Vikings week- We finally going to be a good team?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
These questions are going to be answered.

Likely in a bad way because history tends to repeat itself (AKA, we always subdue to higher teams). I wouldn't be surprised if we came out sluggish once again and go down at least 17-0.

MikeB80

Reaction score

Likely in a bad way because history tends to repeat itself (AKA, we always subdue to higher teams). I wouldn't be surprised if we came out sluggish once again and go down at least 17-0.

recent history tells us the team plays pretty well in these big home games like this. KC was unbeatable until they rolled into arlington and got bullied up front two years ago. JAX and NO came here last year and got manhandled.

This team with a lead and the crowd behind them in this stadium can be very good.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
recent history tells us the team plays pretty well in these big home games like this. KC was unbeatable until they rolled into arlington and got bullied up front two years ago. JAX and NO came here last year and got manhandled.

This team with a lead and the crowd behind them in this stadium can be very good.

Let's get even more recent.

Green Bay game. A bigggg home game from Week 5. What happened?

Let's get even more statistical! Green Bay was missing, guess who...? THEIR #1 WR!
Who are the Vikings going to miss? THEIR #1 WR!
What division are the Vikings and Packers in? NFCN!!
Who's RB is leading the league in rushing? MINNESOTA!
Who last gashed our team at home in a big game? AARON JONES WHO WASN'T EVEN THAT AMAZING OF A RB BEFORE HE PLAYED US (AKA, A RB)
Notice the pattern here? The trend? A home game with a NFCN team with a good run game that is also missing their WR reeks of a possible blowout.

Dallasfann

Reaction score

Let's be real. You would enjoy that. Then you could come here Monday and remind us all how smart you are.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Let's be real. You would enjoy that.

Incorrect. I come back every game (that we win) and say I deserve to eat crow and I get the deserved criticism for being wrong. I accept it.

However, I fail to understand why I would enjoy watching my team lose just to say I'm right. This speaks on your character more than mine because you are assuming the worst from me when I have done nothing that deserves that label.

Then you could come here Monday and remind us all how smart you are.
You said it, not me :thumbup:. But seriously, when have I ever done this? I come in and state my opinion on what could happen in the future and my thoughts on the previous game. I see nothing wrong with that and I don't see how that constitutes the label "remind us all how smart you are".

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Incorrect. I come back every game (that we win) and say I deserve to eat crow and I get the deserved criticism for being wrong. I accept it.

However, I fail to understand why I would enjoy watching my team lose just to say I'm right. This speaks on your character more than mine because you are assuming the worst from me when I have done nothing that deserves that label.

You said it, not me :thumbup:. But seriously, when have I ever done this? I come in and state my opinion on what could happen in the future and my thoughts on the previous game. I see nothing wrong with that and I don't see how that constitutes the label "remind us all how smart you are".

You will never admit it and that's fine, but inside deep down there is a smalllll percentage of your brain that is giddy about coming to this forum after a loss. You can tell me I'm wrong all you want, but you will never convince me otherwise.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
When we look back upon the 2019 season, the lowlight is the Jet's loss and highlight is the Cat.

Vikes 27
Cowboys 16

MikeB80

Reaction score
Let's get even more recent.

Green Bay game. A bigggg home game from Week 5. What happened?

Let's get even more statistical! Green Bay was missing, guess who...? THEIR #1 WR!
Who are the Vikings going to miss? THEIR #1 WR!
What division are the Vikings and Packers in? NFCN!!
Who's RB is leading the league in rushing? MINNESOTA!
Who last gashed our team at home in a big game? AARON JONES WHO WASN'T EVEN THAT AMAZING OF A RB BEFORE HE PLAYED US (AKA, A RB)
Notice the pattern here? The trend? A home game with a NFCN team with a good run game that is also missing their WR reeks of a possible blowout.

preparing for the two teams is much different. Dallas will play the run sunday, they were playing to stop rodgers vs GB.

These two teams are very similar. Both have shaky special teams. Can run the ball and take over the game doing it. Both have good defensive lines and linebackers. They have scored about the same and given up about the same points. Both have qb's who are hit or miss. Dak has an advantage because of his mobility which Dallas likes to use at home more than on the road.

Dallas is at home in primetime. That means the crowd will be great which will help the defense. The zone running game minnesota uses Dallas used to use all the time. I personally think we have the athletes to play this style of running game well. Cook will still get loose a number of times.

I think this game will come down to redzone defense, Special teams and which quarterback handles the pressure better.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
You will never admit it and that's fine, but inside deep down there is a smalllll percentage of your brain that is giddy about coming to this forum after a loss. You can tell me I'm wrong all you want, but you will never convince me otherwise.

The bad side of you is coming out. Its not nice to make false accusations of others. Ive been elated these past few weeks because this team has looked *good*, however, I fail to realize why I get criticized for trying to be realistic about this team week in and out. Why I get labelled a "hater" or "Eagles fan" or "smart arse" just for trying to keep my expectations low for a team known for disappointing fans.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
preparing for the two teams is much different. Dallas will play the run sunday, they were playing to stop rodgers vs GB.

These two teams are very similar. Both have shaky special teams. Can run the ball and take over the game doing it. Both have good defensive lines and linebackers. They have scored about the same and given up about the same points. Both have qb's who are hit or miss. Dak has an advantage because of his mobility which Dallas likes to use at home more than on the road.

Dallas is at home in primetime. That means the crowd will be great which will help the defense. The zone running game minnesota uses Dallas used to use all the time. I personally think we have the athletes to play this style of running game well. Cook will still get loose a number of times.

I think this game will come down to redzone defense, Special teams and which quarterback handles the pressure better.

I agree, but execution and plan is what worries me. This Dallas team may not be able to get off to another fast start.
I also think the only way to win this game is mistake free football, which this Dallas team is allergic to. This team has mistakes every other drive. Whichever team makes the least amount of mistakes is the team that will win.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
The bad side of you is coming out. Its not nice to make false accusations of others. Ive been elated these past few weeks because this team has looked *good*, however, I fail to realize why I get criticized for trying to be realistic about this team week in and out. Why I get labelled a "hater" or "Eagles fan" or "smart arse" just for trying to keep my expectations low for a team known for disappointing fans.

Fair point. I apologize.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We tend to be more aggressive offensively at home so we should see Dak sling it around.
Cousins may get his stats but he’s always good for an int or two.

it should be a close game and come down to Maher vs Bailey. That should be interesting.
I certainly hope it doesn't come down to a Bailey FG kick for the win. That would be heartbreaking!! :(

kwcool619

Reaction score
Keep Stefan Diggs and Dalvin Cook off the field
Run between the tackles. Don't go sideline to sideline. Barr and Kendricks are like Smith and LVE--fast.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Let's be real. You would enjoy that. Then you could come here Monday and remind us all how smart you are.
I don't even understand why the dude watches football. He definitely doesn't understand the game but to sing it from the mountain tops?

How miserable can a.person be?