Vikings courting Hutchinson

Cowboysguy

Reaction score
In other Minnesota news, the Vikings made contact with Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson and are trying to schedule a visit over the weekend. Hutchinson is the Seahawks' transition player and is going to command more than $6 million a year. The Seahawks would have seven days to match any offer.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2363621

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We should get in this game - guys a serious football player. I'd rather pay him Larry Allen money than Larry Allen.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cowboysguy said:
In other Minnesota news, the Vikings made contact with Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson and are trying to schedule a visit over the weekend. Hutchinson is the Seahawks' transition player and is going to command more than $6 million a year. The Seahawks would have seven days to match any offer.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2363621
That would be a perfect fit for them. They have the money too of course.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If they are stupid enough to transition rather than franchising him we should get on this -- unfortunately we would have to write a cap killing deal that Seattle can't match. As Seattle's owner is one of the 10 richest people in the world, I can't see a huge signing bonus making him blink.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
The vikings make be courting, but hucthinson's camp is turning a deaf ear. I was listening to SIRIUS this morning and they said they havent been able to get in contact with hutchinson's agent. I think he say's no to the vikes.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Seattle has cap to match but would about end FA for them.
Whats actually is happening is there's a lot of new $$$$$$ BUT NOT A LOT OF QUALITY TALENT OUT THERE.

Scrubs are going to be getting overpaid.

Seattle owner is constrained by Cap -
Jones is a near Billionaire too.

Worth a shot - unless maybe they are going to pay Allen and keep him at current cap :(

Cowboysguy

Reaction score
I agree we should go after him...I think he is as good, if not better than Bently. He will be a good player for a long, long time.
Seattle is in OK shape under the cap (17 million) but they might have a hard time matching a huge offer. I'd take all of Larry Allen's $$$ and spend it on Hutchinson

AbeBeta

Reaction score
scrubs are getting overpaid -- and Hutch is the best player out there. If Seattle matches they still could have some room to operate -- they'd have rework deals with Hassleback and Jones to do it -- but they could get some room.

parchy

Reaction score
For some reason, when I first read the title I thought it was Chad Hutchinson you were talking about, which is why I was wondering why in the hell you would make a thread about it. :laugh2:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking of minnesota........

Vikings | K. Robinson agrees to a three-year contract
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:57:37 -0800

The Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson has agreed to a three-year deal to remain with the team. Financial terms were not immediately available, but the deal prevented Robinson from entering free agency when the market opened.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Poison Pill thats how you get a contract done than the Seahags wont match. Put a 7,8,9 million whatever you want bonus if say a player on the team leads the NFL in rushing TDs. Its not gonna happen in Dallas with Barber and Jones but it will possibly happen with Alexander so they wont match. It happened with the Chiefs, Bears and John Tait when he was transitioned. The Bears put a big bonus in his contract if the team lead the NFL in rushing. The Chiefs didn't match it for good reason, it probably would have happened. Not likely for the bears and the got their man. This is doable to what ever team decides they want Hutchinson.