Video: So does Ken Hamlin get a fine for this and did the refs miss one?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Some of you guys are obviously blind. It was not a helmet to helmet hit. Hamlin hit him with his shoulder. Buy some glasses.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Seems like a silly pt to continually argue over, it was helmet to helmet...That vid is not great (Res is lousy) as they show it again later...But at 1:13-1:14 you can clearly see helment to helmet contact and Schoebel's head snap back...Moreover, you can see that both were groggy getting up AND Cowboys equipment manager had to retool his helmet after the incident.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Star4Ever;1839075 said:
His head snapped back because Hamlin put his shoulder into his head. Period.

Yeah, so the equipment manager just happened to be fixing Kenny's helmet because it was his shoulder...Surrrre :rolleyes:

FCBarca

Reaction score
Star4Ever;1839095 said:
If you'll notice, Hamlin hit the ground extremely hard after the hit.

Riiight, it was the ground that damaged his helmet, not Schoebel's helmet....Yeah, that's it :rolleyes:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was shoulder to shoulder with unintentional head to head contact. Hamlin will be fined because as Star4Ever said, Schobel's head clearly snapped back.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Star4Ever;1839100 said:
Whatever, look at the play.

I watched it in HD, saw it very clearly...You keep thinking that some fuzzy vid from Youtube is more accurate than that...Not to mention the obvious followup evidence of both being groggy after the hit and the equipment manager retooling Hamlin's helmet.

Pics will soon be available, I'm sure.

Feel free to recant at your leisure...Helmet to helmet

sillycon

Reaction score
FCBarca;1839116 said:
I watched it in HD, saw it very clearly...You keep thinking that some fuzzy vid from Youtube is more accurate than that...Not to mention the obvious followup evidence of both being groggy after the hit and the equipment manager retooling Hamlin's helmet.

Pics will soon be available, I'm sure.

Feel free to recant at your leisure...Helmet to helmet

They were showing the replays constantly after the play. You couldn't see Hamlin turning his body and throwing his shoulder into him? As someone mentioned earlier, the head is pretty much where the shoulder is. It's hard NOT to make contact with your helmet even if you lead with your shoulder... NFL will probably go with the letter of the law and fine him. But Hamlin didn't lead with his helmet so there was so intent..

FCBarca

Reaction score
sillycon;1839203 said:
They were showing the replays constantly after the play. You couldn't see Hamlin turning his body and throwing his shoulder into him? As someone mentioned earlier, the head is pretty much where the shoulder is. It's hard NOT to make contact with your helmet even if you lead with your shoulder... NFL will probably go with the letter of the law and fine him. But Hamlin didn't lead with his helmet so there was so intent..

Intent is one issue, not sure it was his intent as you say...I agree he turned as he leapt from his feet but the crown of his helmet is what hit Schoebel...So I can't say anything about intent but there isn't a replay I saw during the game that didn't look like helmet to helmet

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I honestly thought it was all shoulder pad.

Knowing the NFL of course he gets fined though... he hit an OFFENSIVE player too hard.

Its a joke.

EDIT:

There is always intent... his intent was to knock the ball loose. Again, its a joke how the league protects the offense.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
FCBarca;1839224 said:
http://i87.***BLOCKED***/albums/k158/smarta5150/agfdg.jpg

Classic

Makes even more sense for me to use this now that Michigan stole R-Squared from WV.

sillycon

Reaction score
FCBarca;1839210 said:
Intent is one issue, not sure it was his intent as you say...I agree he turned as he leapt from his feet but the crown of his helmet is what hit Schoebel...So I can't say anything about intent but there isn't a replay I saw during the game that didn't look like helmet to helmet

What everyone is trying to say to you is that Hamlin didn't lead with his helmet. That should've been plainly obvious to you during those replays. The helmet contact is incidental because your head is attached not far from your shoulders and you can't escape contact with your helmet. It's going to happen.