News: Vikings' HC Mike Zimmer to miss game against Dallas

Reaction score
This clinches it for me. They're gonna rally around this. We're getting taken behind the woodshed.

Nah, it's not like he's on his deathbed, just getting an eye operated on,,,, though I'm sure the team will try to make it a rallying cry.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I wish Zimm well. He was a big part of our 90's success. He needs to stay away from football tomorrow night. Football is just football. Eyesight is much more.....

plymkr

Reaction score
Get well soon Zim. Eyes are nothing to mess with.
This is no joke man. Back in 2010 I was exercising with one of those stretch bands and it slipped off of the mount and hit me right in both eyes. I instantly went blind. I had 3 eye surgeries in 4 days to save my sight. They saved my sight but my eyes are permanently damaged. I could care less about the damage and having to put in eye drops every day. I can see and I can still be independent. Going blind was the most horrible thing that has ever happened to me. It's been 6 years and I still have an occasional panic attack about it. You don't really know what you have until you lost it. I was blind for a month before I was able to start seeing again. It took about 3 months post op before I got back to normal vision. It was horrible, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I'll be praying for the man, emotionally eyes are terrifying when they don't work and detached retina is as bad as it can get.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Best case for Zimmer and Minnesota is he sits upstairs and views game from booth. But i cant imagine him being cleared to coach from sidelines. More importantly, hopefully he gets well.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
This is no joke man. Back in 2010 I was exercising with one of those stretch bands and it slipped off of the mount and hit me right in both eyes. I instantly went blind. I had 3 eye surgeries in 4 days to save my sight. They saved my sight but my eyes are permanently damaged. I could care less about the damage and having to put in eye drops every day. I can see and I can still be independent. Going blind was the most horrible thing that has ever happened to me. It's been 6 years and I still have an occasional panic attack about it. You don't really know what you have until you lost it. I was blind for a month before I was able to start seeing again. It took about 3 months post op before I got back to normal vision. It was horrible, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I'll be praying for the man, emotionally eyes are terrifying when they don't work and detached retina is as bad as it can get.
Wow, really sorry to hear you went through that dude. I can only imagine what you went through during that month...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on, this is Zim, he could have one eyeball handing out and he make the game. Guy is nails.