Video: Vikings Zimmer Says These Cowboys Compare To 1990's Champs

CCBoy

Reaction score
VIDEO: Vikings Zimmer Says These Cowboys Compare To 1990's Champs
http://www.scout.com/nfl/cowboys/story/1732480-vikings-zim-cowboys-compare-to-90-s-champs

Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer has his ties with the Dallas Cowboys, so he has one reason to be polite. And his Vikings play host to the Cowboys on Thursday, so Zim has a second reason to be polite.

But most of all, Zim is honest. And so is his praise of the 10-1 Cowboys.

Cw71CsGUkAAAUo_.jpg

"The offensive line is unbelievable,'' Zimmer said on Sunday. "They're by far the best in the league that I've seen. ... (Left tackle Tyron "Smith is the best lineman in the league by far. But they've got a lot of big, physical guys.''

The praise from Zimmer, a former 13-year Dallas assistant, continued, as he Ezekiel Elliott reminds him of Emmitt Smith, that the Cowboys receiver corps plays at a high level, as it did in the three-Super Bowl 1990's, and that there are other similarities between the two eras of the Cowboys.

"Yeah, it does remind me a lot,'' Zimmer said. "The back is special,'' Zimmer said. "He's a physical, impact player that can make all the cuts. He's great. ... He reminds me of Emmitt in a lot of ways.''

Zimmer said rookie QB Dak Prescott is "making a lot of really, really good plays, not only with his arm, but I think he's making great decisions throwing the football and then with his legs.'' And he praised receivers Dez Bryant and Cole Beasley, too...

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
He didn't seem to have much to say about Dak. Cool:

NwYeDcl.gif

"I'm sure of it...I hate him."

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
50% of the 90s anyway.

Those 90s defenses were at/near the top of the league in all areas.

He's not lying about that oline and RB though. Beastly.

Easy to forget how much talent those 90's teams had. Just think of this offense with a #1 rated yardage defense playing behind it. Crazy.

Maybe in a year or two if we hit on Jaylon and continue to draft well from here and finally seriously address the lack of defensive talent.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Easy to forget how much talent those 90's teams had. Just think of this offense with a #1 rated yardage defense playing behind it. Crazy.

Maybe in a year or two if we hit on Jaylon and continue to draft well from here and finally seriously address the lack of defensive talent.
If Jaylon regains form, and Lee stays healthy, our LB corps will rank among the top in the NFL. We need some DEs to get to the passer. If we can accomplish that and keep our secondary intact, maybe even upgrade over church. There is one safety in particular id love in the draft next year. We can contend for years.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If our D this year was half as good as the D in the 90's....whoa!!!!