Video: The Dallas Cowboys vs The Media - 12/27/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
http://dcfanatic.com/2008/12/27/the-dallas-cowboys-vs-the-media.aspx

The Dallas Cowboys vs The Media

Posted by DCFanatic at 12/27/2008 10:44 AM and is filed under Player Info,Cowboys News

So now it appears that Jerry Jones is in on the conspiracy theory that the media is out to get the Cowboys.

And in return he's out to give the media a little bit of a shove back...

[youtube]IQIJMQNoFkc[/youtube]

Now let me say this first before I even begin to tell you how dumb this entire issue is.

The Dallas area media has a few guys who love to stir the pot. They know the Cowboys are under a lot of pressure and they know that some questions can get them a headline or two. But that's their job so while it may be annoying it's also part of life as a public figure. The owner knows it, the players know it and the fans know it.

So now on to how dumb all of this is.

The idea that the media is getting under the skin of the players, the coach and now the owner of the Dallas Cowboys is just dumb.

There is no other way to describe it. This organization from top to bottom is the most highly recognized sports entity in the world and if they can't handle some pressure from the media how are we supposed to believe they can handle the pressure of making it to and then winning the Super Bowl.

Here's more food for thought...

Ed Werder on Irvin

The story on Werder went from the idea that he was completely making stuff up (which I never believed for one second) to T.O. doing an interview with Stephen A. Smith where he says he believes Werder did have sources but that they were the liars to now having the owner of the team giving him the cold shoulder.

How can you not laugh at that.

Werder made a great point and I think also let us in on the 'real meat and potatoes' of how he got a few sources to give him those quotes about Terrell Owens. At the 1:50 mark of the audio he states that some of the players on this team were wondering why T.O. didn't have to face any music from the organization about his sit down interview with Deion where he made some critical comments about Garrett's offensive system.

But any problems within this team that may cause division in the locker room are all brought on by the media? That's absurd.

And to hear Kevin, Mike and Werder spell out how this could play out if we lose on Sunday is just more absurdity.

We go from 13-3 and the #1 seed in the NFC where we don't even pick up one lousy win in the playoffs to this season where if we lose on Sunday we don't even make the playoffs. And Jerry says he's keeping everything in tact?

That's past absurd, it's more like insane.

In some ways it makes me think Jerry is out of ideas on how to get this team back into the Super Bowl. That he's just given up and is going to sit back and just hope things fall into place with what's on the table right now.

That's more scary than Jerry thinking he's the 'football guy' behind this whole thing if you ask me.

So now back to how dumb this 'Dallas Cowboys vs The Media' thing really is.

Maybe this is the reason so many pundits constantly say the Cowboys are without true leaders that can rally this team at times of adversity.

Maybe this is why the team crumbles every December.

Maybe this is why there hasn't been a playoff win in twelve years.

Maybe this is why so many are questioning if Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys can go into Philly on Sunday and come away with a win.

Do I think they can?

Of course. I am just a fan who loves this team more than just about anything in the world so I always have hope they can go out and win a football game.

Wait. Let's say that again.

All they have to do is go out and win a football game.

I say Cowboys 38, Eagles 23.

Don't stop believing.

The Panch

Reaction score
The idea that the media is getting under the skin of the players, the coach and now the owner of the Dallas Cowboys is just dumb.

There is no other way to describe it. This organization from top to bottom is the most highly recognized sports entity in the world and if they can't handle some pressure from the media how are we supposed to believe they can handle the pressure of making it to and then winning the Super Bowl.
:clap2:

Angus

Reaction score
I may be mistaken, but aren't you part of the media? Protecting your own?

:)

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2525581 said:
I like how Jaime dukes called out woodson on the super bowl loss.

I love it. He's been doing it for a while, but now he's even throwing in some video of Woodson pouting on the sideline during the game.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Angus;2525584 said:

Sure. I fly on the team plane with Jerry and the players. We are just getting ready for the flight to Philly.

