Vikes/Giants & Skins/Bucs

mbanx

Reaction score
Anybody think the Giants and the skins lose this coming weekend? I know anybody can lose on any weekend but I thought these games they might be more prone to lose against non-division opponents. The vikings I think will be better under Brad Johnson because I think he will make better decisions in the passing game than Culpepper and the Giants defense has only looked very good against the skins. The bad thing is they play at NY. The skins play at TB though and I hope TBs defense comes to play because if they can get after Brunell I think they win that game with more contributions coming from the defense than a Simms led offense.

Now all of this wont matter unless we beat the eagles but after last night I think we win handily. We keep the penalties to a minimum, and play the kind of defense we have for 60 minutes this time we win. Lets also hope we have a three headed monster running game with a healthy Julius Jones back in the lineup and they have a TO free team.

:starspin Mike

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I guess all that time off gave Brad Johnson's arm some time. Because those passes looked tight yesterday, after a few dead arm years.

I don't know how Tampa's offense can do anything this year with their QB situation. Their D might need to score.

Anything is possible though.

DBoys

Reaction score
I like the Vikes but I tell you what the Bucs OL is horrible and are going to get raped by the Skins defense.

mbanx

Reaction score
DBoys said:
I like the Vikes but I tell you what the Bucs OL is horrible and are going to get raped by the Skins defense.

Yeah I guess I was only looking for ways for the skins to lose it might be their defense that wins the game for them as much as it pains me to say that.

Hiero

Reaction score
Should be a tough defensive matchup. bucs certainly have a chance, although probably lose because of Simms.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think being at TB, they pull out a close one, despite the play of Simms.
I would like to think the Vikings pull an upset, because it's about due for them to win one they shouldn't and the Giants to lose one they shouldn't. But I think the Giants pull this one out.

Let's hope I'm right on the first one, and wrong on the second one.

DBoys

Reaction score
mbanx said:
Yeah I guess I was only looking for ways for the skins to lose it might be their defense that wins the game for them as much as it pains me to say that.

I am with you I hope they lose!!!

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
We need the Gints to get beat...we need to take care of business with Philly. Actually, my evil side is kicking in...I want the Skins to be tied with us...then we go in their house and beat their arse...we win division, with Gints taking wildcard, that would make me happy.

D

STREAK84

Reaction score
The Giants have owned the Vikings in recent seasons playing in Minnesota. This year should be no different. Especially being at home this time. I would love to see the Vikings pull it off, but I seriously doubt it.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Steve Smith just mollested the Bucs D yesterday...now Santana's coming to town. I like the Bucs chances of beating the Skins more than the Eagles.

I think it's up to the OL, as someone already said. Simms had no time (I was there) and Cadillac had absolutely no holes to run through...nothing.

Chris looked much better when given the chance. The INT return for TD was, at the most, a 14 point swing which still meant the Bucs would've lost. Costly turnovers, fumbles and INT's, did them in along with the pitiful play of their OL.

I see the Bucs pulling an upset, I hope, against the Skins.

BTW, Galloway is their #1 target down here. Maybe the Skins can get a taste of their own medicine...?

Verdict

Reaction score
DBoys said:

The Bucs are a pretty weak football team. I think this will bear out as the season goes on.

Star-Fan

Old enough to remember the Ice Bowl, Young enough
Reaction score
Verdict said:
The Bucs are a pretty weak football team. I think this will bear out as the season goes on.

Didn't the Bucs pick up Ratay from the Whiners? Gruden is a WCO type. Do you all think he installs him to replace Simms, and surprise the Dead Skins? Wouldn't that be nice? :D

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
The Giants are like kryptonite to the Vikings.

I've never understood that.

Hopefully, Brad Johnson is the guy to change that.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
Star-Fan said:
Didn't the Bucs pick up Ratay from the Whiners? Gruden is a WCO type. Do you all think he installs him to replace Simms, and surprise the Dead Skins? Wouldn't that be nice? :D

They JUST traded for him. Think he knows their system? Doubtful.

Simms gets a few more games to see if he gets better.

Star-Fan

Old enough to remember the Ice Bowl, Young enough
Reaction score
Wheat said:
They JUST traded for him. Think he knows their system? Doubtful.

Simms gets a few more games to see if he gets better.

He's been there about 3 weeks now. He's played WCO in Frisco, and Gruden runs a WCO type offense. He's been a starter in the NFL I just think he can't be too far behind Simms at this point. But, really who cares? As long as the 'Boys keep winning that is all that matters! :starspin