Vikings RB Dalvin Cook holding out

sacase

Reaction score
Dude hasn't even made it a full season yet....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No surprise.......expect this from all top RBs going into the final year of their deals. Whether or not their teams fold is another story but they're basically trying to void being run to the ground and spit out w/o a long-term deal ( DeMarco Murray ).

Reactions: BAT

jrumann59

Reaction score
He was a 2nd round pick. So maybe that has something to do with it.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
No surprise.......expect this from all top RBs going into the final year of their deals. Whether or not their teams fold is another story but they're basically trying to void being run to the ground and spit out w/o a long-term deal ( DeMarco Murray ).

Derrick Henry just this past year 300+, and 80+ carries in the regular season and playoffs, and still doesn't have a deal.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Supposedly wants more than McCaffery

LOL I dare say Melvin Gordon my have gotten more than this guy. I seem to remember him not playing almost an entire year because his knee didn't feel "right". The organization was really questioning his drive then, NOW pay me. yeah right.

Flamma

Reaction score
Derrick Henry just this past year 300+, and 80+ carries in the regular season and playoffs, and still doesn't have a deal.

At least he got franchise tagged. Cook stands to lose the 1.3 mil he'd be making this year. Even if he gets a new deal, he'll still be making 1.3 Mil for 2020 plus whatever his signing bonus is. I wouldn't risk it over signing bonus money. He's still relatively young for a RB at 24.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
At least he got franchise tagged. Cook stands to lose the 1.3 mil he'd be making this year. Even if he gets a new deal, he'll still be making 1.3 Mil for 2020 plus whatever his signing bonus is. I wouldn't risk it over signing bonus money. He's still relatively young for a RB at 24.

Why not? He's still 24 with low miles and explosive talent. If the vikings won't pay, someone will. There is always a team that has too much money. Why risk another injury for 1.3 million, when you get 20-30 mil guaranteed? It isn't about the signing bonus its about the guaranteed money for injury.

Flamma

Reaction score
Why not? He's still 24 with low miles and explosive talent. If the vikings won't pay, someone will. There is always a team that has too much money. Why risk another injury for 1.3 million, when you get 20-30 mil guaranteed? It isn't about the signing bonus its about the guaranteed money for injury.

For some dopey reason I didn't consider injury when writing my post. My post makes a bit more sense that way.

I'm not sure why they're not offering him something. He's got a good 3-4 years left in him if he's not asking for top money. The fines will start piling up and they're not forgivable anymore from what I understand.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
For some dopey reason I didn't consider injury when writing my post. My post makes a bit more sense that way.

I'm not sure why they're not offering him something. He's got a good 3-4 years left in him if he's not asking for top money. The fines will start piling up and they're not forgivable anymore from what I understand.

I guess thats something that will come to play when training camp starts. Right now ball is in the vikings court. Do they want to test his resolve? Or just pay him a fair price?

Flamma

Reaction score
I guess thats something that will come to play when training camp starts. Right now ball is in the vikings court. Do they want to test his resolve? Or just pay him a fair price?

They have him by the short hairs right now. He'll not only lose the 1.3M, but he'll be fined everything he has worked for going back 2 seasons. He has to bank on it paying off in 2021. It's easy for us to say, yeah, some team will pay him, but look at it from his POV. He might just be better off showing off his talent for one more year so that he does get paid by some team in 2021 if not the Vikings. The thing is, I don't know what he is asking for or if the Vikings even care.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
They have him by the short hairs right now. He'll not only lose the 1.3M, but he'll be fined everything he has worked for going back 2 seasons. He has to bank on it paying off in 2021. It's easy for us to say, yeah, some team will pay him, but look at it from his POV. He might just be better off showing off his talent for one more year so that he does get paid by some team in 2021 if not the Vikings. The thing is, I don't know what he is asking for or if the Vikings even care.

But what is 1.3 million plus maybe what 300,000, compared to 20 mil guaranteed? Its a question of who blinks first

Cowboys blinked first when it came to Zeke, what will the vikings do

cowboyec

Reaction score
he was the last player on the Cowboys board with a 1st Rd grade when we went with Taco.