Video: Why Roy Williams is a great player!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]MnC9chWV0Qc[/youtube]

When you make plays like that you are and should be labeled as a great player.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
He looks slow. The ref was closing in on him.

hairic

Reaction score
http://www.endlessyoutube.com/watch?v=MnC9chWV0Qc&start=0m4s&end=0m6s

Also, what an awful decision by Romo. That's obviously an attempt at a high-low concept against the deep middle safety (post/dig), and he threw it to the wrong guy. The safety stayed deep so Austin had single coverage underneath and would have been the much safer throw once he recognized the full man coverage, though the dig would be harder to run in snow.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
That official was every bit as "fast" as Roy - what a cool video though!

Thanks.

chuffly

Reaction score
Just because it needed to be said at least once in this thread...

:madden:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
In all seriousness....I don't think talent is the knock on Roy Williams. The guy can make every play (though he's not quick enough for all routes). I've always thought focus was his biggest problem...he's a top-level talent.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
He has top talent except for his inconsistent hands, terrible route running, super lazy work ethic and his slow speed plus he can't catch with a defender near him. But top talent none the less.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Future;3444823 said:
In all seriousness....I don't think talent is the knock on Roy Williams. The guy can make every play (though he's not quick enough for all routes). I've always thought focus was his biggest problem...he's a top-level talent.
This 'all the talent' stuff needs to stop. If guys like Roy and MartyB had all this crazy talent people say they do, then they'd play well. They don't. If they could 'make all the plays', they would. They don't. There comes a time when maybe a player just isn't very good.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Bennett's job is 90% blocking and he does that better than anyone. Don't lump him in with loser boy.

From Fox on Roy:

Top 10 overpaid NFL players
Show Previous Photo 2 of 10 Show Next Photo
Roy Williams, Cowboys WR

Williams is the poster boy for all those overrated University of Texas players who go bust in the NFL. Dallas really thought Williams, a Pro Bowler with the inept Lions, would thrive with Tony Romo. He has caught 57 passes in 25 games with in Dallas after costing them a first-round pick and $45 million over five years. He collected a cool $13.6 million last year, and what he calls “his nightmare” experience in Big D could end up with him as the fourth WR on the roster.
Jim McIsaac -

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3444379 said:
[youtube]MnC9chWV0Qc[/youtube]

When you make plays like that you are and should be labeled as a great player.

I have completely changed my mind on Roy. he be a good player.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
With all the talk about the ref nearly catching him it seems to be overlooked that he was pulling away from the defender. I have lost faith in Roy but I have not lost hope. He is a Cowboy and I want to see him pull this thing out of the fire.