VIDEOS:the score Jenkins and Scandrick.. Max Morgan with Cliff Harris

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am having a snag with the recording of the blitz. I will try and get the vids up if I can.

here is what I do have!

Click HD in the right corner

Max Morgan with cliff harris.
[youtube]VzEmGgugabE&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

The score with Babe and George Dunham and piece on scandrick and jenkins
[youtube]NccD8NQuepI&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

Big D

Reaction score
I'll go on record and say I think Scandrick wins the starting cb position opposite TNew. Either way , I think our defense is going to be nasty this year!

JBS

Reaction score
as much as I love scandrick, I don't think he wins the starting gig. However, it isn't an off the wall prediction and has a shot of happening.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
That was an interesting comment by Scandrick.

He's the guy that has received all the positive coverage while Jenkins has been hammered for the most part. Todd Archer put out a positive story on Jenkins recently.

Just look at that clip. We see Jenkins get beat by Crayton. Then we see Scandrick have good coverage. We see Jenkins slip and fall down, and then we see Scandrick make another good play.

MacMahan said that Jenkins would start, because he was the first round pick.

Some have said that Jenkins will start, by default, due to Scandrick's great play out of the slot.

Mike Jenkins has been the guy who has really been ditched.

Orlando Scandrick has been the media darling.

Big D

Reaction score
41gy#;2803013 said:

He's the guy that has received all the positive coverage while Jenkins has been hammered for the most part. Todd Archer put out a positive story on Jenkins recently.

Just look at that clip. We see Jenkins get beat by Crayton. Then we see Scandrick have good coverage. We see Jenkins slip and fall down, and then we see Scandrick make another good play.

Some have said that Jenkins will start, by default, due to Scandrick's great play out of the slot.

He seems to be the better player as well at least from what I saw last season. Of course, Jenkins may have improved significantly but with his propensity to avoid the big hit along with last seasons results, it leads me to believe Scandrick will get the nod.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Big D;2802990 said:
I'll go on record and say I think Scandrick wins the starting cb position opposite TNew. Either way , I think our defense is going to be nasty this year!

Hey man U sent me the 91 season right?

if so send me your address again via pm. I have been looking for you to send these two you.

Sorry for the long delay, I had this big idea I was going to clean up the image and was waiting for something to do that, and never got it.

Just shoot me your address......and again sorry for the delay, feel free to send me anything else and I will turn it around inside two weeks in the future.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Those were both really good.

Pretty encouraging comments from Cliff on Romo, too. Like he pointed out, as a former safety he sees subtle things QBs do that most people never notice.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good stuff theebs. You can see the desire in Scandrick's eyes. Hard-nosed competition between Jenkins and him will pay off on Sundays this fall.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2803167 said:
Those were both really good.

Pretty encouraging comments from Cliff on Romo, too. Like he pointed out, as a former safety he sees subtle things QBs do that most people never notice.
Agreed, Choc Lab! I'll take Cliff Harris' evaluation of Romo any day. Also, I thought Cliff looked great. That's the first I've seen of him in several years.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
i like both, but jenkins will step up and show why he was one of the best cbs in last years draft. either way i will be happy.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2803013 said:

it's a mixture of everyone loves the underdog, and Scandrick looks pretty, darn good

I think Scandrick has smoother hips than Jenkins, which allow him to stick with guys in a short area much better, but Jenkins has that length and long-speed that makes it very hard for WRs to win foot-races with him down the field

I'm sure they'll each find their perfect roles, niches, what have you, Scandrick being the slot guy, and Jenkins being the boundary/sideline corner

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Big D;2803097 said:
He seems to be the better player as well at least from what I saw last season. Of course, Jenkins may have improved significantly but with his propensity to avoid the big hit along with last seasons results, it leads me to believe Scandrick will get the nod.

This is just my point. Jenkins' play last year, from the media's standpoint, was judged by one play. "Last season's results"??? The media has portrayed Jenkins' season as "bad". That wasn't the case at all. You would think Jenkins is terrible if you read his press.

With the media coverage Jenkins has received, I bet Scandrick would get 70-75% of the vote over Jenkins, in terms of who is the better player.

I bet Scandrick would get at least 65% of the vote if you asked the question, who should start opposite of Terence Newman.

Mike Jenkins is being under estimated, and I think he is going to be motivated, too.

I think a tie goes to Jenkins, and I think it's Jenkins' job to win.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2803196 said:
it's a mixture of everyone loves the underdog, and Scandrick looks pretty, darn good

I think Scandrick has smoother hips than Jenkins, which allow him to stick with guys in a short area much better, but Jenkins has that length and long-speed that makes it very hard for WRs to win foot-races with him down the field

I'm sure they'll each find their perfect roles, niches, what have you, Scandrick being the slot guy, and Jenkins being the boundary/sideline corner

Those are some great observations.

odog422

Reaction score
41gy#;2803202 said:
This is just my point. Jenkins' play last year, from the media's standpoint, was judged by one play. "Last season's results"??? The media has portrayed Jenkins' season as "bad". That wasn't the case at all. You would think Jenkins is terrible if you read his press.

With the media coverage Jenkins has received, I bet Scandrick would get 70-75% of the vote over Jenkins, in terms of who is the better player.

I bet Scandrick would get at least 65% of the vote if you asked the question, who should start opposite of Terence Newman.

Mike Jenkins is being under estimated, and I think he is going to be motivated, too.

I think a tie goes to Jenkins, and I think it's Jenkins' job to win.

Forget the media. Going just by what I saw, MY take was Scandrick was better by quite a bit. He looked way more fluid and comfortable, not to mention aggressive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for Jenkins to do well, but that bailout on a tackle as a rookie - the year you are supposed to be trying to make a name for yourself - sent me the message that while he may have the "tools," his inner workings leave something to be desired. You can't coach that, you can't teach that. So we'll see.

Unfortunately, Jenkins also has been cursed as one of the players Jerry's been trumpeting that's going to show everyone why he was drafted in the first round. Not good.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
odog422;2803625 said:
Forget the media. Going just by what I saw, MY take was Scandrick was better by quite a bit. He looked way more fluid and comfortable, not to mention aggressive.

That may in large part be due to the fact that Jenkins had never played in a zone scheme before. He was clearly uncomfortable with it, and it seemed that every time we needed to make a stop, it was zone that we used.

With the reports that he is becoming more comfortable with zone coverage, and that the coaches are more comfortable with the secondary in general, I'd say we'll see more man this year....and along with it a much improved Mike Jenkins.

I'd also say that there is some truth to what 41 is saying. Its hard to analyze a cornerback's play from a couch. There is far too much going on off screen to make an accurate assessment. We obviously ewre more pleased with what we saw from Scandrick last year, but I'd say at this point he may be slightly overrated, and Jenkins may be slightly underrated. We'll see.

Big fan of both.

odog422

Reaction score
tomson75;2803643 said:
That may in large part be due to the fact that Jenkins had never played in a zone scheme before. He was clearly uncomfortable with it, and it seemed that every time we needed to make a stop, it was zone that we used.

I'll agree that this played somewhat a role in their performances respectively. However, the biggest differences and the bulk of my post was about Jenkins' unwillingness to make the tackle. I know he has all the "tools" and I know he should be better this year, but my question was to his internal desire for this game. Lacking that, makes me wonder whether he would ever fully recognize his potential.

No way do I see Scandrick falling off, by the way. I wouldn't be surprised to see him by season's end as being regarded nearly on par with Newman. He's that much of a natural.