Jessica sat on my lap on the trip to Pittsburgh.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Why again did we decide that the entire team couldn't handle the media? Because Jerry dropped an expletive after having to repeat himself 10 times to a group of reporters?

Seems to me like Ed was the one crying that Jerry wouldn't give him an interview. Jerry doesn't have to talk to him at all. And in fact most people wish he wouldn't talk so much.

This whole interview with Ed was pathetic anyway. They all talked about being 9-7 as if we've already lost tomorrow.

I'm not on the whole "media is evil" bandwagon and never have been. There are some good ones and some lousy ones. But in this case Ed and many, if not most, other media covering the team are actively rooting and campaigning for Wade to be fired. Where is it their place to do so? Maybe it is for a columnist, but not for a supposed beat reporter like Werder. Or Mac Engel. Or plenty of others.

And no one ever answers when I ask about Mike McCarthy or Jack Del Rio being fired after years that went backwards. Or Lovie Smith not being fired when he went from 13-3 to 7-9. Where are their heads on platters?

I think it all goes back to the "We're the Cowboys, we deserve better" nonsense that some people believe.

BHendri5

Reaction score
You can say what you want to say/believe what you want. I'll tell you what is dumb, the media continually hounding player(s), or organization until they finally are able to stir up some kind of controversy.

I spent a whole week explaining to people who knows "I love the Cowboys" that all that stuff Werder started/Dallas area media, about the Witten and Owens crap was a lot of overblown stuff taken from some little bit of info, that goes on everyday/every week in practice and they just added and added and causing a lot of drama.

Then on Saturday on my way to the Barbershop, I was listening to Gameday on Espn radio and whomever was on confirmed what I had been saying. This guy said that stuff goes on in lockerrooms all the time, but that the only time it becomes a controversy is when the media finds out and they keep adding and adding stuff, he finally went on to say that the media causes controversy not players or a player.

So DC, it is not Dumb, but you are right about one thing, winning kills all that crap.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
And no one ever answers when I ask about Mike McCarthy or Jack Del Rio being fired after years that went backwards. Or Lovie Smith not being fired when he went from 13-3 to 7-9. Where are their heads on platters?

I wonder the same thing. A month ago, albert breer called New York the capital of football, espn followed suit, I read the inside the nfl crew did, peter king hinted at it.

We started hearing about a jets giants superbowl.

Why are the jets not being crucified.

and on to other teams in worse positions than us. Denver. Why in the world are they not skewered for blowing their lead? WHy is mike shannahan always celebrated? Andy reid and the eagles. Howcome every summer and early fall we have to hear how these guys are the most well built organization in the league not named the patriots yet they can not crack the 10 win mark, and their franchise quarterback hasnt taken them to the playoffs since 2004.

Throw in mike mcarthy and the mess that is green bay. Its hysterical how last year green bay was this big bad team who would defiinitely beat Dallas and get the 1 seed and then go to the superbowl, then they blew the one seed and lost to the giants and then the whole offseason circus. Yet no one even mentions the packers. They were 13-3 last year and now they are horrible.

I mean, I know the answer, I just hate it. Jerry wants the team in everyone's mouth 12 months a year and because of it the media wants controversy and problems here.

Maybe if we werent on hard knocks, the owner having his own line of commercials, two radio shows, a tv show, an opinion on everything this would all die down.

Throw in the new management at espn in 2006 and their tmz style shows and direction and you get what we have now. A bunch of nonsense.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Angus;2525584 said:

That's what it sounds like to me also. He protects the media and constantly belittles TO. His show is just as old as the media is...

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54;2525619 said:
That's what it sounds like to me also. He protects the media and constantly belittles TO. His show is just as old as the media is...

I protect the media, lol.

Maybe it's more like if I criticize T.O. you get all mad.

Right? You can admit it. Be a man about it.

Just tell everyone that if they are going to criticize T.O. then you are not down with them anymore.

:laugh1:

Mansta54

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2525643 said:
I protect the media, lol.

