Vikings Smoot out with Broken Collarbone

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota Vikings cornerback Fred Smoot is expected to miss four to six weeks because of a broken right collarbone.

Smoot initially hurt his shoulder Oct. 30 at Carolina and aggravated the injury last week against Detroit - sitting out briefly before returning. The initial diagnosis was a painful but minor injury called a stinger, but coach Mike Tice said Wednesday that Smoot was found to have a fracture.

Brian Williams will replace Smoot in the starting lineup for the Vikings (3-5), who visit the New York Giants on Sunday. Ralph Brown will become the nickel back.

Smoot, who left Washington and signed a six-year contract worth $34 million that included a $10.8 million bonus with Minnesota in March, has 37 tackles, one interception and a team-high 11 passes defended this year.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_VIKINGS_SMOOT?SITE=TXDAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=SPTFOOTBALL.html&CTIME=2005-11-09-14-11-28

--------------
This after releasing their other CB, Ken Irvin. Hmmm. The hits just keep on coming...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
:shootfoot

We dodged a bullet on that one!

I admit, Smooty was my #1 CB target this past offseason. Thank God I'm not running things!

Henry

Reaction score
Losing Smoot hurt the Commanders. The guy was very good when he played for us.

Maybe he's a product of our system. :)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Danny White said:
:shootfoot

We dodged a bullet on that one!

I admit, Smooty was my #1 CB target this past offseason. Thank God I'm not running things!
I agree it's a good thing you aren't running the team :D