with your shoulder, it's difficult for your head NOT to make some contact.

But Hamlin clearly didn't lead with his helmet.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Kind of hard to lead with the side of your helmet.

Brutal hit though.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
yeah, it was clean. but i bet its not clean enuff for the NFL.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
1) he hit him with his helmet. He missed a few plays to fix the helmet....

But he clearly was trying to lead with his shoulder. I don't se a fine there as he was trying to go in properly. What a hit tho....

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think Hamlin MAY get a break on this one -- here's a guy who is coming back from having a fractured skull - that's not a player who is intentionally going to use his helmet.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Norm Hitzges feels the refs missed a helmet to helmet call and he states that Hamlin should expect a hefty fine from the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7-_E5hNuz0

It's helmet to helmet...Gotta be a fine...Dangerous play and even on the replay I saw while watching the game live, you can see Kenny lowering his head to lead with it ...Big no no

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
FCBarca;1839003 said:
It's helmet to helmet...Gotta be a fine...Dangerous play and even on the replay I saw while watching the game live, you can see Kenny lowering his head to lead with it ...Big no no

lmao, did you even watch it?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is wrong and so was Aikman when he claimed the same thing. A fine? Maybe but I wouldn't if I was the commish. Just a great hit is all I saw.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
FCBarca;1839012 said:
Saw it several times, live and on replays...It was helmet to helmet

He did not lead with his helmet he turn his body to make sure he was leading with his shoulder. Sorry but you are wrong on that. Does not mean the nfl will not fine him because they do that sometimes even when it is a joke to be fining guys

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
he hit him helmet to helmet - that was clear.

he was turning and trying to lead with shoulder....