Maybe it's more like if I criticize T.O. you get all mad.

Right? You can admit it. Be a man about it.

Just tell everyone that if they are going to criticize T.O. then you are not down with them anymore.

:laugh1:

Naw, I'm just not down with YOU and your views. Love the info and vids that you bring to the board tho. You just cry and whine waaaay too much for me... It's all good tho!!!!:D

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54;2525652 said:
Naw, I'm just not down with YOU and your views. Love the info and vids that you bring to the board tho. You just cry and whine waaaay too much for me... It's all good tho!!!!:D

You mean I don't act like a complete homer and think like Wade Phillips.

I love me some me.

Mansta54

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2525675 said:
You mean I don't act like a complete homer and think like Wade Phillips.

I love me some me.

Call it what you want but I see it as whinning and crying all the time. Again, your hard word of bringing excellent info to the board overshadows alot of it. Keep up the good work...:D

birdwells1

Reaction score
Hey DC, just watch that you don't take such a hard stance against TO that you start hoping for him to fail even at the detriment of the boys. When you take a stance like the one you're taking then TO drops a 180yds 3td game you'll have to find ways to explain why it wasn't because of him. Then my friend you will look completely foolish.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
birdwells1;2525915 said:
Hey DC, just watch that you don't take such a hard stance against TO that you start hoping for him to fail even at the detriment of the boys. When you take a stance like the one you're taking then TO drops a 180yds 3td game you'll have to find ways to explain why it wasn't because of him. Then my friend you will look completely foolish.

Why in the world would I root for him to fail?

Because I think he's a fool you automatically think that's the next step.

A pattern is developing. All the T.O. lovers are pretty simple minded.

You either love T.O. and back him 100% in everything he does or you hate the Cowboys and hope they fail, lol.

It's just silly.

I love the Dallas Cowboys. The players come and go, but I will always love the Dallas Cowboys.

I will always root for them to win. I will always have faith they can get it done in the next game. I will also always stick to my guns about my views in life and how they relate to the way things work for the Dallas Cowboys.

Just because the egomaniac plays football for the Dallas Cowboys doesn't mean I have to like everything he does on and off the field. That type of thinking is for the homers who throw out their moral, ethical and 'right from wrong' systems because a player starts wearing the jersey.

That's not being a true fan, that's being a sheep who just follows the herd around all day eating up whatever they are told and backing it no matter what it sounds like.

And for the record I don't think T.O. was being a fool the entire time he has been here. But he lost me when he sat down with Deion after beating the Commanders.

Romo is back one game and he's wearing a splint, we go into DC and come away with a big win to get the season back on track and this fool thinks it's a good time to start complaining about Jason Garrett's offense?

Come on. You can be his biggest fan and you still had to be asking yourself why he did that. That's being a good teammate? That's only worrying about the team winning? Well they won. So then why is he complaining? If he is only worried about his production so the team can win and they found a way to win even though he didn't have a huge game then why sit down with Deion?

Because the man is a walking talking contradiction. He's not jealous of Romo and Witten, but then he has a meeting with Garrett and tells us in his own words that in the meeting he told Garrett that he thinks Romo needs to look for other guys who are also open besides Witten. LOL. So if he's open and Witten is open then Romo should throw it to him first?

But I know that there will be responses to this that say he's just worried about winning. Whatever. Some people have already set it their mind that they will not criticize him no matter what happens and it's cool.

But I just wish those same people would stop hearing 'the names' because they automatically make a judgement about what they are about to hear. Instead more people should be paying attention to what is actually being said.

It's comical to think that any media outlet would want this circus to shut down before the playoffs begin. This circus sells newspapers and advertising like no other circus in the world. If anything they want it to continue to get even more crazy and the Cowboys are falling right into the trap because they are now in a 'it's us against the media' mode.

The last time I checked the media doesn't wear helmets and line up on Sundays trying to score TD's against Jerry and the gang.

The question then becomes this.

Do the Cowboys even know who their real opponents are these days?